WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tesla's "Checkmate" move

Wedgy

Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea. Wow.
Yeah, Elon took some major flak over that Joe Rogan 420 episode, and I marvel at the Rockets that land standing up. On a barge. In the ocean. But that is a pedal to the metal mega shrewd business plan. Thanks for sharing!

zhandfull

Reaction score
Have mixed opinions on the guy and the company. Still not sure if he is brilliant or a fraud. Four quarters of profit doesn't mean much unless it happens year after year.

Here he is bashing the US and cozying up with the Chinese who will be stealing all his intellectual property.

Wedgy

Reaction score
I know whatcha mean. He's out there. But there's a saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good."
Mostly impressed by S&P500 move. And the 40 BILLION $ Operating capital. Cash poor is not where to be right now.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Have mixed opinions on the guy and the company. Still not sure if he is brilliant or a fraud. Four quarters of profit doesn't mean much unless it happens year after year.

Here he is bashing the US and cozying up with the Chinese who will be stealing all his intellectual property.

China is the next biggest car market behind the US. And it might even be bigger, I'm to lazy to go look it up.

He's gotta kiss up to Xi if he wants to sell cars there. Going around saying "China Sucks" will get him locked out. The party has that kind of power.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
American car company that makes cars in California. Seemed impossible, but he did it anyway.

noli

Reaction score

The test mission to the Int'l Space Station is now complete. The two astronauts are back on land safely. They were also test pilots as SpaceX has never had a manned space flight prior

Elon Musk saluting his hard working crew with champagne in hand for a very successful mission

a4.jpg

BigQ

Reaction score
We have a 3 in mind for my wife, but besides for the initial cost, it seems repairing them is a major issue. I think this may be where companies like Ford are going to start to eat away at Tesla, having the ability to repair the cars at local known dealers. Elon is a character for sure and I for one really like how he says whats on his mind and goes down his own path.

noli

Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

He's brilliant for sure. But the comments he made about China are bullshit.

Fuck him if he's gonna walk that talk.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
He's brilliant for sure. But the comments he made about China are bullshit.

Fuck him if he's gonna walk that talk.

Zerohedge isnt the most reliable source of info, so I'm real curious to hear how much of this was directed at local governments vs the actual line workers.

He's had to fight being shut down repeatedly and deal with Cali and NY red tape and has legitimate gripes on that front that aren't bullshit.

California basically chased him out of state..... like so may others.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Zerohedge isnt the most reliable source of info, so I'm real curious to hear how much of this was directed at local governments vs the actual line workers.

He's had to fight being shut down repeatedly and deal with Cali and NY red tape and has legitimate gripes on that front that aren't bullshit.

California basically chased him out of state..... like so may others.

Agreed. I read the same quotes somewhere else a few days ago. Didn't bother to read the linked article, cause I had already heard what he said.

Came off like he was pandering to the Chinese to me. Maybe he wants them to build his cars for pennies?

Who knows.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Dont bet against Muskie!
He will be Man of the Year.
He single handedly saved 2020.

noli

Reaction score

Tesla sues a Chinese Manufacturer

adam909

Reaction score
GM is coming around with some great looking EV's I believe in 2021. The caddilac EV looks pretty sexy. I think once the big manufacturers start producing some proven EV's. Tesla will be done. The biggest hassle with teslas from what I read is there service.

noli

Reaction score

I think that the biggest misconception about Elon Musk's Tesla is that people think Elon wants to take over the world with his vehicles , to be the evil lord

on the contrary, his goals have already been achieved....and that goal is to wake up the large automakers and turn ON their EV interests into production.

Elon dreams of a world that would begin to move away from ICE (internal combustion engine) and move towards sustainable energy powered vehicles (cars, buses, semi's)

so let's say Elon disappears today, the seed has already been put into place and has been proven that you can create fast, long range sports oriented vehicles today and not 10 years from now.

This would also allow for decreasing our reliance on oil, for one thing we won't need to protect our oil interests in the Middle East, and get our soldiers back home, another good is to begin using sustainable energy to power vehicles, to power our homes and factories.

Elon even wishes to share his technologies with large automakers (software , batteries, etc) so that they too become successful in the EV arena.

It won't be a success story if Elon is the only car manufacturer in the EV space. He wants the large automakers to also move in that direction so that if you prefer Ford electric vehicles, you can have Ford EV, if you like Cadillac EV because its sexier, then many others can have Cadillac EVs as well, etc

How about Elon's new service....to provide internet to all corners of the world so that we can all communicate and act as one for the good of humanity.

noli

Reaction score

this is the same ideology as anti-lock brakes

imagine if say Chevrolet was the only car maker with anti-lock brakes? Let's say I was driving a Chevy with antilock brakes, and I made an emergency stop. My car would be able to stop from 60 MPH to 0 MPH in say 40 feet. But the car behind me was driving a Ford, unfortunately Fords doesn't have anti-lock brakes (according to my scenario) and thus can only stop his vehicle in 60 feet because he lacks the anti-lock technology in his car. Boooom!

his Ford would crash in back of my car and possibly killing me and my passengers.

Thus, anti-lock brakes only works if we all have that technology and we can all stop at a similarly short distance.

this is the same for EV. what good is it if Tesla was the only EV in the market?

noli

Reaction score

The same goes for Elon's desire to go to Mars. If SpacesX is the only rocket technology that has interests to go to Mars, SpaceX would not be successful. We need all of the super power countries to also want to go to Mars , together, we can share technologies, scientists, disciplines of going to Mars to be able to colonize and live on Mars.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
GM is coming around with some great looking EV's I believe in 2021. The caddilac EV looks pretty sexy. I think once the big manufacturers start producing some proven EV's. Tesla will be done. The biggest hassle with teslas from what I read is there service.
What part of their service?

It took all of 10 minutes for me to sign my name on the dotted line last year when my car was delivered to my house.

I had a tech come to our house to rotate my tires and top off my windshield wiper fluid during scheduled maint.

I’ve had incredible service thus far.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

It isn't enough to make a great looking EV. Fisker did that.

It's got to perform in terms of miles per KWH..
Charge quickly enough to be a viable road trip vehicle.
Have a coast to coast charging network in place.
It needs to utilize a centralized computing core than runs the whole car.
....and the big one - it needs to be profitable and not subsidized by an ICE version of the vehicle.

The guy that bailed out of Audi - "we slept for the last ten years and are now paying the price."

Tesla is here to stay.