WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

talk to me about sand hollow or pink corral sand dunes...

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im looking at a off road trip this winter (ish). Its about a 5 hour tow from havasu, not bad. Prob VRBO near sand hollow.
Also have a secondary motive, I want look at homes in St George. If you have been and have info that would be great.
RR

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Went to Sand Hollow in April. It was an okay trip, nothing fantastic. Friends of ours stayed in the RV park and we hoteled it in St. George. It's kind of a mix of everything there. Some hard pack, some rocks, some sand. Good views in a lot of places. One day we did a ride to Toquerville Falls. That was fun. Need to be street legal in UT to get there from Sand Hollow without trailering though.

What else would you like to know?

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Yesterday at Coral Pink. Be prepared. Pretty cool place though.
CE31784F-A5BE-4AC5-A88E-AE4C14C5D791.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
All I know about Sand Hallow is you have to call these guys if you get stuck…

riverroyal

Reaction score
Went to Sand Hollow in April. It was an okay trip, nothing fantastic. Friends of ours stayed in the RV park and we hoteled it in St. George. It's kind of a mix of everything there. Some hard pack, some rocks, some sand. Good views in a lot of places. One day we did a ride to Toquerville Falls. That was fun. Need to be street legal in UT to get there from Sand Hollow without trailering though.

Utah street legal? Az plates ok?
And im not sure i want snow!!!

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Utah street legal? Az plates ok?
And im not sure i want snow!!!

I would imagine if Road plated, shouldn’t be a problem. They have some BIG events at Sand Hollow every year, that bring in people from all over.

Snow isn't all the time, just when certain types of weather comes through. Sand Hollow has an Elevation of ~3000' Coral Pink is 5500-6000'

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score

What hotel? Safe for a SxS there?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
What hotel? Safe for a SxS there?
If you are plated in AZ, that is also recognized in UT. We went in April, so can't really help you on the snow topic.

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in St. George. Cheap and definitely not multiple stars, but all we needed. Parking lot was a decent size and I had my U4 on a flatbed. Just made sure to park it sort of out front and in the light. I'm a little paranoid with it because someone tried to steal it while on the same flatbed overnight at a hotel in OK. Didn't have any problems in UT though. Not sure how much crime there is. Obviously just secure your stuff and it'll probably be fine.