WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Talkin about big boats in the channel

checkrd past

Reaction score
How about the big wakes. Had to sit in the channel all day Saturday cause we had a seeping oil line , and we were rocked by big wakes all day ,seems like alot of people ignored the no wake speed. I just thought it was me but people all around were bitchin about it and to the passing boats creating them. Its all good I guess, couldn t beat the weather

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'm not sure some people even know what a wake is many times.......The local lake we boat on north of Houston has a lot of old folks moving in that I don't think ever had boats until they retired. I too often see an older couple showing their friends the shoreline within 50' of docks, the boat going just fast enough to rise the bow up, and they are too old to look back and see the damned wake battering everything in sight. Some one will yell out and they just wave like idiots thinking their yells are greetings. It's like watching an episode of Mr Magoo.:skull

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I just dont get it either....some seem to just plow on through and act no wiser.
I'm under the impression it mustn't apply to them...lol[emoji12]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
How about the big wakes. Had to sit in the channel all day Saturday cause we had a seeping oil line , and we were rocked by big wakes all day ,seems like alot of people ignored the no wake speed. I just thought it was me but people all around were bitchin about it and to the passing boats creating them. Its all good I guess, couldn t beat the weather

I was idling out of the channel on Saturday, look back and see a runabout barreling down on me, creating a big ole wake. He got up on my ass like I was driving 70mph in the fast lane.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I was going through the no wake zone by the shallows and at least 5 boats hauled ass right past me! I understand doing it midweek when no one is there but geez no respect

rrrr

Reaction score
I was going through the no wake zone by the shallows and at least 5 boats hauled ass right past me! I understand doing it midweek when no one is there but geez no respect

Mount one of these babies on your engine cover!

600px-U-571DeckGun.jpg

RodnJen

Reaction score
The only good time in the channel is Monday through Thursday.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I'm not sure some people even know what a wake is many times.......The local lake we boat on north of Houston has a lot of old folks moving in that I don't think ever had boats until they retired. I too often see an older couple showing their friends the shoreline within 50' of docks, the boat going just fast enough to rise the bow up, and they are too old to look back and see the damned wake battering everything in sight. Some one will yell out and they just wave like idiots thinking their yells are greetings. It's like watching an episode of Mr Magoo.:skull

Stupid Old Texans. :D

28Eliminator

Reaction score
It has gotten worse.. Boats see me to be going faster and faster in the channel. Most are oblivious to what they're doing.

Most of the channel racers can be easily identified by the fenders still hanging off the side of their boats [emoji12]

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
It has gotten worse.. Boats see me to be going faster and faster in the channel. Most are oblivious to what they're doing.

Most of the channel racers can be easily identified by the fenders still hanging off the side of their boats [emoji12]

Or the swim step ladder dragging.

racered

Reaction score
I just dont get it either....some seem to just plow on through and act no wiser.
I'm under the impression it mustn't apply to them...lol[emoji12]

Running with a V1 and waze, no rules apply.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I'm going to play devils advocate here...

Different boats have different drive ratios. A v drive or straight inboard will have a faster idle due to the 1:1 or 1:1.5 gear ratio then say a Bayliner with a V6 and an alpha running a 1:2.0 drive ratio.

In the end no wake is no wake if you have to burp it in and out of gear to keep the speed down then do it.

jscarab

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Just the time of year.....douchbaggery at peak levels...:thumbsdown you would not believe what we see being in the front row of the marina.....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
One time up here at Naci we were back in what we call the Oak Shores cove (not sure the official name for it) and we were hanging out on the beach and a bunch of kids were swimming all around and dogs in the water and just a good family time when this aluminum boat with the windshields on it and everything (no, it wasnt a ranger boat) comes hauling ass into the cove on plane. Everybody is screaming at him and hes not even caring or paying attention. He's about 150 yards away coming towards us when I pick up a rock and throw it in his direction as hard as I can. Ill be damned if it wasnt the furthest Ive ever thrown anything in my life. That rock had to have flown a good 60 yards easy and splashed down about 5 yards in front of the boat. That got his attention real quick as he immediately pulled off plane, turned around, and idled right back out.

I was a little afraid as the rock was flying though that it was gonna hit him. Lol!

Always Floored

Reaction score
My boat is broke at the moment so I was in the channel all day saturday and sunday by windsor. It pisses my wife off big time, she can't keep from yelling at them.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Fenders or buoys [emoji2]