WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tapatalk is not coming back

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know some people like it, but the reality is with the new software there is no benefit to it over using a web browser on your phone. The browsers are faster upload multiple pics bow etc..

Some people like TT, but overall there’s no reason for it anymore.

JM21

Reaction score
Dang it, I just paid $10 to get rid of all the stupid pop ups and ads.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
None of the captcha BS needed. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I miss tapatalk.
I liked Tapatalk. Seemed easy for me. I’m getting used to the web browser now so not all bad. But that captcha shit is a PITA. But Dave’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Dang it, I just paid $10 to get rid of all the stupid pop ups and ads.

And THIS is why Tapatalk sucks. They bombard you with ads, and then force you to pay to make them go away.

Back in the day when phone browsers we're kinna lame (like ten years ago) it really WAS a good option.

But since all you guys all have super bad azz iphones, how could you possibly improve on that???

😂🙄😝

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I don't get it when I use tapatalk no pictures or videos come in, have to go to web view to see anything.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't get it when I use tapatalk no pictures or videos come in, have to go to web view to see anything.

tapatalk sucks in general.. the fact that it constantly asks you to download it and normal members have to constantly close the window is why I’m getting rid of it.

well that and they are constantly doing things to the website owners as if they were the ones that built the communities..

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
And THIS is why Tapatalk sucks. They bombard you with ads, and then force you to pay to make them go away.

Back in the day when phone browsers we're kinna lame (like ten years ago) it really WAS a good option.

But since all you guys all have super bad azz iphones, how could you possibly improve on that???

😂🙄😝

What's an iphone?

satellitemike

Reaction score
What browser is everyone using? Ive used Chrome a few times and it sux!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have an old Android phone...no F'ing clue about what browser or anything...every once in a while it would have a pop-up, "continue in TT? Or continue in browser?"
Always continued in browser, have no clue what TT was or is.

I need to go light a candle now, getting pretty dark here under my rock 😂

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Firefox. Had to do the crapta maybe 3x's
Different wifi's and 4g. Save new post as a bookmark and you get 90% of RDP.
FUCK TAPAHACK

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
For the life of me I’ve never understood why anyone would use yet another 3rd party app like TT when todays browser choices and hardware render things like TT to be as insignificant as Netscape or AOL.
I tried it once, saw right away that there was zero reason to have it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
For the life of me I’ve never understood why anyone would use yet another 3rd party app like TT when todays browser choices and hardware render things like TT to be as insignificant as Netscape or AOL.

Back in the day, you couldn't upload photos from your phone unless you used Tapatalk. That is why I originally got it. I still have an old phone. LOL.

This new browser set up is nice, but I still liked TT.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Well for one it listed ALL new posts. The one here in the browser does not list the ones from the dungeon and I liked how it would show the last picture from each thread in the area where the area with the title of the thread. It also showed who the last post was from. And easier to read. When I scroll towards the bottom of a thread I keep hitting the color pallet for replies and it forces the page to jump to that area. It's little things but to me the little things are what made it better

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Well for one it listed ALL new posts. The one here in the browser does not list the ones from the dungeon and I liked how it would show the last picture from each thread in the area where the area with the title of the thread. It also showed who the last post was from. And easier to read. When I scroll towards the bottom of a thread I keep hitting the color pallet for replies and it forces the page to jump to that area. It's little things but to me the little things are what made it better

100 percent. There are features on Tapatalk that browser doesn’t have. It makes it a lot easier to use and navigate.

Not sure why anyone would cheerlead against it. If you don’t like it, use the mobile browser. Those of us that prefer it, why would affect anyone else on how we post? Typical of today’s division on just about every topic here.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Not a happy camper but is what it is. Tapatalk has multiple streams of sites That I can browse very quickly. Notifications all come to one place. I can see the newest posts from all the forums. There’s a bunch of reasons why it’s great. I don’t need to open a browser on my phone, go to favorites, find rdp, find the lounge, or try to remember where a thread was.

Tapatalk sends me a notification it logs me in. One button and I’m there. It’s simple, efficient, quick.

Blubyu

Reaction score
I’m pretty tech savvy, but I hate the mobile layout, I’ll give it another day, but so far it sucks more then a Scottsdale slut with a fresh lip pump.

Make RDP great again, bring Tapatalk back. Seems pretty reasonable, not like we’re asking to make Grads a moderator. 😂

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
There are a lot of programs and apps that are easier to use with a 3rd party front-end. That's how Tapatalk is. It's just a 3rd party front-end that provides useful features.

Hammer

Reaction score
RD… I’d hate to say it. But you’re wrong. Tapatalk was/is sweet. It’s a one stop app for all your favorite forums. Let’s not pretend RDP is the only forum. A lot of navigation to get to where you want to be on the web browser on your phone. It’s a pain in the ass to refresh or type in RDP and log in all the time then hit “new posts” within the forum. TT did that automatically, all I had to do is open it and hit refresh and it would also send notifications if you set it up.

I understand as a forum owner why you weren’t a fan. TT doesn’t do your advertisers any favors either. Nor the front page of your web page…

as others have mentioned, it had a lot of great features they made it much more user friendly then the web browser. There is no way you are convincing me the browser is better for ease of use.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
100 percent. There are features on Tapatalk that browser doesn’t have. It makes it a lot easier to use and navigate.

Not sure why anyone would cheerlead against it. If you don’t like it, use the mobile browser. Those of us that prefer it, why would affect anyone else on how we post? Typical of today’s division on just about every topic here.

The problem for those of us using a browser is, you CONSTANTLY get pop ups that ask if you want to use Tapashit!!! It's totally annoying, just like any other pop up add you don't want on your phone.

It's advertising to get you to spend money you shouldn't have to.

If it wasn't for that, no one would care if anyone else used it or not. If Tapashit had any brains, they would drop the annoying pop ups. So since they won't, fuck em. 👎

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The problem for those of us using a browser is, you CONSTANTLY get pop ups that ask if you want to use Tapashit!!! It's totally annoying, just like any other pop up add you don't want on your phone.

If it wasn't for that, no one would care if anyone else used it or not. If Tapashit had any brains, they would drop the annoying pop ups. So since they won't, fuck em. 👎

I’ve yet to have any pop up ads on my browser from any advertiser.

if you are referring to clicking on a link, from somewhere else, like text, and it asks you if you like to continue on Safari or open in Tapatalk, that’s pretty non intrusive. Happens 3/4 times a year for me. That’s not really advertising, that’s giving you a choice on how to view the link. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hammer

Reaction score

Tapatalk is free? I’ve never paid for it or seen pop up ads within TT…

if you are referring to clicking on a link, from somewhere else, like text, and it asks you if you like to continue on Safari or open in Tapatalk, that’s pretty non intrusive. Happens 3/4 times a year for me. That’s not really advertising, that’s giving you a choice on how to view the link. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I agree with OD1.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Yeah, the last thing you mentioned. Happens every day, and multiple times a day for me. Maybe cause I'm NOT a Tapatalk user? Don't know, but I'm happy I won't see that pop up on my phone anymore.

I had to block them from my email as well (since i used to use it way back in the day). Unsubscribe didn't work. 👎

gqchris

Reaction score
I agree with Hammer and everyone else. I am going to miss it. I guess I paid for pro at some point and I nrver see an ad, ever. Its just easier to see all the forums I browse.
F0E965A0-4553-4FDE-9E44-E3E569520711.jpeg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

😂🙄😝

Kinda like the captcha thing that pops up every tile you try and login with the browser???🤦

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Welll I will be happy to explain.. When you are running a normal browser it keeps popping a window that says “continue in tapatalk or browser” / then it tries to get you to download TT if you don’t use it.

Your biggest complaint about rdp was that it was all politics all the time. Because that’s what shows up under new posts.. The P&G doesn’t show up under new posts in a browser so you won’t see all that anymore.

Tapatalk puts giant ads from anyone they feel like in the middle of threads (I wasn’t aware of that until recently).

From an owners perspective awhile back they decided to host chat rooms, didn’t notify us.. They decided to start suggesting competing forums (didn’t notify us).. They don’t display ads that our advertisers pay for, but yet inserted their own (didn’t notify us).

God forI’d you post a link to anything TT jist sends it to some random old thread that isn’t relevant to anything.

The only real benefit to tapatalk was when we were on avbulletin platform you could upload multiple photos at a time from a phone where you couldn’t on a cell phone. The new softwares that we are on allow that, and are a lot more capable than TT and once you get used to it are actually faster than TT to use.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah, Im with OD1 and Hammer here. Tapatalk had its downsides sure, and likely more so for you RD, but the fact is that it was FAR easier to navigate the site with 1 hand than on a browser and the push notifications when set-up were nice. Made it easy to keep on top of replies and messages sent to you etc.