WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tasty Mexican food in Havasu?

floatn turd

Reaction score
After a good, relaxing day @ Pirates. Momma wants da Mexicans tonight!

Any advise for a tasty joint that's better than average?

Thank you
20210622_123246.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
We always liked the one above the heat hotel. Pretty good margies

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Having been listening to the radio all day, the commercials for El Paraiso are going to turn people away from it...sounds like the Lucky Charms guy trying to do a Spanish accent!
Haven't been there yet...we hit up places in Bullhead mostly as they seem to be less cowded than Havasu...and the same distance for us in the "trailerhood" 😂

Rbcconst

Reaction score
After a good, relaxing day @ Pirates. Momma wants da Mexicans tonight!

Any advise for a tasty joint that's better than average?

Thank you
View attachment 1017258

Azul agave is the best ive had. Good luck, Mexican food out there is hard to find or hard to find a good place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

petie6464

Reaction score
Thats Javalinas. I like it. But some on here say its not real mexican food. lol 🤷‍♂️ :p

Take a look in the kitchen, you'll never eat there again, even the roaches don't eat there!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Having been listening to the radio all day, the commercials for El Paraiso are going to turn people away from it...sounds like the Lucky Charms guy trying to do a Spanish accent!
Haven't been there yet...we hit up places in Bullhead mostly as they seem to be less cowded than Havasu...and the same distance for us in the "trailerhood" 😂

Order the Fun Cheese appetizer.

petie6464

Reaction score
Paraiso or El mariachi...

Ah good old El Mariachi. .I have a friend that would deliver tortillas to them, the owner would always ask to buy the out of date ones if he would sell them to him " For very jeep"

That also would ask the butcher @ Food city for any cheap Meats that where a "leettle old."
It's a great place.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Ah good old El Mariachi. .I have a friend that would deliver tortillas to them, the owner would always ask to buy the out of date ones if he would sell them to him " For very jeep"

That also would ask the butcher @ Food city for any cheap Meats that where a "leettle old."
It's a great place.
I dunno they got the best Pastor In town also lol I seen the owner from El Paraiso buying the meat from food city by the box. 😂 Who knows but both are good.

petie6464

Reaction score
I tried Pasario a few weeks ago, just had a lunch special burrito. It was good, nothing special, can sauce Cisco products food however probably the best service I've had in this town in years, two guys on the ball, on the drinks really great.

The been dip they give you is tasty, made with lard but geze I farted non stop for two days!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Take a look in the kitchen, you'll never eat there again, even the roaches don't eat there!
Hard to believe the Shugrues would let the kitchen be so dirty. That is if they still are the owners.

I usually sit in the bar area and didn’t see any issues behind the bar.

petie6464

Reaction score
I dunno they got the best Pastor In town also lol I seen the owner from El Paraiso buying the meat from food city by the box. 😂 Who knows but both are good.

Of course the El pastor is good it well aged!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
El Paraiso, or Casa Serrano for us.. we like them both.

Laguna

Reaction score
Just went to Havasu last weekend no offense Mexican food is no where as good as socal.

DLC

Reaction score
Looks like a 2 item combo!

chimichanga and a enchilada….

lol

have fun!
Grab a drink after dinner at the heat bar ! if they are open

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Hey Speaking of food in Havasu, is The Frigate still open? That place is old school...

floatn turd

Reaction score
Kinda of a long wait.
But the food was not to shabby and seemed to be a lot of it.
We both ordered Fajitas and took a ton home.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

We'll try the other places next time.
👍👍

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We used to flip a coin, Rod's or the Frigate, I actually preferred Rods, but the Frigate sure had some good carrots.😆 Miss both those places.:(

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
We used to flip a coin, Rod's or the Frigate, I actually preferred Rods, but the Frigate sure had some good carrots.😆 Miss both those places.:(
Rod's was never the same after he was gone. Tried it a couple of times and had to take it off of the list. It was so good before.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

What about "Reflections" bar in the Hotel down the street (now the Hampton Inn)? We called it "Infections" lol ... Man, I wished I could remember more, the Coors Lights and Zima's were flowing back then. haha My buddy had a 27' Conquest, we thought we were the shit. 😅

oldschool

Reaction score
Whichever place has the most Mexicans eating there is likely yore best bet.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What about "Reflections" bar in the Hotel down the street (now the Hampton Inn)? We called it "Infections" lol ... Man, I wished I could remember more, the Coors Lights and Zima's were flowing back then. haha My buddy had a 27' Conquest, we thought we were the shit. 😅
I think Reflections was in the Holiday Inn. Hussongs was the place to be back then. 🍻

LowRiver2

Reaction score
El Paraiso is a family owned joint that came from Co., with restaurants still running there. They have family members on staff. Places like that usually try harder and I think it shows well for them.

I found out about Marios streaks from RDP five years ago and they are still good.
I’m hearing the steaks at the restaurant in the Refuge are good as well.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
El Paraiso is a family owned joint that came from Co., with restaurants still running there. They have family members on staff. Places like that usually try harder and I think it shows well for them.

I found out about Marios streaks from RDP five years ago and they are still good.
I’m hearing the steaks at the restaurant in the Refuge are good as well.

Have not been to Marios yet either, I need to try it. Been on a Montana's kick for the last couple years.. Their rib eye or loaded steak bites.