WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

TDS may have just hit home

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
With all that said, I can think of very few things which would make me happier and more excited than some confirmation that there is other life in the Universe. Hopefully vegetarian life.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
With all that said, I can think of very few things which would make me happier and more excited than some confirmation that there is other life in the Universe. Hopefully vegetarian life.

So the evidence would have to be supplied by human endeavor rather than human understanding of...well...humans?

“Life” is right there to see. The universe itself is “life”. Just Ike every other limited concept of human misunderstanding, we think of “life” as an animated biological existence. Seems awful restrictive to me.

(pssttt...we ARE the green men...)

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
So the evidence would have to be supplied by human endeavor rather than human understanding of...well...humans?

“Life” is right there to see. The universe itself is “life”. Just Ike every other limited concept of human misunderstanding, we think of “life” as an animated biological existence. Seems awful restrictive to me.

(pssttt...we ARE the green men...)
Well now you’ve lost me- unless we’re talking about panspermia.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Lol
Not at all.
Panspermia still limits life to being “within” the universe rather the universe itself.
B1148ED8-9C85-4438-831C-E19CAD7CA4F4.jpeg

Wedgy

Reaction score
Couple things Gramps. You misspelled Pluribus. And what do you have against PETA? People Eating Tasty Animals?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Where’d you get the idea we were a Judeo-Christian country? Check out the Jefferson Bible sometime. Thomas Jefferson wrote his own New Testament retaining the “love thy neighbor” stuff and getting rid of all the magic sky daddy stuff he didn’t believe in.

You can personally deny God that is your choice, but there is no need to purposely strive and labor to drive "others" away from the historical facts and the truth, as our Founding Fathers were undeniably believers in, and placed their faith in our Lord, and regardless as to how much as you labor and strive, you will never erase the truth. As you twist Thomas Jefferson's words out of context to fit your evil narrative and objectives......below are just a "handful" of glaring examples that verifies your intentional misdirect and evil intent. Evil definitely resides within you.....which IMO, explains your demeanor.....

For those of you who seek the truth regarding our Founding Fathers positions on Goad The Father Almighty....here are a few actual quotes......this list goes on......

Congress, 1854
The great, vital, and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and the divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.24

Thomas Jefferson

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; DIPLOMAT; GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA; SECRETARY OF STATE; THIRD PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend all to the happiness of man.63
The practice of morality being necessary for the well being of society, He [God] has taken care to impress its precepts so indelibly on our hearts that they shall not be effaced by the subtleties of our brain. We all agree in the obligation of the moral principles of Jesus and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in His discourses.64

George Washington

JUDGE; MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS;
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE CONTINENTAL ARMY;
PRESIDENT OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION;
FIRST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES; “FATHER OF HIS COUNTRY
”You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.121
While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian.122

John Hancock

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; PRESIDENT OF CONGRESS;
REVOLUTIONARY GENERAL; GOVERNOR OF MASSACHUSETTS
Sensible of the importance of Christian piety and virtue to the order and happiness of a state, I cannot but earnestly commend to you every measure for their support and encouragement.37
He called on the entire state to pray “that universal happiness may be established in the world [and] that all may bow to the scepter of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the whole earth be filled with His glory.”38

Sam Adams
I . . . [rely] upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.9
The name of the Lord (says the Scripture) is a strong tower; thither the righteous flee and are safe [Proverbs 18:10]. Let us secure His favor and He will lead us through the journey of this life and at length receive us to a better.10

Benjamin Franklin
SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION; DIPLOMAT; PRINTER; SCIENTIST;
SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF PENNSYLVANIA
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see.29

James Madison
SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; AUTHOR OF THE FEDERALIST PAPERS; FRAMER OF THE
BILL OF RIGHTS; SECRETARY OF STATE; FOURTH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest, while we are building ideal monuments of renown and bliss here, we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven.71
I have sometimes thought there could not be a stronger testimony in favor of religion or against temporal enjoyments, even the most rational and manly, than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and [who] are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent advocates in the cause of Christ; and I wish you may give in your evidence in this way.72

Patrick Henry

REVOLUTIONARY GENERAL; LEGISLATOR; “THE VOICE OF LIBERTY”;
RATIFIER OF THE U. S. CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA
Being a Christian… is a character which I prize far above all this world has or can boast.48

Gunning Bedford

MILITARY OFFICER; MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS;
SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; FEDERAL JUDGE
To the triune God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost – be ascribed all honor and dominion, forevermore – Amen.16

Charles Carroll

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; SELECTED AS DELEGATE TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION; FRAMER OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS; U. S. SENATOR
On the mercy of my Redeemer I rely for salvation and on His merits, not on the works I have done in obedience to His precepts.21

John Quincy Adams
My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ and I cannot cavil or quibble away [evade or object to]. . . . the whole tenor of His conduct by which He sometimes positively asserted and at others countenances [permits] His disciples in asserting that He was God.6

John Dickinson

SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF PENNSYLVANIA; GOVERNOR OF DELAWARE; GENERAL IN THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
Rendering thanks to my Creator for my existence and station among His works, for my birth in a country enlightened by the Gospel and enjoying freedom, and for all His other kindnesses, to Him I resign myself, humbly confiding in His goodness and in His mercy through Jesus Christ for the events of eternity.26

John Hart

JUDGE; LEGISLATOR; SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION
Thanks be given unto Almighty God therefore, and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die and after that the judgment [Hebrews 9:27] . . . principally, I give and recommend my soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth to be buried in a decent and Christian like manner . . . to receive the same again at the general resurrection by the mighty power of God.47

Alexander Hamilton

REVOLUTIONARY GENERAL; SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION;
AUTHOR OF THE FEDERALIST PAPERS; SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY
Following his duel with Aaron Burr, in those final twenty four hours while life still remained in him, Hamilton called for two ministers, the Rev. J. M. Mason and the Rev. Benjamin Moore, to pray with him and administer Communion to him. Each of those two ministers reported what transpired. The Rev.
One other consequence of Hamilton’s untimely death was that it permanently halted the formation of a religious society Hamilton had proposed. Hamilton suggested that it be named the Christian Constitutional Society, and listed two goals for its formation: first, the support of the Christian religion; and second, the support of the Constitution of the United States.

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
You can personally deny God that is your choice, but there is no need to purposely strive and labor to drive "others" away from the historical facts and the truth, as our Founding Fathers were undeniably believers in, and placed their faith in our Lord. As you twist Thomas Jefferson's words out of context to fit your evil narrative and objectives......below are just a "handful" of glaring examples that verifies your intentional misdirect and evil intent. Evil definitely resides within you.....which IMO, explains your demeanor.....

For those of you who seek the truth regarding our Founding Fathers positions on Goad The Father Almighty....here are a few actual quotes......this list goes on......

Congress, 1854
The great, vital, and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and the divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.24

Thomas Jefferson

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; DIPLOMAT; GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA; SECRETARY OF STATE; THIRD PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend all to the happiness of man.63
The practice of morality being necessary for the well being of society, He [God] has taken care to impress its precepts so indelibly on our hearts that they shall not be effaced by the subtleties of our brain. We all agree in the obligation of the moral principles of Jesus and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in His discourses.64

John Hancock

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; PRESIDENT OF CONGRESS;
REVOLUTIONARY GENERAL; GOVERNOR OF MASSACHUSETTS
Sensible of the importance of Christian piety and virtue to the order and happiness of a state, I cannot but earnestly commend to you every measure for their support and encouragement.37
He called on the entire state to pray “that universal happiness may be established in the world [and] that all may bow to the scepter of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the whole earth be filled with His glory.”38

Sam Adams
I . . . [rely] upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.9
The name of the Lord (says the Scripture) is a strong tower; thither the righteous flee and are safe [Proverbs 18:10]. Let us secure His favor and He will lead us through the journey of this life and at length receive us to a better.10

Benjamin Franklin
S
SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION; DIPLOMAT; PRINTER; SCIENTIST;
SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF PENNSYLVANIA
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see.29

Patrick Henry

REVOLUTIONARY GENERAL; LEGISLATOR; “THE VOICE OF LIBERTY”;
RATIFIER OF THE U. S. CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA
Being a Christian… is a character which I prize far above all this world has or can boast.48

Gunning Bedford

MILITARY OFFICER; MEMBER OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS;
SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; FEDERAL JUDGE
To the triune God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost – be ascribed all honor and dominion, forevermore – Amen.16

Charles Carroll

SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE; SELECTED AS DELEGATE TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION; FRAMER OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS; U. S. SENATOR
On the mercy of my Redeemer I rely for salvation and on His merits, not on the works I have done in obedience to His precepts.21

John Quincy Adams
My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ and I cannot cavil or quibble away [evade or object to]. . . . the whole tenor of His conduct by which He sometimes positively asserted and at others countenances [permits] His disciples in asserting that He was God.6

John Dickinson

SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION; GOVERNOR OF PENNSYLVANIA; GOVERNOR OF DELAWARE; GENERAL IN THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
Rendering thanks to my Creator for my existence and station among His works, for my birth in a country enlightened by the Gospel and enjoying freedom, and for all His other kindnesses, to Him I resign myself, humbly confiding in His goodness and in His mercy through Jesus Christ for the events of eternity.26

John Hart

JUDGE; LEGISLATOR; SIGNER OF THE DECLARATION
Thanks be given unto Almighty God therefore, and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die and after that the judgment [Hebrews 9:27] . . . principally, I give and recommend my soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth to be buried in a decent and Christian like manner . . . to receive the same again at the general resurrection by the mighty power of God.47

Alexander Hamilton

REVOLUTIONARY GENERAL; SIGNER OF THE CONSTITUTION;
AUTHOR OF THE FEDERALIST PAPERS; SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY
Following his duel with Aaron Burr, in those final twenty four hours while life still remained in him, Hamilton called for two ministers, the Rev. J. M. Mason and the Rev. Benjamin Moore, to pray with him and administer Communion to him. Each of those two ministers reported what transpired. The Rev.
One other consequence of Hamilton’s untimely death was that it permanently halted the formation of a religious society Hamilton had proposed. Hamilton suggested that it be named the Christian Constitutional Society, and listed two goals for its formation: first, the support of the Christian religion; and second, the support of the Constitution of the United States.
Then explain to me why Jefferson literally cut and pasted his own Bible in which he deliberately excluded all mention of miracles and Christ’s divinity?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Then explain to me why Jefferson literally cut and pasted his own Bible in which he deliberately excluded all mention of miracles and Christ’s divinity?

Who knows?......That would between Jefferson and his Lord.......
Jefferson also owned a Quran........He did so because he was President during the Barbary war and he wanted to know his enemy.

But, Washington was very clear.......do you deny his displays of faith and his accomplishments as well? And the other "Founding Father" examples I posted......you deny those too?

George Washington
”You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ. These will make you a greater and happier people than you are.121
While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian.122

Besides the three Roman Catholics among the Founding Fathers, the Protestant Convention delegates included 28 Episcopalians, 8 Presbyterians, 7 Congregationalists, 2 Lutherans, 2 Dutch reformed and 2 Methodists.

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Who knows?......That would between Jefferson and his Lord.......
Jefferson also owned a Quran........He did so because he was President during the Barbary war and he wanted to know his enemy.

But, Washington was very clear.......do you deny his displays of faith and his accomplishments of him as well?

George Washington

Besides the three Roman Catholics among the Founding Fathers, the Protestant Convention delegates included 28 Episcopalians, 8 Presbyterians, 7 Congregationalists, 2 Lutherans, 2 Dutch reformed and 2 Methodists.
The quote referencing Jesus was written to the Delaware Indians and signed by Washington, but he did not write it. In fact there are no known writings by Washington that contain the name Jesus, which is one reason many historians believe he was a deist rather than actually Christian. Attending church hardly guarantees that you are a Christian. Here’s some additional reading for you-

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
This was interesting-

On February 1, 1800, a few weeks after Washington's death, Thomas Jefferson made the following entry in his journal, regarding an incident on the occasion of Washington's departure from office:[68][69]

Dr. Rush tells me that he had it from Asa Green that when the clergy addressed Genl. Washington on his departure from the govmt, it was observed in their consultation that he had never on any occasion said a word to the public which showed a belief in the Xn religion and they thot they should so pen their address as to force him at length to declare publicly whether he was a Christian or not. They did so. However he observed the old fox was too cunning for them. He answered every article of their address particularly except that, which he passed over without notice. Rush observes he never did say a word on the subject in any of his public papers except in his valedictory letter to the Governors of the states when he resigned his commission in the army, wherein he speaks of the benign influence of the Christian religion. I know that Gouverneur Morris, who pretended to be in his secrets & believed himself to be so, has often told me that Genl. Washington believed no more of that system than he himself did.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
The quote referencing Jesus was written to the Delaware Indians and signed by Washington, but he did not write it.

Yes, George Washington gave the speech......he spoke and delivered the words....I have a hard time accepting your misdirection that George Washington would speak words in which he did not approve and believe.......he was a better man than you.

As your pompous ass gallivants around these boards, your intentions to persuade and drive others away from the truth and our God is obvious and clear..........

1606668878669.png

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Yes, George Washington gave the speech......he spoke and delivered the words....I have a hard time accepting your misdirection that George Washington would speak words in which he did not approve and believe.......he was a better man than you.

As your pompous ass gallivants around these boards, your intentions to persuade and drive others away from the truth and our God is obvious and clear..........

View attachment 946913
Here’s more of the history behind that letter.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Here’s more of the history behind that letter.

You continue failing miserably as that is about as lame of an opinion piece as you will ever find.......perhaps I underestimated the magnitudes of your desperation.
Suck it up buttercup...you can take your misery elsewhere....it is evident and too bad that life has failed you, or something else has gotten you "pissed off" at the world......although your shaming and blaming God is predictable........ you will not find the true relief nor the emotional recovery and happiness you are seeking. Perhaps one day you will find your way.......but first, you must settle your anger issues and pull your head out of your ass. Until that time, I will simply consider and address you as the "pompous ass" that you are.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score