WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tesla Model S P100D Ludicrous mode :0

2Driver

Reaction score
My buddy just got one and holy crap X10! . Fastest production car in the world supposedly. $95k

0-60 2.28
1/4 mile 10.5

When I got in it, I didn’t know it was the P100D. He just told me to floor-it from a stop, keep it floored and keep both hands on the wheel.

LOL I think my vision blurred. I'm surprised there aren’t more wrapped around telephone poles.

Taboma

Reaction score
My buddy just got one and holy crap X10! . Fastest production car in the world supposedly. $95k

0-60 2.28
1/4 mile 10.5

When I got in it, I didn’t know it was the P100D. He just told me to floor-it from a stop, keep it floored and keep both hands on the wheel.

LOL I think my vision blurred. I'm surprised there aren’t more wrapped around telephone poles.

Never driven one, but I do recall the first time I punched our electric golf cart and it instantly leaped forward 10 feet.
Next time I tried it I made sure I was actually sitting in it. :eek: 😂

I can only imagine the sudden g-force acceleration with almost no accompanying sound is a bit surreal. Problem is, I think I might get fixated on watching the battery level, for fear of running out of juice where I couldn't or didn't want to be stopping to charge.

2Driver

Reaction score
congrats. you just drove the one of the fastest cars ever produced. Id never be able to own one, eat tires every month

Im sure it goes through tires, but amazing enough there wasn't any slippage. It was weird, no sound, no burn out, no gears shifting. It was like a massive slingshot launch that kept going.

He's been getting almost 400 miles on a charge if he behaves, lol if.

TrollerDave

Reaction score

0-60 2.28
1/4 mile 10.5

When you go straight to Ludicrous Speed,

1611338602821.gif

Javajoe

Reaction score
Im sure it goes through tires, but amazing enough there wasn't any slippage. It was weird, no sound, no burn out, no gears shifting. It was like a massive slingshot launch that kept going.

Wife has the 3. Really strange how it pulls and pulls. So instantly fast off the line with no tires breaking loose

outboard_256

Reaction score
had a guy with one next to me at a red light launch so he could get in my lane. He took off so fast it looked like a video game. I had to catch up at the next light just so I could see what car it was. it said P100D dual motor or something. Never seen a car take off so fast in my life. And silent too.

Taboma

Reaction score

I've often wondered just how I would "Behave" if I owned one 🤔 What I have noticed is, the vast majority are not misbehaving at all. Certainly I've witnessed a bit of spirited acceleration, but not all that often all things considered. I know with my supercharged Camaro, it's the bit of blower whine that seems to incite my inner demon to mash for more. I'd like to think I'm free spirited enough to have some fun with one, but I really don't want to be that guy who's acting like speed racer off every light.
Most drivers seem very conservative, or maybe they know they're the baddest and don't feel the need to prove anything ???
Me, I'd be fixated on the "Juice Gage", "OMG I've only got 30% charge remaining" 🥵🥵

By the way sir, you really submit some cool flora and fauna photos of where I believe you live, would you be inclined to share what general area that might be. In the pictures it appears more green than I'm accustomed to seeing the desert.

2Driver

Reaction score
I assume it would take forever to charge 110. What does it take to get a 220 installed if you don’t have it? or 221 :)

NicPaus

Reaction score
I get about half the mileage it shows when driving my GF X. Driving like I normally would my truck. Going alot faster than you think when you look at the speedometer.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I assume it would take forever to charge 110. What does it take to get a 220 installed if you don’t have it? or 221 :)
Most people like myself just used the 220 dryer breaker that is normally never used because most people have gas dryers. Super easy install of a big outlet. She schedules her Tesla to charge at 10 pm . Charges about 34 miles per hour. Owners normally set their battery to charge up 80-90 % of capacity to protect the battery. If going on a trip they charge 100 %.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Boring like riding in a trolley bus. :p Tesla should have speakers outside like the Fisker Karma to please car enthusiasts, at least. 🤔🤪
They just released an update so we can now play ice cream man music, dogs barking, farting and a couple more I think to the outside speakers. It does have exterior speakers that emit sound at low speed for pedestrian safety

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
What really helps that car get moving is the AWD. The p100 makes a ton of HP too. Its a hot rod.

The electric tractions motors make max torque right off the bat so there is no lag.

My car is AWD but is underpowered. (Gas BMW) If I brake torque it to spool up the turbos first, it takes off like it was shot out of a cannon. No wheel spin, just accelerates. So much fun. I wish it had more HP.

Bottom line is AWD cars are a lot of fun.

I think I am gonna get attested in mine.

Boat 405

Reaction score
One fast go cart... good luck charging when the grid goes down or waiting in line at Barstow for it to charge while is 120 outside.

😂

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Most people like myself just used the 220 dryer breaker that is normally never used because most people have gas dryers. Super easy install of a big outlet. She schedules her Tesla to charge at 10 pm . Charges about 34 miles per hour. Owners normally set their battery to charge up 80-90 % of capacity to protect the battery. If going on a trip they charge 100 %.
I know a big no no but because of the size of my service panel I ended up sharing the dryer circuit for our Model 3 outlet. It works fine we just have to make sure to not charge and dry at the same time.
They just released an update so we can now play ice cream man music, dogs barking, farting and a couple more I think to the outside speakers. It does have exterior speakers that emit sound at low speed for pedestrian safety
I disconnected that speaker shortly often we bought it. That pedestrian safety space ship sound was fucking annoying.

2Driver

Reaction score
One fast go cart... good luck charging when the grid goes down or waiting in line at Barstow for it to charge while is 120 outside.

😂

It goes 400+ so no stopping in Barstow. House is solar so free fuel. Grid can go down all it wants.

LOL Im more concerned with environmental polcies pushing these so called green cars and whats going to happen to the earth once real lithium and graphite mining takes off. It will make fracking seem like a flower farm

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

😂
Ours is basically the wife’s commuter / local grocery getter. I’d never take it more than a few hundred miles away especially if I wasn’t positive I could be charging at destination. That’s what the gas PU and SUV are for. 😁

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
It goes 400+ so no stopping in Barstow. House is solar so free fuel. Grid can go down all it wants.

LOL Im more concerned with environmental polcies pushing these so called green cars and whats going to happen to the earth once real lithium and graphite mining takes off. It will make fracking seem like a flower farm
You do know you can’t charge if the grid goes down right? Unless you have a battery. And the cars don’t really go 400 miles. More like high 200s low 300s lights radio air conditioning... good friend has a p100 and never gets 400 miles on a charge. Ever.

2Driver

Reaction score
Before I decide which car to buy I always consider the extremes, like what if the grid is shut off, N Korea attacks, a meteor strikes earth or the sun goes out 😁

Javajoe

Reaction score
We got a diesel truck and a 3. My grid will most likely never go down. Never has except if a car hits a pole lol. Riv utility is good and cheap. Wife’s retired, car works great for her. Diesel is my work truck and boat puller. The times we did go out of town with her car it was just a 20 min stop while we ate in the car while running the air lol. Pretty fucking easy. Soo amazing how people hate Tesla’s and bag on them. Amazing car. Hard to find anyone who hates them who have driven or owned one. They are not for everyone. I personally do not like driving cars period. Been driving pickups my whole life but I would wrap that baby around a tree if I drove it everyday

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
They are super fast. Crazy 1/8 mile cars

I have raced several in my pontiac and if you don't turn a good tree there just isnt enough time to run them down on the second half of the track.

Cars in general are nuts...

This stock mclaren runs mid 9's at 150....That's insane

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Before I decide which car to buy I always consider the extremes, like what if the grid is shut off, N Korea attacks, a meteor strikes earth or the sun goes out [emoji16]

LOL!

If the power grid goes down, fuel distribution channels ain’t happening either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
They are super fast. Crazy 1/8 mile cars

I have raced several in my pontiac and if you don't turn a good tree there just isnt enough time to run them down on the second half of the track.

Cars in general are nuts...

This stock mclaren runs mid 9's at 150....That's insane

Beat me to it, they are not the fastest, but still near the top. They are as green as a F350. All bullshit about the carbon footprint bla bla bla.

Don't get me wrong, I despise electrics and hybrids on principal, but they are engineering marvels that I can appreciate. They still use all the same base chemicals and toxic materials as regular vehicles do, it's all just hype with a spin, the materials for the electronics and batteries are far more damaging to the environment, not only from farming them, but disposing of them after their life cycle ends...god forbid one burns up, that is a toxic nightmare.

Build quality varies greatly however, I've seen around 20 of them up close living here in SB, they are everywhere.

One thing you can't argue with is that "ludicrous" mode is quicker than most people have ever gone in a car....

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
LOL!

If the power grid goes down, fuel distribution channels ain’t happening either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
True, unless you have reserves and enough to get to where you need to go away from most people. 😎

Xring01

Reaction score

I installed my Tesla home charger. I have a 80 amp breaker, and charge at 60 amps, which is about 50 miles per hour, up to about 85% charge, then it slows down more and more the closer you get to 100%.
Itsrare that I charge more than 85%

spectras only

Reaction score
One thing you can't argue with is that "ludicrous" mode is quicker than most people have ever gone in a car....
If you want ludicrous speed, get a Go-Kart Daymak C5 Blast, it can zoom from 0 to 60 mph in just 1.5 seconds.
Our gas Karts capable of 100 mph, 0-60 about 2.5, plenty fast for a not so safe vehicle as a Tesla, but much more fun, sitting so close to the ground and wind blasting your face. ;) :D

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
If you want ludicrous speed, get a Go-Kart Daymak C5 Blast, it can zoom from 0 to 60 mph in just 1.5 seconds.
Our gas Karts capable of 100 mph, 0-60 about 2.5,

My tri-motor Cybertruck is gonna be sub 3.0 0-60. That's gonna be interesting.

Taboma

Reaction score
Our gas Karts capable of 100 mph, 0-60 about 2.5, plenty fast for a not so safe vehicle as a Tesla, but much more fun, sitting so close to the ground and wind blasting your face. ;) :D

I watched the video, which has 8 visible EDF motors , the C5 Blast with the fairings on the website shows 4 EDFs rear facing and maybe 8 down, plus one apparently large brushless motor --- Any clue what's going on here ? What's with the approx dozen EDF's ??

bocco

Reaction score
Ours is basically the wife’s commuter / local grocery getter. I’d never take it more than a few hundred miles away especially if I wasn’t positive I could be charging at destination. That’s what the gas PU and SUV are for. 😁

Perfect application in my opinion. They're perfect for running around town. Short trips that don't even warm up a big gas or diesel motor are no issue.

spectras only

Reaction score
I watched the video, which has 8 visible EDF motors , the C5 Blast with the fairings on the website shows 4 EDFs rear facing and maybe 8 down, plus one apparently large brushless motor --- Any clue what's going on here ? What's with the approx dozen EDF's ??
Never looked at the concept in detail. All I'm getting is it's a complicated system for the every day Karter guys like me. I like my simple Honda shifter kart and Rotax TAG. I can fiddle with.
Doubt racers would switch anytime soon using a Blast on the circuits. Local guy from our Kartplex, Remo Ruscitti just won the race in Phoenix Saturday
1611602200558.png

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Never looked at the concept in detail. All I'm getting is it's a complicated system for the every day Karter guys like me. I like my simple Honda shifter kart and Rotax TAG. I can fiddle with.
Doubt racers would switch anytime soon using a Blast on the circuits. Local guy from our Kartplex, Remo Ruscitti just won the race in Phoenix Saturday View attachment 966385

First reality check would be, getting my stiff aging ass down that low to get in, the 2nd would be the engine hoist required to get me back out 😂

I was marveling at the technology, I get the electric motor aspect, but the dozen or so electric ductless fans really tossed me. Couldn't figure out if you'd get sucked 0 to 60 or blown :oops:
Last time I was in anything closely resembling a cart was when I was a kid and my buddy had a 1/4 midget we'd race around the old rocking horse oil rigs down by Huntington Beach before it got all clean and prissy.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have a friend with a Chevy Volt. His tires go bald quickly. It spins em no problem. The front tires, of course. LOL

DWC

Reaction score
I have a friend with a Chevy Volt. His tires go bald quickly. It spins em no problem. The front tires, of course. LOL
My F’g kid kills his tires. Makes sense now

spectras only

Reaction score
Taboma, I have a waistline size 34. I squeeze in the seats in the Karts and the Miata Sparco seats as well. If your waist is over 34 or worse, 36 you wouldn't be able get in any open wheel Formula racers.
Getting back to Teslas, only Tesla I like and would be interested was the roadster. You never see them hardly ever on the roads.>
Tesla%20Roadster
1611605772779.png

Attachments

• Tesla Roadster_ (1).txt
    541.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
What do you think will get delivered first, the speed car or the cyber truck?

I think the CT will start rolling off the assembly line by Spring 2022. The factory is coming along nicely.

spectras only

Reaction score
I should modify my stock 1999 Viper with twin turbos and 2 spd Powerglide and get to Ludicrous speed of 6 sec range 1/4 mile with two wheel rear drive ;) 🤔🤪

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Doubt racers would switch anytime soon using a Blast on the circuits. Local guy from our Kartplex, Remo Ruscitti just won the race in Phoenix Saturday View attachment 966385
I raced shifters at Willow for a bunch of years after I retired from roadracing bikes. Shit ton of fun, won the veterans class one season for 40 year old and up. TM 125 and CRG chassis.

Taboma

Reaction score
Taboma, I have a waistline size 34. I squeeze in the seats in the Karts and the Miata Sparco seats as well. If your waist is over 34 or worse, 36 you wouldn't be able get in any open wheel Formula racers.
Getting back to Teslas, only Tesla I like and would be interested was the roadster. You never see them hardly ever on the roads.>
Tesla%20Roadster
View attachment 966407

34 inch waist here as well, it's not the waist or my skinny ass that's the problem, it's these damned worn out hips. I can get myself into positions I can't gracefully get out of. 😂

I like their original roadster, but in terms of being a heart stopper, the new one --- Holy shit balls !!!!!!!!

I'm trying to stay alive long enough to spend my kid's inheritance on one of these -- which is the only EV Car I'm really interested in.

Tesla Roadster.JPG