WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Talk about a near miss!

sirbob

Reaction score
My daughter was driving on the 5 when she gets this little gift - needless to say this could have been HORRIFIC!

Thank god it only turned into a $330.00 new windshield bill.

IMG_0183.jpeg
IMG_4974.jpeg
IMG_4976.jpeg
IMG_0176.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Had to scare the shit out of them. Get the interior detailed!
No glass coverage, time to update the insurance. Last windshield issues I had, the glass and interior detail was covered via insurance.

PlanB

Reaction score
I was hit on my motorcycle a few years ago by a piece of metal pipe kicked up by a truck. Road debris can cause some serious injuries. Good to see everyone was okay.

sirbob

Reaction score
Had to scare the shit out of them. Get the interior detailed!
No glass coverage, time to update the insurance. Last windshield issues I had, the glass and interior detail was covered via insurance.

Ya thats what I thought also - I've had stuff repaired in the past. Windshield on the last Navigator and some chips on my Porsche. They said said this wasn't covered ?? I tried to understand why and I really didn't get a good answer other than something must have changed??? Well - I didn't change it? Since it was only 330 and is not going as a chargeable claim, I just paid it.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Wow, years ago a semi lost a tire and wheel in front of me, it bounced over my car and took the head off of the guy behind me, that messed me up for quite a bit.

I can only imagine - When I saw it I was almost sick thinking about what might of happened.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Dam! I hit half of a semi brake drum that slid out in front of my Honda Civic a long time ago. Took out the exhaust and oil pan.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Very scary..... Happened to my dad many many years ago on some freeway. Saw a bar like that coming right at him. He was able to swerve to the right just a bit and it took off his left hand rear view mirror. If he hadn't, it would have gotten him right in the chest.... Glad they are OK......

500bbc

Reaction score
Looks like she was wearing her protection, thank God.:)

Backlash

Reaction score
Good thing she wasnt texting and driving. 😁

Glad she was OK. 👍

traquer

Reaction score
Holy shit. Glad they're all ok!

She also needs a new steering wheel. The E9X BMW wheels wear out like that around 100k miles. I got a nice replacement one on ebay for like $75. Insurance will replace it too in this case if you go about it the right way.

charlyox

Reaction score
I’m glad nobody got hurt. It could have been very bad.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Damn that’s scary.

Years ago in LA, near Griffith park, on the 5, a large ratchet strap broke off a flat bed heading southbound and the ratchet flew across the highway into the north bound lanes and went through the windshield of a truck with some gardeners in it. It missed the driver and took the head off the guy in the back passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to see that they are doing well. That is why I try not to follow trucks. So many more things that could go wrong. Beaters are #2 on my list of no follows. I can’t tell you how many times I see people so happy to go slow behind a rig and not pass. 🤕 No thank you!!!

RichL

Reaction score
Wow. That could have been so much worse. Glad they're OK.

sirbob

Reaction score
Good to see that they are doing well. That is why I try not to follow trucks. So many more things that could go wrong. Beaters are #2 on my list of no follows. I can’t tell you how many times I see people so happy to go slow behind a rig and not pass. 🤕 No thank you!!!

She was in the far left lane and she said it came from her right but she didn't see where it came from.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So glad she's OK! We were on the northbound 71 near Chino in the number 1 lane when the fender of a gravel truck in the number 2 lane came off and was launched in the air. You know how when someone throws a ball to you and you know it is going right in your hand? That 100+lb fender was going to land in the windshield of our JK and probably kill my whole family. Quick evasive maneuvers avoided the fender as I watched it hit the road next to me and then slide into the K-rail. My kids will never text and drive after seeing what could have happened if I wasn't paying attention.