WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tesla Continues to collapse.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Enjoy the hell out of it until it happens.

If you’ve never driven or been in one you won’t get it. Not the highest quality workmanship but the speed and tech makes up for it. In my opinion of course.
I have done that. I am not impressed. Yes they they accelerate quickly, but thats a side effect of electric motors having peak torque at zero rpms. Thier fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired for a so called " high end sports car" they kind of remind me of a dodge diesel truck, kick ass motor, everything is junk. I also wonder how many people would buy them with out all of the incentives. Just look at the rebates and discounts you can get from the power company when you buy one.

I also highly doubt they put a dent it ones so called " carbon foot print"

If you like it and it works for you, great. I only want too have one vechicle so it would not work for me.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
BS! Just don’t allow dumbasses to drive Teslas in Austria and this shit won’t happen. What’s with you guys always blaming Tesla when some dumbass can’t handle his car and wrecks it.
And then Posting an article highlighting issues in another country and trying to pass it off like it’s happening here? That’s some EL Pollo PlumLoco BS.

The point is that because Tesla will not reveal what chemicals are actually inside the batteries, no salvage peeps will take on the task, or the liability. I really expect the same thing here, with our legal system being the way it is. If nothing else, can you not sympathize with a guy who has a wrecked car that he cannot get out of his driveway? I'm sure if it was your neighbors bitching about the burned hulk sitting in your driveway you might feel a bit differently.
Or maybe you wouldn't. Either way, I hope it never happens to you.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Tesla recycles batteries...with third-party partners.

IMG_3658.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The point is that because Tesla will not reveal what chemicals are actually inside the batteries, no salvage peeps will take on the task, or the liability. I really expect the same thing here, with our legal system being the way it is. If nothing else, can you not sympathize with a guy who has a wrecked car that he cannot get out of his driveway? I'm sure if it was your neighbors bitching about the burned hulk sitting in your driveway you might feel a bit differently.
Or maybe you wouldn't. Either way, I hope it never happens to you.

Not quite, they build their packs from commercially available Panasonic batteries with a published composition.

UD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Enjoy the hell out of it until it happens.

If you’ve never driven or been in one you won’t get it. Not the highest quality workmanship but the speed and tech makes up for it. In my opinion of course.

I've been in them, they are still meh to me, but I am a car guy. For non car people that only go stoplight to stoplight, I see the draw and why they thing they seem like the fastest car in the world.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I've been in them, they are still meh to me, but I am a car guy. For non car people that only go stoplight to stoplight, I see the draw and why they thing they seem like the fastest car in the world.

It definitely isn’t the best handling of cars. I took it for a few laps around Sears Point raceway for a charity event and could definitely feel the handling difference compared to the 330i. Fairly heavy so cornering wasn’t real good but the instant acceleration out of the turns impressed me for sure.

4D812B23-6179-4446-AC84-506CBCE457BF.png

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The top gear guys smoked the BMW M3 with it by 2 seconds a lap at thunderhill.

The Model 3 performance beat it 0-100-0 as well.

UD

Spudsbud

Reaction score
TSLA stock.... yea!
From 300 to 600+ in the past 12months
Yea.....a real dog there.
Do NOT bet against Musky !

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Where's this damn collapse we were told was happening? :p

Hey now, when this thread was started it looked pretty bad for them...;)

I guess I could just delete it?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Hey now, when this thread was started it looked pretty bad for them...;)

I guess I could just delete it?

Id vote for it to stay up. If only as a record of who backed what position when and who backed which guy at what time.

I've enjoyed the dialog where some guys look at it as "a fight", I've never felt that way

It pretty clear that it doenst take much to be called "an analyst".

I think they will be challenged and continue to be challenged and the stock price will float up and down continuously.

UD

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
We bought at 230 back in Sept. Got lucky.
Sold half of it in Dec. Kicking myself, but we still have the other half!!!!

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
Oh, selling off that first half had nothing to do with OUR guru. The wife wanted to sell it all. Our gal talked her off the wall, and into leaving half....... I was in a no-win situation. Happy wife......... you know the rest. I do make it a habit of showing her every day how high it’s going, and that she should leave the investment decisions to me and the finance gal.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I got in at $230 as well
After hours ......

Attachments

• 1EB4A1DB-C7FB-495B-B46E-17DA7761D5F3.png
    1EB4A1DB-C7FB-495B-B46E-17DA7761D5F3.png
    464.8 KB · Views: 125

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Ok, I'll play. I had about $1500 in Harley stock and traded for Tesla stock during the IPO. Let's just say I'm trying to convince wifey it's boat shopping time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
0561A6C4-932D-4E95-9FDF-AC56EBA912D2.png

Attachments

• ACAFFD86-0B89-42D7-8D26-4E86A0737F9E.png
    ACAFFD86-0B89-42D7-8D26-4E86A0737F9E.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 100

78Southwind

Reaction score
I was trading Tesla in my Roth IRA last June. I guess I should have held it. lol At these prices Tesla has to fall off a cliff... Can you imagine what Tesla stock would do if it met the criteria to be added to the S&P 500.

Trading.png

pronstar

Reaction score
News of the first gigs-factory coming online is what spurred the latest rally.

pronstar

Reaction score
Interesting factoid:
Many automakers have publicly announced “we have no more new-generation gas engines planned”, and we know that many countries are legislating their demise

But BMW, Ford, Hyundai and Toyota have recently stated they are working on some clean-sheet gasoline engines for the future.

spectras only

Reaction score
I guess there's still a future for the ICE. The days when oil prices shot up to the $150 a barrel, it was a lost opportunity to campaign for Blue Fuel. https://bluefuelenergy.com/
There's just so much natural gas out there in Canada and the US to start building those refineries, making gasoline from natural gas.I'm still not buying the longevity of the electric car's future, unless they find alternative battery packs without using harmful chemicals. Demands for electricity in the near future will demand building more hydroelectric generation facilities that's more costly than any refinery.
There's such plant [ Blue Fuel ] already in New Zealand as the one below
bfe_photo-700x493_140520.jpg

LNG transport is making headway quietly? ;)

Last edited:

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I guess there's still a future for the ICE. The days when oil prices shot up to the $150 a barrel, it was a lost opportunity to campaign for Blue Fuel. https://bluefuelenergy.com/
There's just so much natural gas out there in Canada and the US to start building those refineries, making gasoline from natural gas.I'm still not buying the longevity of the electric car's future, unless they find alternative battery packs without using harmful chemicals. Demands for electricity in the near future will demand building more hydroelectric generation facilities that's more costly than any refinery.
There's such plant [ Blue Fuel ] already in New Zealand as the one below
bfe_photo-700x493_140520.jpg

LNG transport is making headway quietly? ;)

Maybe better, but sill not good. LNG is still a fossil Fuel and fossil fuels are BAD. LNG is a better alternative than coal(50% less CO2) when properly captured, transported and burned In power plants. Problem is it’s almost all methane which is very, very powerful (lasts approx 20 years, but is 120x more powerful than CO2 at trapping heat) and the methane losses into environment during production like drilling, fracking & transporting leaks are negating a lot of the clean benefits of Natural Gas. Renewables like solar, wind, hydro, advanced batteries are nearly as cost competitive as FF when you factor in the cost of subsidies, climate change, and health defects. So Why waste money on something that only gets you half-way clean, cause you’re still gonna be half dirty. Go green and clean w/ renewable energy. :)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Interesting factoid:
Many automakers have publicly announced “we have no more new-generation gas engines planned”, and we know that many countries are legislating their demise

But BMW, Ford, Hyundai and Toyota have recently stated they are working on some clean-sheet gasoline engines for the future.

Yea we'll see how that goes.

I won't ever be buying that bullshit, neither will most of the people I know.

There is no soul in an electric vehicle.

spectras only

Reaction score
Maybe better, but sill not good. LNG is still a fossil Fuel and fossil fuels are BAD. LNG is a better alternative than coal(50% less CO2) when properly captured, transported and burned In power plants. Problem is it’s almost all methane which is very, very powerful (lasts approx 20 years, but is 120x more powerful than CO2 at trapping heat) and the methane losses into environment during production like drilling, fracking & transporting leaks are negating a lot of the clean benefits of Natural Gas. Renewables like solar, wind, hydro, advanced batteries are nearly as cost competitive as FF when you factor in the cost of subsidies, climate change, and health defects. So Why waste money on something that only gets you half-way clean, cause you’re still gonna be half dirty. Go green and clean w/ renewable energy.

Heatng with electricity also requires fossil fuels as of now and for quite some time into the future. Solar and wind is not guaranteed 100% 24/7 , THAT'S ALL WEATHER DEPENDENT. ;) Electricity costs six times higher than natural gas to heat a home in Canada. What is it where you live?

Take your pick, is it 50% less or 60% less ;)

Natural gas is a fossil fuel, though the global warming emissions from its combustion are much lower than those from coal or oil. Natural gas emits 50 to 60 percent less carbon dioxide (CO2) when combusted in a new, efficient natural gas power plant compared with emissions from a typical new coal plant [1]

Burning LNG in power plants produces roughly 40 percent fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared with black coal. ... Still, LNG's overall advantage is heavily dependent on the CO2 content of the gas field and the efficiency of the coal-fired power plant it is being compared with.May 10, 2011

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Maybe better, but sill not good. LNG is still a fossil Fuel and fossil fuels are BAD. LNG is a better alternative than coal(50% less CO2) when properly captured, transported and burned In power plants. Problem is it’s almost all methane which is very, very powerful (lasts approx 20 years, but is 120x more powerful than CO2 at trapping heat) and the methane losses into environment during production like drilling, fracking & transporting leaks are negating a lot of the clean benefits of Natural Gas. Renewables like solar, wind, hydro, advanced batteries are nearly as cost competitive as FF when you factor in the cost of subsidies, climate change, and health defects. So Why waste money on something that only gets you half-way clean, cause you’re still gonna be half dirty. Go green and clean w/ renewable energy. :)
Time will tail. We still don’t know the unintended consequences of the chemical components in all these wasted batteries that will not last forever. There’s always a trade-off one bad chemical compound for another.

I am not a EV hater I think the teslas are Bitchin although the truck is a funky looking piece . I am looking forward to see what the other manufacturers are coming out with.

also can’t help but wonder what electric prices will do in the future.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Time will tail. We still don’t know the unintended consequences of the chemical components in all these wasted batteries that will not last forever. There’s always a trade-off one bad chemical compound for another.

I am not a EV hater I think the teslas are Bitchin although the truck is a funky looking piece . I am looking forward to see what the other manufacturers are coming out with.

I hear you my man, but they Can’t be any worse than the damaging environmental effects of having mountains of coal ash piling up or tillions of gallons of oil, gas and byproducts spilled, leaked and needing to be continuously produced & burned because it isn’t reused.
Imagine If you sat and idled your car in closed garage for just 30 mins, burning less than 1 gallon of gas would kill you. Now think about damage to your health and the environment from millions of people burning billions of gallons of gas commuting to work. Argh!

The Tesla battery currently lasts over 7 years with 2012 technology and their new recycling allows almost all of the batteries composition to be recycled over and over for decades of reuse in cars or as other manufacturers do, recycled for use in energy storage systems. With the rest of auto industry finally getting on board and investing Billions in EV R&D instead of ICE, the EV technology will become exponentially more efficient and cost competitive in short period of time.

Now if the supporters of fossil fuel energy and carbon emissions would wise up and start supporting/reinvesting resources in developing renewable energy products instead, we’d all see lower costs, higher efficiency and we’d all be much better off sooner than later In those industries too.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Wondering about Electricity prices OR Electric Vehicle prices?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Electricity prices. I would imagine as more electric vehicles are introduced the prices will become more competitive.

I seriously doubt that until some serious things happen. The average person is at the mercy of utilities and with the limited control by The PUC it is all in their court.

prorider

Reaction score
Just look at what’s happening with wind turbine blades when they are done. Environmental disaster trying to dispose of them.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Look up Enron if you think electricity prices are supply and demand.
Also, check out PG&E and see how they are doing.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Digging my new whip. I charge at home during off peak hours at 14 cents a KWH. Oh, and it hauls ass..

View attachment 878317
Make sure you sweet talk transpo so they can set you up a 50amp charging cable. My guys got me about 4 feet of bandit then 50amp on the other side so I can hook up in base camp. You are going to love it. Congrats