WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tesla solar vs other brands?

Turnup

Reaction score
I got spun out on solar research, Tesla solar panels @ 16.32kw is like $22k with no battery back ups after credits. Although I like the solar roof idea better but not the price plus I'm really not ready for a new roof but it may be considered 🤔
Is there better ways to go for a cash system?

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Just goto Palomar Solar. They do an incredible job. Andy is a straight shooter.
X2. Great guy, team and resource. He’ll tell you if a deal is solid.

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
Tesla solar will always leave you disappointed. They will over promise and underperform. Use Palomar if your in their territory. If not in Andy’s area he or I can suggest reputable solar companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnup

Reaction score
I'm open to listening to other deals on a purchase..

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I know little about the panels themselves.

But the lackeys Tesla hires to do installs are often idiots.

Just google “Tesla solar fires” [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BasilHayden

Reaction score
I'm open to listening to other deals on a purchase..

As said, I am happy to help, assuming you are reasonably within our service area. sector. That said hopefully you heard what Tpltrbl303 said,
Tesla is great if you like being disappointed and treated like a number. I always ask people to please do your research, its amazing what you can learn on the internet just by asking it about a company. When you research us you will find we do what we say for the price we quoted. Many of the RDP folks have used us, and they seem quite pleased. It never hurts to have the boss personally involved in your project as well and to have my guys know that you are a friend of RDP. They still wonder what that means but they know its BIG!

If you want reach out with a PM

Andy

River Runnin

Reaction score
All the best are in Texas & AZ! .... Just need to move for the best deal! ;)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I got spun out on solar research, Tesla solar panels @ 16.32kw is like $22k with no battery back ups after credits. Although I like the solar roof idea better but not the price plus I'm really not ready for a new roof but it may be considered 🤔
Is there better ways to go for a cash system?

Did you check out the Sol Ark or outback skybox?

UD

Jgarrison

Reaction score
I’d be happy to help as well. Been a solar contractor in the business for 18 years which is longer than most. What everyone else has said on here is true, tesla would be the last place I would recommend buying solar from. Someone else mentioned Palomar and they are a competitior of ours but a well respected company that will take care of you. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

WalterVandervort

Reaction score
Hi guys
I want to convert my 1000sq ft home to solar power. What all do I need? I am considering the service of ECO-WORTHY. Do you have any advice?

Last edited:

Jgarrison

Reaction score
I have never heard of Eco Worthy so probably a good idea to ask for references and check reviews. In regards to sizing the system, it’s not about the size of the house but how much power you use. They should be reviewing your past 12 month bill history and sizing a system based on your roof orientation to offset your usage. You shouldn’t be paying anything over about $3.50/watt for higher end equipment and can find it cheaper from there. Are you cash, finance or lease?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We need it here in Simi.
I'd just like a hit and run job. No drama.
It can't be rocket science here on Crankshaft manor.
The contractors want paperwork from Edison first and Edison facing a glut of solar doesn't want to cooperate.

Jgarrison

Reaction score
You can simply provide a copy of your bill to the contractor. SCE will have your 12 month average KWh usage on it to size the system correctly. From there your contractor files all of your NEM paperwork on your behalf and pays the $75 fee to SCE, other than Docusign a few docs and a little waiting after final inspection it should be pretty easy. SCE will typically take 7-14 days for permission to operate where SDG&E is usually just a couple days.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
You can simply provide a copy of your bill to the contractor. SCE will have your 12 month average KWh usage on it to size the system correctly. From there your contractor files all of your NEM paperwork on your behalf and pays the $75 fee to SCE, other than Docusign a few docs and a little waiting after final inspection it should be pretty easy. SCE will typically take 7-14 days for permission to operate where SDG&E is usually just a couple days.
Just for clarification
@Jgarrison who are you representing?

not saying your info Is incorrect but no question who Palomar is as I have been here for 10 years. I appreciate you haven’t talked us down, but you also haven’t said your company.

Jgarrison

Reaction score
I own SolarTech but wasn’t trying to represent anyone just trying to provide information to help someone navigate the process of going solar and make sure they don’t get a bad contractor since there are so many out there. I know a limited amount about Palomar Solar but have always known them to be a stand up company and certainly far from a bad one.