WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Team 047 Parker Enduro Experience

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Team 047 was fortunate enough to put a group of misfits together and finish the race, 10th overall and 2nd in Division 4, completing 40 laps. First and second place in our division was separated by a loittle over a minute, both completing 40 laps. It all started after last years enduro at Fox's. My uncle Larry and his buddy Bob were talking after quite a few beers and thought, man, it would be bitchen to do the race. Larry was hesitant because he didnt want to blow up his 502 engine. Bob tells him hell, i got an engine. At that moment Team 047 started taking shape. During Hammer's Hallett's in Havasu, Friday night, the 502 came out and Bobs fresh 525 went into Larry's Vector. Gears were swapped and props were tested eventually arriving at the set up to run 4500-5000 rpm at 75-80 mph on 91 Octane.
1st driver: Larry Gebhart
Co Pilot: Michael Nunez
2nd Driver Bob Alexander
Co Pilot Blake Alexander
3rd Driver Skiracr (Brian)
Co Pilot Dan Smith

We got our crew together and started assigning jobs. Everyone helped out made this happen.

At the start of the race
1 Start.jpg

First Lap Down!!!
2 First Lap.jpeg

First Pit and driver swap
3 First Pit.jpg

Bob and his Son Blake
4 Bob and Blake.jpg

Skiracr and Dan Smith
5 Beav and Dano.jpg

Me getting some last minute instruction...Might I add this was the first time I had driven this boat, while having plenty of seat time in other V-drives.
6 Beav Ready.jpg

Finished up and on the trailer
7 Beav Finish.jpg

The whole team after the race!!!
8 Team 047.jpg

Trophy's 2nd place!!!
9 3rd Place trophy.jpg

Larry poured his beer and the cup became his mug
10 Larry Cup.jpg

Our Camp set up
11 Camp.jpg
12 Camp 2.jpg
13 Camp 3.jpg

perfect end to a perfect day
14 Sunset.jpg

Pot luck dinner
15 Dinner Pot Luck.jpg

Party Time
16 Dinner.jpg
17 Party.jpg

At the en of the race, we didn't know our position, what place we finished, or if we placed in our class....all we knew is we finished!!!
We can't thank everyone who helped us out and made this possible for us enough. Thanks to the people putting on a great race!

RodnJen

Reaction score
Way to represent Fullerton.:thumbsup

rvrrun

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but that looks like the boat that was having too much fun to come in for its fuel stop?

That looks like a great time.

skiracr

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but that looks like the boat that was having too much fun to come in for its fuel stop?

That looks like a great time.
Lol, yes you are correct...their hour and a half turned into 2 hours. The co pilots watch broke and they lost track of time. They were living in the moment and couldn't see the PIT sign.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like a ton of fun! How did you like it compared to ski racing?

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
It was quite funny to watch the pit guys try and get the boat to the trailer...

skiracr

Reaction score
Looks like a ton of fun! How did you like it compared to ski racing?

We had so much fun! Ski Racing is near and dear to my heart and i will always love the sport. But i gotta say, driving the boat in the race was an adrenaline rush. When I first took off i ended up in a small cluster of boats and that was pretty sick. I would love to drive again and eventually try to work my way into driving a for a skier :cool

boatnam2

Reaction score
Larry is a funny MF'er. tell him Jim from echo lodge said hi.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Very cool. Thanks for sharing [emoji106] [emoji202]

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Great job you guys! I followed the Vector. It looked like a nice ride.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A few years ago my uncle and I kicked around the idea of doing a 2 boat team with both of our boats (his was a factory Laveycraft entry in the '85 race) but neither of us had the $ to do so. Would be one hell of a good time I'd imagine. You're story looks similar to how I'd impinge our time would go.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's bad ass RiverRunnin!! I saw you towing your boat in town today. One of these days you might stop up at my house for a couple of free t shirts.. ;) :D (If you have time of course)

RD

River Runnin

Reaction score
That's bad ass RiverRunnin!! I saw you towing your boat in town today. One of these days you might stop up at my house for a couple of free t shirts.. ;) :D (If you have time of course)

RD

Thanks!..Going back in this morning to have the slider, (glass window) replaced! :)

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I would love to drive again and eventually try to work my way into driving a for a skier

Pulling a skier is not super difficult, particularly since you ski yourself. You would obviously start off with slower skiers and gain some experience prior to pulling some of the fast guys, but some of the things like reacting to water conditions will come easy for you. Having a good observer in the boat is always important, but even more so when you first start driving in ski racing.

You weren't around when I campaigned my turbo Schiada, but I pulled a team in circle races as well as some marathons, including some faster guys and even Men's Open occasionally.

Bob114

Reaction score
Great write up Brian! Good times with great people. My hats off to Georgia for the Cookin.

classicvdrives

Reaction score
That is a great story, sounds like you guys had tons of fun! Are you guys running it again this year? What was the top speed you guys got in that thing? Looks super fun!