WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tampa Hurricane

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I’d agree. Feel that way with my brother saying saying this shit real. Hes always it’s some wind and rain. Blah blah. He’s never really said stuff like that. He has also said he knows for sure he will need a new roof and stuff. Pretty sure AJ will as well. But he I think he just built within the year or so. If memory serves and I’m not confused with another person. So maybe not.
He didn't build and bought it as a resale. He has done a lot to improve the property though.

He will post pics up when he can

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Been in both. No real difference.
Hurricanes, cyclones and typhoons are all essentially the same thing. All three are storm systems with winds exceeding 119km/h (74 mph).

The name differs based on where in the world the storm happens. Typhoons: Occur in the northwestern Pacific Ocean, frequently hitting the Philippines and Japan. Hurricanes: Occur in the North Atlantic Ocean and Northeast Pacific, often affecting the US east coast and Caribbean.
Not entirely correct. The Typhoon season is much longer than hurricanes, their maximum wind speeds tend to be higher, the size of the typhoon systems are larger and their speed of advance tend to be higher.

I’ve been in command, at sea, in both. There’s a difference. But, they do both SUCK!

Nordie

Reaction score
Just wanted to clarify this a bit as I was in a rush when I posted the post above.

The pretty much part was that is was a lot more intense than expected for sure. Lunatic Fringe is correct. AJ has 4 dogs, 2 donkeys, a rooster and I don't know how many horses right now. The rooster is a squatter and was there when AJ bought the place....he is a survivor and would be fine staying behind. It just isn't a husband and wife in a condo type situation. The eye was also supposed to hit Tampa as a CAT 3. This morning it stalled and took a right straight into his path. It also went from a 3 to almost a 5 (missed by 2 MPH) in a little more than 2 hours I think.

Many people are going to be devastated by this and it is far from over.

I can't help but think about them. I was just watching the news and Naples, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral are absolutely devastated. The surge coming up the river is going to be devastating.

Florida has had so much rain this summer the ground is saturated.

Cleetus McFarland had a video from like a week ago where the river he boats was like 6 feet above normal levels in Bradenton. This is before the hurricane, what's going to happen up there for them now?

No matter where we live we all have to deal with something, whether it's quakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, or liberals. This really sucks

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I can't help but think about them. I was just watching the news and Naples, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral are absolutely devastated. The surge coming up the river is going to be devastating.

Florida has had so much rain this summer the ground is saturated.

Cleetus McFarland had a video from like a week ago where the river he boats was like 6 feet above normal levels in Bradenton. This is before the hurricane, what's going to happen up there for them now?

No matter where we live we all have to deal with something, whether it's quakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, or liberals. This really sucks
AJ was trying to cut the grass at the property before the storm. His ride mower took a dive about one foot down in the soil. Water was seeping up

I only know him and Patty are fine as well as the neighbor but do not know about any damage as they were hunkered down. In the AM I am sure we will know more.

The Doc next door is on the river and earlier told me it had not breeched by them.

Property can be replaced.

Nordie

Reaction score
AJ was trying to cut the grass at the property before the storm. His ride mower took a dive about one foot down in the soil. Water was seeping up

I only know him and Patty are fine as well as the neighbor but do not know about any damage as they were hunkered down. In the AM I am sure we will know more.

The Doc next door is on the river and earlier told me it had not breeched by them.

Property can be replaced.

I have to go in at 2am, I'll be calling grandma on my way to work, obviously it'll be 5am there. I'm sure AJ is okay seems like they're pretty set up and prepared.

I would be lying if I didn't say I'm pretty worried about G-ma...I'll see how this plays out and see if I might have to go down there

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I have to go in at 2am, I'll be calling grandma on my way to work, obviously it'll be 5am there. I'm sure AJ is okay seems like they're pretty set up and prepared.

I would be lying if I didn't say I'm pretty worried about G-ma...I'll see how this plays out and see if I might have to go down there
Understand. Hope all’s well with G-ma.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Best of luck to you when reaching to g-ma in the morning. 👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

As prepared as they could be for sure.

Hope your GMA is safe and its just property stuff to deal with.

Good thoughts coming your GMA and your way.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Only 127 (well now 126) McLaren P1s are in America with pricetags of ~$1.7M each. Owner stated on IG the car went through the garage.
01E97056-F941-47A6-B8EE-71E4C6068D09.jpeg

241D6E6B-753D-4B1E-B864-643632662110.jpeg
8F08E7AA-D836-4768-A356-CA0FA5A4239B.jpeg

Roosky01

Reaction score

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Just wanted to clarify this a bit as I was in a rush when I posted the post above.

The pretty much part was that is was a lot more intense than expected for sure. Lunatic Fringe is correct. AJ has 4 dogs, 2 donkeys, a rooster and I don't know how many horses right now. The rooster is a squatter and was there when AJ bought the place....he is a survivor and would be fine staying behind. It just isn't a husband and wife in a condo type situation. The eye was also supposed to hit Tampa as a CAT 3. This morning it stalled and took a right straight into his path. It also went from a 3 to almost a 5 (missed by 2 MPH) in a little more than 2 hours I think.

Many people are going to be devastated by this and it is far from over.
If you can differentiate the 2 mph between a cat 4 and a cat 5 ..... well giddy up.
Thoughts and prayers for my Florida peeps. R

Hoodoo

Reaction score
Surprising how many people on rdp have FL connections. I’ve heard Lithia and sun city center mentioned. Small areas off the beaten path. I grew up in these places.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
This storm will be a true indicator of what kind of storm surge you can expect in future hurricanes. Every time we get a storm you hear endless predictions of huge surges than never materialize. Ian was the real deal and the way it rolled into charlotte harbor and the caloosahatee river should’ve produced a serious surge, which it appears to have done. But you expect a big surge right on the barrier islands. But it’s hard to get accurate info as to how far into the inlets, bayou’s and rivers the surge penetrates. Ian should answer that, at least for charlotte harbor area.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Surprising how many people on rdp have FL connections. I’ve heard Lithia and sun city center mentioned. Small areas off the beaten path. I grew up in these places.

Talked to Jay earlier today. He WAS in Clearwater, but he's in Cape Fear now.

He's still a bit concerned. Prayers to everyone dealing with this mess. 😔

HST4ME

Reaction score
I moved down there just after Andrew, very very humbling for a Michigan kid going through the destruction zone. We've heard from some of our friends, and nothing from the ones around Fort Meyers. :(

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all the carnage I thought I would share a good story. The kid who grew up down the street (Tristan) moved to Orlando 8 years ago. Totally lost (like all of us) he found a good one and put a ring on it. The wedding was scheduled for today! (Wednesday). I live in a hood that is really close and there were two destination weddings this year. I went to the one in Nashville in May. Many members of the hood went to Orlando including our daughter. Tuesday morning the wedding venue cancelled the wedding. Tristan's Mom ( a career worrier) lost her $hit! My daughter and her BFF since they were 3 years old, kicked it into high gear and by noon on Tuesday had a new venue, caterer and flowers for a 1:00pm wedding Wednesday. I was watching the landfall and knew that in Davenport, they would be fine. The wedding was storybook and the venue matched their personalities perfectly. They even had their first dance in the courtyard in the rain! Right now they are in the worst of it, 55mph wind and some rain. They are in a very exclusive community of brick homes built in 2015 with underground utilities. Their flights on Thursday have all been rebooked to Friday. The Mother of the bride credits my daughter and her BFF for saving not only the day but everyone's trip. The bride and groom were told that if their first born is a boy, his name should be Ian! My daughter is the blonde goofball below with her BFF. (bride designed and made her own dress!)

309548355_10227475245882450_337027413581795949_n.jpg

Snapchat-1346309130.jpg

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Let’s hope most of the roofs stayed on the homes.
The iPhone 14 pro has a satellite function. It’s on my buy list for 2023.

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear from family in Florida, and a good friend that's a little north east of Orlando, I think her and her family are probably just fine.

Now I'll be wondering about my FIL, his place is in Charleston. I do think he's still in Illinois from the wedding, but hisnwife flew home on Sunday.

Screenshot_20220929-025831_Maps.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score
Might be a while until I can get in touch with everyone

Screenshot_20220929-030511_Chrome.jpg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Just talked with AJ. Said they lost some trees and a little section of fencing. No roof or structural damage on the house. All animals are good as well. He and Patty are fine and slept in the house last night.

All in all seems they held up very well and now just needs to start some cleanup.

4Waters

Reaction score
Just talked with AJ. Said they lost some trees and a little section of fencing. No roof or structural damage on the house. All animals are good as well. He and Patty are fine and slept in the house last night.

All in all seems they held up very well and now just needs to start some cleanup.
That's great, now just waiting to here about a few other inmates family, hoping their updates are the same

Nordie

Reaction score
Good to hear some good news from one inmate, the news this morning did not make me very happy.

Grandma her phone is going straight to voicemail. My uncles is ringing, but he has not answered or texted me back. So i'm in a holding pattern right now. I hope to hear some good news a little later today.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
My husband’s youngest daughter & family live in Ladsen SC, looks like they’re going to get some rain😳. They have their ‘Cain bag packed just in case.

endobear

Reaction score
BiL on Venice Island is all good. Says winds were well over 100mph yesterday. No flooding at his apartment 1 block from the beach but lots of wind damage. Said last night was crazy. Pitch black and howling.
Wife's 90 year old grandmother has a trailer in a retirement park deal about 1 mile from the beach near Clearwater. She evacuated but got word this morning that her place is all good.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Good to hear some good news from one inmate, the news this morning did not make me very happy.

Grandma her phone is going straight to voicemail. My uncles is ringing, but he has not answered or texted me back. So i'm in a holding pattern right now. I hope to hear some good news a little later today.
Hang in there....comm svcs have been majorly interrupted.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Wife has a 92 yo aunt that lives in Englewood. She's in a condo with storm shutters but we haven't heard from her since yesterday. She couldn't leave because of health reasons so her and the son in law rode it out.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Just so you guys know……. My news is reporting that many cell phone towers and overall cell phone service has been effected in certain areas. Just a heads up for those of you having trouble connecting with friends and family.