WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tampa Hurricane

Orange Juice

Reaction score
We have 5 business locations in the Tampa area. So we’re sending a crew to move things to higher ground, but some of the equipment can’t easily be moved, so we are planning on stripping the components.

They are predicting some serious flooding, from tidal surge. Then it’s suppose to stall, and dump rain.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Will be interesting how it plays out..... My father is watching this as now they have a place in Cape Coral. House was closed up before they left a month back so all is good as its going to be. Will see.

And this is why flood insurance in Cape Coral cost 6-8k a year.

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Tampa hasn't had a direct hit from a Hurricane in over 100 years. We just got an email from Corporate asking if we could send our van, lead technician and a helper out there to assist. Currently trying to work on logistics.

timstoy

Reaction score
Tampa hasn't had a direct hit from a Hurricane in over 100 years. We just got an email from Corporate asking if we could send our van, lead technician and a helper out there to assist. Currently trying to work on logistics.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Have friends who live in Palm Harbor near Clearwater. Never been there. They seem to think they’re not in a problem area? Appears to me, they are actually very near the predicted track.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
i have a vendor there. They are predicting 10+ ft storm surge. Most of Tampa will be under water. Clearwater is going to get slammed

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
If you can't move it, lift it up as high as you can

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I just watched the latest news…….

Right now, it’s looking real bad for the Tampa area. Clearwater is the current predicted landfall.

Backlash

Reaction score
That storm will affect the entire Gulf Coast as it's all low lying areas. The tidal surge will be horrendous to say the least. My step Mom and sister and family live on the Gulf Coast, just north of Tampa. Other family is on the Central Florida East Coast. The entire state will be affected by immense rainfall too.

We'd ride them out when I lived there and made the best of it with family parties and get togethers. There is something eerie about sitting inside your CB home, wondering if and when the roof was going to fly away at the same time rising pool water was flowing under the doors.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Are you more inland now? In any danger?
He is inland from Fort Meyers and Cape Coral around the river. Can never remember those damn waterways out there. Lake something or other feeds the river.

What I would be afraid of for AJ is if a storm surge comes up that river and floods alligators towards his property

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Dang, kind of glad i got outbid on that Gulf View Two story in Anna Marie this summer.

sonicss31

Reaction score
Can You Say SHIT SHOW...Thats what were up Against
This is the last east map for storm surge near your place.
31DE4212-6648-413E-9418-4DE6353838B9.png

just_floatin

Reaction score
If Ian makes landfall the storm surge will unfortunately be Katrina catastrophic. I hope the storm surge forecast is incorrect.

Prayers for safety out to all you Floridians. I experienced Hurricane Edward. That was enough for one lifetime.
F2C3A626-0DD1-4C0F-A70D-5F339A0FD3C7.jpeg

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Tampa area will get the grunt of it, but all of Florida is about to get a huge amount of rainfall. Miami already has flooding issues and the storm hasn’t even started. We are expecting 2 to 3 days of heavy rain, where I live.

If the water rises above my dock, I have a problem, with no remedy. I risk my finger dock puncturing my boatlift, causing a domino effect of problems.

I never had these issues when I lived in Phoenix……. Just saying. Lol

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
My daughters in punta gorda. Her house is maybe a block away from water, 6ft above sea level. :oops: Says she’ll decide what to do early AM. Guess it’s like Californians w earthquakes just another year. 🤷‍♂️

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Been through a few hurricanes. But was always on an aircraft carrier. You know shit is real when you cave the bow in and the waves are crashing 100ft in front of the island.

I only went through 1. I kind of thought it was cool. Those that got sea sick did not. LOL

We are about 9 miles from the coast. We just got this new place last Feb. It is a park model/mobile home. Hope I don't have to buy a new one after this.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
He is inland from Fort Meyers and Cape Coral around the river. Can never remember those damn waterways out there. Lake something or other feeds the river.

What I would be afraid of for AJ is if a storm surge comes up that river and floods alligators towards his property
I know Ray the Trapper real well with his Cell# He has trapped for me when I was in the Cape and was just out here last month for a 10 ' Gator sitting in front of my nextdoor neighbor Dr John's Gate to his house

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
The breach of the insufficient levees in the New Orleans area caused the worse of Katrina. Days after the hurricane passed.
Agreed. And Harvey was caused by an insane amount of rainfall over 3+ days. Neither from storm surge. After 10 years in Florida, I’ve never seen the “devastating” effects of storm surge. Not to say it doesn’t happen, just not Katrina/Harvey level.

Backlash

Reaction score
One of the many issues is, there is nowhere for all of that water to go. Whether it's rain water or flood water. Florida is so humid that it takes forever for anything to dry out. When that water gets inside a home via flooding or wind/rain through windows, the mold is immediate. This starts off the entire supply and demand issue. When a ton of people start repairing damaged homes, there is a run on construction supplies (Drywall for example). The people who have any, KNOW that you're going to need it. Guess what? Pricing goes up and the average guy who is already down on their luck, trying to repair their damaged home after a natural disaster, gets completely screwed. Just something to think about.

Once this storm heads north past Cuba, it will likely pick up energy due to the warm Gulf water. By the time it makes landfall, it will be a monster.

Nordie

Reaction score
Once this storm heads north past Cuba, it will likely pick up energy due to the warm Gulf water. By the time it makes landfall, it will be a monster.
This is exactly what I was telling my wife the other day. I said once it hits that straight near the keys and enters the gulf it's gonna pick up a head of steam.

I'll call my Grandma a little later today, but she's in South Naples, kind of close to Marco Island, I'm not too worried about her situation. The news showed the Naples Pier and it was raining, but still very very calm. They're like at elevation 1 or whatever you call it, but there are possibilities of tornadoes. Gusts up to 60 from the hurricane.

I have some friends near Orlando that live on the chain of lakes near there, I think they're going to get it a lot worse. They said they'll decide tomorrow what they're going to do. They have friends in Sarasota, and in fact they are going to head south which makes sense to me.

LHCBOY

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was telling my wife the other day. I said once it hits that straight near the keys and enters the gulf it's gonna pick up a head of steam.

I'll call my Grandma a little later today, but she's in South Naples, kind of close to Marco Island, I'm not too worried about her situation. The news showed the Naples Pier and it was raining, but still very very calm. They're like at elevation 1 or whatever you call it, but there are possibilities of tornadoes. Gusts up to 60 from the hurricane.

I have some friends near Orlando that live on the chain of lakes near there, I think they're going to get it a lot worse. They said they'll decide tomorrow what they're going to do. They have friends in Sarasota, and in fact they are going to head south which makes sense to me.
Don’t know how much better Sarasota is going to be. It is projected now to make landfall between Port Charlotte and Tampa. So I would think that makes Venice, Englewood and Sarasota the direct landfall. Just my .02

Attachments

• 9050CE75-9976-4975-9405-44A46AAB7BF8.png
    9050CE75-9976-4975-9405-44A46AAB7BF8.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 36

Backlash

Reaction score
Definitely check in on Grandma, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. I just did the same with our family down there, so......

If that storm stays west and ends up making landfall near Tampa/St. Pete, heading south may not be a bad idea as long as there isn't a lot of destruction from flooding. Being in Orlando, you can make a bee line up towards Georgia pretty easily and hunker down for a few days and let it blow over. I'll definitely be watching this sucker as it affects several of our immediate family.

Nordie

Reaction score
Don’t know how much better Sarasota is going to be. It is projected now to make landfall between Port Charlotte and Tampa. So I would think that makes Venice, Englewood and Sarasota the direct landfall. Just my .02
They're leaving Sarasota and heading south, Fort Myers area.

Singleton

Reaction score
Have coworkers in Tampa.
Company offered to relocate all potential employees and family members (zero out of pocket) during the storm for up to 2 weeks. Have 1 team member that declined and is staying (I thought he was crazy). The rain and storm surge forecast in Tampa is going to cause some major issues!

Jim

Reaction score
I have bout 10 family members just south of Tampa.........
They wont leave.

Singleton

Reaction score
My brother is in Ft. Meyers. Says he has done what he can do to prepare and is staying put. Hope he has made the right choice🤞

My dad and step-mom have a place in Ft. Meyers and were scheduled to fly back on Monday after a weekend visit in CA. Instead they called and the guys came out and installed or lowered the hurricane shutters and setup the water diverters and they are heading to Boston for 2 weeks to see my youngest sister.

MSum661

Reaction score
Looks like its just sitting there parked on the west side of Cuba.