WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Teenage girl dies from heat exhaus

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This really pisses me off, parents should be tried for negligent homicide. Taking the family for a 5 mile hike round trip to Sara’s Crack on a day with temps close to 120 is just idiotic.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I swear they taught us this stuff in 2nd or 3rd grade when I lived in Phoenix as a kid.
My Dad who was a Federal safety inspector used to say the ultimate lesson for the parents was learned. There is no greater punishment than a life filled with severe guilt.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
No parent should have to bury their child...

That poor kid though. She must have suffered unbelievably.

I hope that if these parents have other kids, they are takin away from them....

:mad: :mad:

DWC

Reaction score
Truly heartbreaking deal. No clue what the parents were thinking. Even with water and the right prep it’s a horrible idea. What a poor decision. Hell of a way to learn a lesson.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Why, why would anyone hike in these temps? I wonder if they were trying to get to the lake, realized it was too far and came back? Most people would find it tough in 100+, but 111 is pretty serious. Water needing to be carried would be excessive, and you'd have to be in good shape to start.

The only way I would do it would be to look for someone known in distress, but never with my own kids in tow.

mobldj

Reaction score
heat will kill.on the 6th the maintenance guy at castle rock died in his trailer along with his dog tech because the ac went out in the night.he had issues but the no ac was the nail in the coffin.hes going to be cremated tomorrow.rip gary and tech.