WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tesla or Prius drivers, whats worse?

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have always avoided prius's on the road. Im now beginning to think tesla drivers are worse. Not because they drive slow, they just drive like shit.
Distracted? Never staying one speed.
Love to wait until its too late to merge.
Is it just me? I seriuosly avoid them on the road.

If you own a prius or tesla then your excused from the people im talking about.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I think the car is too smart for what a normal human can deal with.
The majority of people only need a gas break and steering wheel. But they jump into these tech cars and are just not able to drive and do other things at the same time.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Nope, I avoid both as well. Only a couple of things to help make a decent drive, put the phone down, look forward and around and go the speed limit or faster. Just my .02

DWC

Reaction score
Prius drivers seem to drive way faster than the average. Compensation thing. Newer Tesla’s are great. You can always cut in front of them and they move. It’s Altima, Lower 3 series BMW and anything with a S that scare me. They want to race every stoplight.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Both are poster children for people who dont care at all about driving. The prius is the ultimate toaster of the road. It does the job with the least amount of frills possible. The tesla is the opposite end of the spectrum it drives itself so you can play with all the gadgets. Soome people buy teslas for their performance. No ones buys a prius for that reason. Priuses are the worst.

Kbach

Reaction score
I've always called Prius drivers Pritards....I know call Tesla drivers Tetards. Both douches when it comes to driving.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Nah, they're equally snooty in opposite ways. Priuss will do 10 under in the fast lane while Teslas will ride your ass when you're doing 10 over and passing other traffic.

I still practice what I like to call "Prius Poaching" and "Turding on a Tesla" where if I come across either one of them holding up traffic or unnecessarily riding my ass, I turn a dial on my dash and blow 7.3L all over them. Theres just something about the etty air currents produced by an Excursion that kicks up all kinds of black smoke from the tailpipe dumped at the axle.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Both are equally for people who hate a real driving experience. Both are pathetic. I always laugh when I see either of these cars about the suckers that bought them. Both vehicles I'll never own in my lifetime.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
You are my HERO THANK YOU

I still practice what I like to call "Prius Poaching" and "Turding on a Tesla" where if I come across either one of them holding up traffic or unnecessarily riding my ass, I turn a dial on my dash and blow 7.3L all over them. Theres just something about the etty air currents produced by an Excursion that kicks up all kinds of black smoke from the tailpipe dumped at the axle.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I like that toyota and tesla have pushed technology in cars. We will all benefit in some way sooner or later.
Its that they seem to attract bad drivers. Maybe there are bad F150 drivers, but the percentage of prius and testards driving bad is higher.

I did get passed by a Mcclaren on desert center sunday. He was rolling about 100mph. Had a black suburban running chase vehicle behind him.
That guy had 2 hands on wheel and passing super safe. I have zero problems with this

floatn turd

Reaction score
I ride a bike every day to work and have done it for many years now.
So I feel that I am 100% qualified to comment on this thread.

While splitting lanes, coming upon a turning / merging situation or people just coming into my lane, they usually have these common denominators:
1) A woman driver
2) A Shitty ass Mini-van, Prius or Tesla.

Most instances of 4-wheeled "Fuckery" that I've encountered in my travels have involved those cars.
And
I shit you not, 9 out of 10 times it's a woman behind the wheel of one of those types of cars that try & kill me.

FT

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I ride a bike every day to work and have done it for many years now.
So I feel that I am 100% qualified to comment on this thread.

While splitting lanes, coming upon a turning / merging situation or people just coming into my lane, they usually have these common denominators:
1) A woman driver
2) A Shitty ass Mini-van, Prius or Tesla.

Most instances of 4-wheeled "Fuckery" that I've encountered in my travels have involved those cars.
And
I shit you not, 9 out of 10 times it's a woman behind the wheel of one of those types of cars that try & kill me.

FT

I mean it's a woman. They probably just made a wrong turn somewhere between the bedroom and the kitchen and are only flustered trying to find their way back....

I ride a bike also, ALL DRIVERS are equally shitty in Austin. I constantly find myself saying I felt safer splitting lanes in CA than I do having my own lane in TX

sintax

Reaction score
Prius without question

1000x yes!

At least 1/3 of the tesla drivers LOVE getting on their shit. I cant tell you how many times people try to run me at stop lights in a P100D, like i'm not wise to their shit or something.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I mean it's a woman. They probably just made a wrong turn somewhere between the bedroom and the kitchen and are only flustered trying to find their way back....

I ride a bike also, ALL DRIVERS are equally shitty in Austin. I constantly find myself saying I felt safer splitting lanes in CA than I do having my own lane in TX
Dude, didn't you realize that Austin is a safe haven for California liberal democrats?

C08H18

Reaction score
Driving between Bay Area and LA/PHX the Prius drivers park on the left lane at 75, Tesla drivers park in the right lane at 60. Both jam up the traffic but I get more irritated at left lane jammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score

Exactly. Thats why my wife doesnt drive nor ever will. She needs to keep her skills and attention to things that matter, like dinner!

Socalx09

Reaction score
I drove my cousins Tesla model x Sunday and I was a bit scared to drive it. The screen is massive and distracting. It seemed a bit hard to even adjust the temperate without looking too long. I don’t even have to look to turn my ac on or off. I’m guessing some of the Tesla drivers are trying to adjust things on the screen and get distracted. I learned it brakes for you in a way? I couldn’t get use to it. I didn’t like it. I couldn’t time the stop signs properly and would brake too hard. I’m sure you get use to it eventually. The second you release the gas, it seems to slow down more then average. My cousin was explaining it is for regenerative braking. My volt has that, but I have to press the brake for that. It was pretty cool, and fast. Just felt like there was way too much going on for me!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Prius because there are so darn many of them on the road.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The worst:
BMW drivers.
DFW drivers.

The absolute worst:
BMW drivers in DFW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

white tortilla

Reaction score
Driving between Bay Area and LA/PHX the Prius drivers park on the left lane at 75, Tesla drivers park in the right lane at 60. Both jam up the traffic but I get more irritated at left lane jammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice this a lot on the way to the river from LA the Tesla’s are cruising in the slow lane doing 65ish while flow of traffic is 70-75 in fast lane. I’m assuming they must be trying to stretch their battery life across the desert. Seems super inconvenient.

Heylam

Reaction score
Nothing worse then a Prius with a handicapped plate. Double death on wheels.

white tortilla

Reaction score
2D5B6C22-956F-4D82-A2AB-FA8523DA2355.jpeg
Let’s add the Volt to the list. Saw this last night.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I drove my cousins Tesla model x Sunday and I was a bit scared to drive it. The screen is massive and distracting. It seemed a bit hard to even adjust the temperate without looking too long. I don’t even have to look to turn my ac on or off. I’m guessing some of the Tesla drivers are trying to adjust things on the screen and get distracted. I learned it brakes for you in a way? I couldn’t get use to it. I didn’t like it. I couldn’t time the stop signs properly and would brake too hard. I’m sure you get use to it eventually. The second you release the gas, it seems to slow down more then average. My cousin was explaining it is for regenerative braking. My volt has that, but I have to press the brake for that. It was pretty cool, and fast. Just felt like there was way too much going on for me!
Could have had some extras on my Honda like the warnings if you veer out of the lane and some other crazy things. I had to sign a waiver to get them turned off. Kept the cameras, rear & back (wish it had a front camera) but breaking and all that other crap is too much for me and way too distracting!

riverroyal

Reaction score
so this is another issue I have with these cars. They slow at a faster rate than other cars. With NO brake lights. If your following and your used to seeing red lights when the car in front is slowing these Teslas dont do it. It causes me, you, to hit your brakes late, which then caused the person behind you to hit late, on and on.
Then the model 3 has tiny lame brake lights.

450grip

Reaction score
from a lane splitting motorcycle rider POV: tesla drivers are shitty. they are very distracted by the 24" pop up screen and they never move to the left to give room.

from a pick-up driver POV: i stuff them both if they can't figure out how to maintain speed in the #1 or 2 lane, but prius drivers seem to fluctuate between 60 and 75 more.
if there's a handicapped plate or hang tag, i don't bother waiting around to see.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I avoid everyone on the road, stupid drivers do not drive specific cars.
Jackass drivers do though.
Stupid drivers do shit unwittingly.
Jackass drivers do it purposely, cuz they believe they are special.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
most useless jobs

Life guard at Olympics
Ref at WWE match
Guy at BMW factory installing turn signals

Dave

Flatsix66

Reaction score
so this is another issue I have with these cars. They slow at a faster rate than other cars. With NO brake lights. If your following and your used to seeing red lights when the car in front is slowing these Teslas dont do it. It causes me, you, to hit your brakes late, which then caused the person behind you to hit late, on and on.
Then the model 3 has tiny lame brake lights.
The model 3 brake lights come on when slowing on regen, but if you lift and coast with regen you tend to slow more sooner than a normal car for sure. They tend to either be slowing hard or squirting away, pretty annoying if you tend to follow the car in front and you drive a big heavy truck that doesn't have the same dynamics. I think any of the cars with adaptive cruise control dont act natural in heavy traffic, they slow too soon and hard trying to keep a big gap.

Just wait for robo-taxis, that's going to be bazzar!

traquer

Reaction score
I've never seen a Tesla driver get on it.. Would love to see how quick they are.. Same goes for newer Vettes, Hellcats etc. California drivers don't just suck, they're a bunch of pussies.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
from a lane splitting motorcycle rider POV: tesla drivers are shitty. they are very distracted by the 24" pop up screen and they never move to the left to give room.

If a Tesla is on autopilot it will center in the lane, autopilot doesn't know about the douchebag behind it on the Road King lane splitting that expects the car to move over. If the driver tries to move over in the lane it will cancel autopilot and slow down.... Teslas have a camera that could detect what's coming up on the sides and move over in this situation, seems like it would be a good idea.

airplane-movie-autopilot-jpg.415816

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I've never seen a Tesla driver get on it.. Would love to see how quick they are.. Same goes for newer Vettes, Hellcats etc. California drivers don't just suck, they're a bunch of pussies.

Haven't seen me drive I guess. ;)

Our Model 3 isn't my daily driver so when I do drive it I definitely enjoy it to the fullest.
Entering the freeway from an on ramp is always exhilarating. :D

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
The toyotur, vw, suberoo, nissen drag race to the hammer lane then run a rolling road block is always enjoyable. The morons in their tesla don't last around here as -30C ends them quick

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Thats tough....lol

Honestly Corolla drivers scare me the most they are flat out shit drivers.

Depends what Prius owner some drive slow to save the planet and others drive like maniacs. Haven't really noticed Tesla owners being more douchy than BMW people yet.

I drive the OC Toll roads daily and 95% of everybody drives like assholes. Nobody ever moves to the right lane after a pass and it ruins a fairly empty road and angers me to the core.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Uber drivers are worse than all of them

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Living near Sacramento, I think we have the mecca of prius drivers. They are the worst. commonly doing "the prius maneuver" going low 60's in the left lane with everyone boiling around them. Tesla drivers haven't been too bad, usually just doing their thing like everyone else.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Prius is the worst. I know, I used to own one. I have since got rid of it and couldn't be happier. Never again!

TCHB

Reaction score
I drove a Prius for years It was a very nice little car and got expectional mileage.
100000 miles on battery was still at 98 percent.
Breaks were at 30 percent used.
Average gas mileage for the entire time was 45. The car was really quiet on the road. I loved the 9 gallon gas tank.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Uber drivers are worse than all of them

Got my first ride in a Prius home from LAX, Lyft ride.
Driver was good, didn't tailgate or holdup traffic in the ◇ lane.
Rear headroom lacked for this 6'2"er.