WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Talk to me about Southern Utah....Area specific recommendations to look at.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
RV garage will have a 4 post lift and cabinets/work bench. The garage should hold 6 cars and still have a little room. No plans for an rv but i have a 21'x66' rv pad if needed:D

property tax is half. taxes are half vehicle registration alone will save me almost 2k a year.

Electric there is dirt cheap.

The only negative i have found is no pump e-85. The g8 won't be happy being down 100hp running 91 but hopefully friends will bring rum and e85 when they visit...haha

Goddamn it.. take my money.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Biggest issue unless you are moving out of state and already have something set up you can't buy a new house. You can have the best credit and all the $$$ in the world but due to supply/demand you are screwed hence the bidding wars and inflated prices.

I believe rental homes are having the same issue.

We chose to build new because honestly it was the only way to guarantee we get a house and don't over pay by 50k....it's nuts
So when are you moving? And where are you moving to, while your house is being built!

JD D05

Reaction score
RV garage will have a 4 post lift and cabinets/work bench. The garage should hold 6 cars and still have a little room. No plans for an rv but i have a 21'x66' rv pad if needed:D

property tax is half. taxes are half vehicle registration alone will save me almost 2k a year.

Electric there is dirt cheap.

The only negative i have found is no pump e-85. The g8 won't be happy being down 100hp running 91 but hopefully friends will bring rum and e85 when they visit...haha

Are you referring to Ethanol free Gas? I know Maverick has it down there.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So when are you moving? And where are you moving to, while your house is being built!

probably be out right after L is done ith school june 5

jens dad lives in ivins. he has a 3bedroom house all to himself and has offered us a couple rooms.

its about 20 minutes (8 miles) from where we are moving. Jens sister lives in the district Logan will be going to school so we will have to truck him to and from until the house is done.

I would be happy if the house was completed prior to thanksgiving

JD D05

Reaction score
car makes 600 wheel hp on 91 and 730 on e-85. The car has a flex fuel sensor and adjusts the timing for basically race gas octane. its the worlds best deal becuase you get 108 octane for like $2 a gallon

i't also has a cooling effect on iat's

Very cool. I assumed we were taking about fuel for the bote also...

FCT

Reaction score
Sky ranch in Hurricane. Beautiful area and endless outdoor recreational activities.

FCT

Reaction score
We looked a few years ago. Just not much to do once you finish off-roading and site seeing. So after a year what are you going to do. More than likely traveling outside the area.

Also places to go out to eat and have a good time is limited. At least 3 years ago it was.

Watch out for the sand hollow itch. It will get you in the summer
Plenty to do. Endless mountain biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping off roading etc. what else is it that you are looking to do?

2Driver

Reaction score
Cool you just made the move. We were looking before Covid. We may head that way in a week or so since we are all vaccine now. Always a good excuse to swing into Kanab...LOL not the toaster swing

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
More swingers in Ut than you think 🤔 ( Not Us ) lol😂
I have a couple / 3 friends that have 3-4 wife’s , Great people very nice smart , kids are great , I trust them completely , But = another story another time 😉

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Holy shit man....glad to see you're actually gonna make some money finally...lol. Im still stuck in this pocket down here barely breaking even. Go figure...lol

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Plenty to do. Endless mountain biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping off roading etc. what else is it that you are looking to do?

don’t get me wrong that’s all fun stuff and do almost all of those things, but not as much I would like. But I still felt locked with nothing besides the things you mentioned. Once I get my fill then what. That’s is the reason I felt “locked”.

i also felt that there was not many businesses around to support my company. I don’t need local customers for support, but need vendors to support my jobs nation wide.

Reactions: FCT

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Time to update this...

Things have moved past real. Build contract has been signed and construction deposit was sent a week ago. We are now on to engineering and permitting. Hoping to break ground in June. The build has gone up 28k due to construction cost's since we started looking and when we signed. (i saw this coming)

Our house was photographed for the MLS on Tuesday. As soon as it went live yesterday afternoon we received a couple offers. One of the offers was from one of my neighbors family members. I'm very close with my neighbor and his family and let them know I was looking for full market value i can't afford deals. They understood and came in with an offer 40k over asking on what i considered a pretty high starting price. I'm very comfortable with the offer and the 4% RE fees so we entered into escrow this morning. Perhaps there was another 10K out there but I'm happy good people are moving into the neighborhood.

Looking to close around june &th once my son is done with 6th grade.

here is the redfin listing for the Corona house and a elevation pic of the new place. (single story right at 2700 sq feet, huge back covered patio and big garage)

View attachment 992468

Super pumped for you! Congrats and thanks for keeping us posted. We love that area and are there quite a bit. We would have considered southern Utah but just love having no state tax plus my parents are 15min from us in Boulder City and at their age we just needed to be closer.

We are looking into building a similar place 2600sqft and an RV garage so I cant wait to see your finished product!

Again congrats. Gonna be awesome for you guys.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
When were up at Zion not too long agon we drove through Hurricane. Its nuts those huge polygamists homes. Huge big ugly square boxes with like 25 bedrooms. All really run down and super creepy looking.

Edit. Found some photos we took. Tons of these around Hurricane.

20210416_105910.jpg

20210416_105856.jpg

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Just realized all those homes must have. Even built by the same builder. They are exactly alike.

Builder advertises, "Custom polygamists homes; you pick the amount of wives, we build the rooms!"

Saw this group taking a photo in Zion!

20210416_110543.jpg

Groper

Reaction score
You should have sent them that photo ^^^^lol.

You would think with all them' Bitches the house(s) would look immaculate and your right the place is kind of off a bit.

We've spent some time up there wheeling over the years and have ran across groups of 15-20 in the back country all riding on a flatbed sitting on bench's, nobody ever waived back nor made any eye contact or acknowledgement that your right the fuck in front of them......... odd motherfuckers I'll have to pack more ammo next time.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
When were up at Zion not too long agon we drove through Hurricane. Its nuts those huge polygamists homes. Huge big ugly square boxes with like 25 bedrooms. All really run down and super creepy looking.

Edit. Found some photos we took. Tons of these around Hurricane.

View attachment 992850

View attachment 992851
That’s not Hurricane it’s Colorado city Az that unit and 3 others where moved on and put back together 😳 word on the street is if the home is not finished- no tax’s until finale done, also 95% of the homes are owned by the church FLDS and now the Feds are coming in and taking them , selling them to cover all the law suits from the young girls that there leader Jeff’s married AKA Raped , one girl got 18 mil$ . 🤔✊🏻 Shit ton of people that lived in Cc have moved out to St G , Cedar city ect , some are very nice some are Fucking Nut jobs 👍

JD D05

Reaction score
Just realized all those homes must have. Even built by the same builder. They are exactly alike.

Builder advertises, "Custom polygamists homes; you pick the amount of wives, we build the rooms!"

Saw this group taking a photo in Zion!

View attachment 992858

They build them on there own. Actually can be very talented, lots of people request polygamist crews here. They are respectful, clean and do good work.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
yes,

lot is 165
build is 451 + upgrades

They have a 0.41 acre corner culdesac lot in the same area for 250k that was available last week but its a tad above my pay grade and maybe a little more than i need...basically i just cant justify the extra 80k..lol

The lot i chose is 115 deep by 100 wide . With the set back it will still give me 8' on one side and 20+ on the rv garage side for rv/boat parking. Backyard will be roughly 25' deep from the back of the house. It won't be as big as my current yard but that's because i currently have a 1600" house. New lot is bigger but house footprint with garage is way bigger.
Where at ? Builder ?🤔👍

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
We've spent some time up there wheeling over the years and have ran across groups of 15-20 in the back country all riding on a flatbed sitting on bench's, nobody ever waived back nor made any eye contact or acknowledgement that your right the fuck in front of them......... odd motherfuckers I'll have to pack more ammo next time.

Were they playing banjos and have really low sloped foreheads?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
They build them on there own. Actually can be very talented, lots of people request polygamist crews here. They are respectful, clean and do good work.

Man, if those photos of the homes are any indication of workmanship and design, ill stay far away! 😂😂

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
St G was having problems other builder could not compete do to how cheap they can build they don’t pay anyone under 18 a cent its training , I was watching this guy stack a big Boulder rock wall he was in a 450 cat excavator , he would pick up a rock look at turn it then place it , Crazy good so I drove over to get closer, it was a 13-15 year old kid operating it .

Richard.E

Reaction score
Yes there are polygamists on every corner in southern Utah. In fact you guys should just stay away entirely!!!

it’s already too damn busy without all you California refugees moving this way.

2Driver

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the homes in and around the lava boulders. North of town in Entrada golf course.

Fair to say the black rocks throw off heat on 100+ days and are scorpions condo? I see a home there that is really nice just not sue about the lava flow deal

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the homes in and around the lava boulders. North of town in Entrada golf course.

Fair to say the black rocks throw off heat on 100+ days and are scorpions condo? I see a home there that is really nice just not sue about the lava flow deal
Years ago Going out of town to enterprise just after Winchester Hills there is a Old volcano on the right some kids packed some old tires up to the top inside the Crater and lit them off 😂😂 people were shitting there pants thinking it was going off 🤪👍 Good times

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score

Entrada =$$$$$$$$$$$

2Driver

Reaction score
Entrada =$$$$$$$$$$$

I saw some stuff that wasn’t too bad. I like it but not sure about scorpions or the heat soak from all the black rock especially at night. Like a bunch of campfire rocks in your sleeping bag

Had my overfill of damn scorps in Moonridge.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I saw some stuff that wasn’t too bad. I like it but not sure about scorpions or the heat soak from all the black rock especially at night. Like a bunch of campfire rocks in your sleeping bag

Had my overfill of damn scorps in Moonridge.
I’ve tagged by them shit ton of times like a bee sting , I just spray WD-40 on the sting

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@Cole Trickle

How are things going? I am heading up there this weekend to explore and get a feel for the place and need some guidance!

I just reread this entire thread, trying to get a game plan together as I will have about a day and a half up there.

Last edited:

Richard.E

Reaction score
@Cole Trickle

How are things going? I am heading up there this weekend to explore and get a feel for the place and need some guidance!

I just reread this entire thread, trying to get a game plan together as I will have about a day and a half up there.
Let me know if you wanna grab a beer or need advice on any local areas. I’m in Hurricane.or wanna come check out the shitty job my pool contractor is doing 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just ran into captain Chuck at Juicy's, he was telling me about the move. Congrats @Cole Trickle !! When we drove through there it looked very nice! The homes are HUGE all through southern Utah!
RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We have officially been here for a month and 2 days.

The whole area is absolutely beautiful and clean. It's a vast contrast to California when you walk into a public bathroom at a park or restutrant and there is no grafitti or carvings on the mirrors...lol

The people are very nice and helpful. You can tell there is a little bit of a California stigma with the news of the states decline and the mass exodus but that goes away very fast when they figure out we play for the same team values wise

I will say that it's going to take some time to find people/friends with the same "lifestyle" as us. All of the parents on the soccer team are super cool and 100% LDS with a minimum of 3 kids.

We took Logan to Club Soccer try outs right away and he got a ton of interest from the entire organization and different coaches. Things are different here people actually care about the kids and volunteer time vs. making a job out of coaching soccer. We joined a team and the total cost for the year was $440 + uniforms and Tourney fees. Our club in california was $2000 a year + uniforms+ tourney fees + twice a year we had to sell $200 worth of BS raffle tickets. The fields and facilities here are amazing 1000x better than what we played in IE/OC.

We recently went and got our new UT license and swapped over the registration on all the cars. Easy processes and the DMV is a complete pleasure vs CA. I was able to set up an appointment the night before and i walked straight to the desk 5 minutes before my scheduled time. it's $55 for a license that lasts 8 years. Cars were a little more than i thought as i didn't find the "state" fee when researching and thought it was just the county fee. With that said Washington county doesen't have smog or vehicle inspections and the total cost for all 5 cars was $632 (20 Silverado,19 Mustang,09 G8,00 Camaro,94 miata) To put it in perspective jens truck cost $742 by itself last year.

Car scene seems pretty dang good. Lots going on with a mix of everything. I imagine it will be better once it cools down.

Weather...It's been hot. Like i think the area is setting all time records right now so its been as hot as 115 since the day we got here. !00 here is nice and you are coming at the right time as it should be down at 100. Its nice in the mornings until about 10:30 then it gets hot and stays hot until dark. (I think the rocks insulate the area) Speaking of dark it doesent get dark until 10 pm so that's a new deal...haha Soccer is from 8-9:30 and we are driving home when the sun is setting.

Food..Lots of options and honestly its better better than i expected. Every chain known to man is here but there are also a bunch of independents that i love. For sushi try
sakura (gets packed) or Kabuto. For a super cool place that serves American food and that has a full bar go to Georges corner, it's our favorite place so far with a great vibe and cool atmosphere. Wrap it up with a trip to iceberg for some milkshakes (the strawberry malt is legit) and drie to dixie rock at sun down/dusk for some amazing views of the entire valley.

We are currently staying in Ivins, It is absolutely beautiful here .we rode scooters from the house 12 miles into snow canyon national park and it's a flat out postcard setting...amazing. With that said i couldn't live in Ivins unless i was older and lived on a golf course. It's a mix of new/old but there is just nothing all that close. St. George is only 8 miles away but the speedlimits are 35 so it takes forever. Soccer practice 10 miles away takes forever. Logans school is in washington so when that starts we will be making 2 trips a day and it will probably take 45-50 minutes round trip. There isn't any traffic but we are out here and without a highway it takes a while. I would be looki g in the Washington/St george area of Washington Fields. I feel like you 4 are exactly at the same place in life as us and you will want similar people/lifestyle and access to stores and good schools.

Look for houses on Dixie power. Its supposed to be some of the cheapest power in the nation. We have heard from multiple people with large houses/multiple AC that there bill is under $150 a month in the summer. Very little solar as power is so cheap.

recreation wise the place is amazing. I feel like it will take 50 years to see/do everything. It's basically like living a normal life in a vacation setting that people travel the world to check out. My wife has made several comments as we are driving a road that overlooks the views that it's amazing we live here. Check out sandhollow ,hurricane,laverkin for activities but i don't think you would like to live that far out. We went tubing down the virgin river yesterday and it was awesome. great way to beat the heat and spend a couple hours. We have also spent quite a few days at the Ivins revivor. Basically a big swimming pond that a bunch pof people hang out for paddle boarding and hanging out when its hot.

Not having our own house or a garage/pool sucks...lol Jens dad has been great but a month of working in a bedroom at a little house with no activities is hard for someone like myself that likes to putter. Our permits came back late last week and hopefully we break ground in teh next week or two. Thing shave been a little slower than expected but i guess that's the nature of the beast when a city is overloaded with new builds.

We will be in town through saturday. heading to Puerta Vallarta sunday for a week but if you want to meet up for lunch/dinner hit me up. We can show you around and where we are building.
ls1.jpg
ls2.jpg
soc.jpg
dix.jpg
fis.jpg
res1.jpg
t1.jpg
t2.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We have officially been here for a month and 2 days.

The whole area is absolutely beautiful and clean. It's a vast contrast to California when you walk into a public bathroom at a park or restutrant and there is no grafitti or carvings on the mirrors...lol

The people are very nice and helpful. You can tell there is a little bit of a California stigma with the news of the states decline and the mass exodus but that goes away very fast when they figure out we play for the same team values wise

I will say that it's going to take some time to find people/friends with the same "lifestyle" as us. All of the parents on the soccer team are super cool and 100% LDS with a minimum of 3 kids.

We took Logan to Club Soccer try outs right away and he got a ton of interest from the entire organization and different coaches. Things are different here people actually care about the kids and volunteer time vs. making a job out of coaching soccer. We joined a team and the total cost for the year was $440 + uniforms and Tourney fees. Our club in california was $2000 a year + uniforms+ tourney fees + twice a year we had to sell $200 worth of BS raffle tickets. The fields and facilities here are amazing 1000x better than what we played in IE/OC.

We recently went and got our new UT license and swapped over the registration on all the cars. Easy processes and the DMV is a complete pleasure vs CA. I was able to set up an appointment the night before and i walked straight to the desk 5 minutes before my scheduled time. it's $55 for a license that lasts 8 years. Cars were a little more than i thought as i didn't find the "state" fee when researching and thought it was just the county fee. With that said Washington county doesen't have smog or vehicle inspections and the total cost for all 5 cars was $632 (20 Silverado,19 Mustang,09 G8,00 Camaro,94 miata) To put it in perspective jens truck cost $742 by itself last year.

Car scene seems pretty dang good. Lots going on with a mix of everything. I imagine it will be better once it cools down.

Weather...It's been hot. Like i think the area is setting all time records right now so its been as hot as 115 since the day we got here. !00 here is nice and you are coming at the right time as it should be down at 100. Its nice in the mornings until about 10:30 then it gets hot and stays hot until dark. (I think the rocks insulate the area) Speaking of dark it doesent get dark until 10 pm so that's a new deal...haha Soccer is from 8-9:30 and we are driving home when the sun is setting.

Food..Lots of options and honestly its better better than i expected. Every chain known to man is here but there are also a bunch of independents that i love. For sushi try
sakura (gets packed) or Kabuto. For a super cool place that serves American food and that has a full bar go to Georges corner, it's our favorite place so far with a great vibe and cool atmosphere. Wrap it up with a trip to iceberg for some milkshakes (the strawberry malt is legit) and drie to dixie rock at sun down/dusk for some amazing views of the entire valley.

We are currently staying in Ivins, It is absolutely beautiful here .we rode scooters from the house 12 miles into snow canyon national park and it's a flat out postcard setting...amazing. With that said i couldn't live in Ivins unless i was older and lived on a golf course. It's a mix of new/old but there is just nothing all that close. St. George is only 8 miles away but the speedlimits are 35 so it takes forever. Soccer practice 10 miles away takes forever. Logans school is in washington so when that starts we will be making 2 trips a day and it will probably take 45-50 minutes round trip. There isn't any traffic but we are out here and without a highway it takes a while. I would be looki g in the Washington/St george area of Washington Fields. I feel like you 4 are exactly at the same place in life as us and you will want similar people/lifestyle and access to stores and good schools.

Look for houses on Dixie power. Its supposed to be some of the cheapest power in the nation. We have heard from multiple people with large houses/multiple AC that there bill is under $150 a month in the summer. Very little solar as power is so cheap.

recreation wise the place is amazing. I feel like it will take 50 years to see/do everything. It's basically like living a normal life in a vacation setting that people travel the world to check out. My wife has made several comments as we are driving a road that overlooks the views that it's amazing we live here. Check out sandhollow ,hurricane,laverkin for activities but i don't think you would like to live that far out. We went tubing down the virgin river yesterday and it was awesome. great way to beat the heat and spend a couple hours. We have also spent quite a few days at the Ivins revivor. Basically a big swimming pond that a bunch pof people hang out for paddle boarding and hanging out when its hot.

Not having our own house or a garage/pool sucks...lol Jens dad has been great but a month of working in a bedroom at a little house with no activities is hard for someone like myself that likes to putter. Our permits came back late last week and hopefully we break ground in teh next week or two. Thing shave been a little slower than expected but i guess that's the nature of the beast when a city is overloaded with new builds.

We will be in town through saturday. heading to Puerta Vallarta sunday for a week but if you want to meet up for lunch/dinner hit me up. We can show you around and where we are building. View attachment 1024412 View attachment 1024413 View attachment 1024414 View attachment 1024415 View attachment 1024416 View attachment 1024417 View attachment 1024418 View attachment 1024419
Awesome update! If you are around on Saturday and it fits with your schedule I'd love to meet up and see where you are building. Lunch, dinner, whatever works with you. I agree, the Washington Fields area seems like what we are after.

I'll shoot you a text. We are staying at the Hyatt in St George.

Are people driving SXSs on the street out there? I read it is legal if its not on the highway. If it is and we make the move I will probably get a Polaris Ranger Northstar with heat and AC.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Let me know if you wanna grab a beer or need advice on any local areas. I’m in Hurricane.or wanna come check out the shitty job my pool contractor is doing 😂

Thanks man. I will let you know. I'm trying to put together the list of places we want to check out Sat and half day on Sun now so we can be efficient.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Awesome update! If you are around on Saturday and it fits with your schedule I'd love to meet up and see where you are building. Lunch, dinner, whatever works with you. I agree, the Washington Fields area seems like what we are after.

I'll shoot you a text. We are staying at the Hyatt in St George.

Are people driving SXSs on the street out there? I read it is legal if its not on the highway. If it is and we make the move I will probably get a Polaris Ranger Northstar with heat and AC.

tons of sxs on the street. i'm sure it's the same as havasu. street legal kit and you are good.

I want the new kawi sxs but its only a 2 door and i need to wait until the house is built/pool so i can see where i stand $$$ wise...lol

I think i want to find a cheap older seadoo sportster for the fam. Clean it up throw in a stereo and have something i don't care about for trips to sand hollow.