WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas bound

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Next stop Texas......we’ll, maybe a few stops on the way.
E671805E-D3DE-4782-B600-7287052A9C3A.jpeg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
What route are you taking? Just booked our flights in Feb and May to speak to builders and look at houses. :)

rrrr

Reaction score
Welcome but please remember why you left and do not try to change things here we like this way.

Hey J. J., haven't heard from you in a while. Have a Happy New Year.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
10 all the way till the split to Austin. Staying in Austin as it’s a middle
point between San Antonio and north of Austin.

doing the same. I want land, 10 acres wife wants neighbors.
I get it. I want space as well, but the wife wants less than an acre, gated, and the neighborhood feel. We’ll see what we end up with.

copterzach

Reaction score
Moving your business also? Can the business be done from home? Or will you need to be close a city/people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
10 all the way till the split to Austin. Staying in Austin as it’s a middle
point between San Antonio and north of Austin.

doing the same. I want land, 10 acres wife wants neighbors.

You missed the land boat two years ago in that area... pricing went stupid. We live in New Braunfels...we love the area for the most part...but will be leaving for land elsewhere.

Shoot me a PM, I've worked all around the area and would be glad to give you realtor and builders names we've worked with.

We come back to texas Tuesday, were up in washington at our cabin right now (snow galore lol). Were in town till the 10th then flying to MT to hopefully sign docs on a ranch we have been dreaming about.

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
South of San Antonio. But my broker is in Fredericksburg.

If you, or anyone else, is looking for a good dog White Deer Kennels/Preserve turns out some great hounds.

CHEETAH24

Reaction score
Make sure you stop at buc-ces On the way up 35 in New Braunfels. You will see the signs. A gas station you’ll never forget.
We looked south of Austin before deciding on Georgetown. About 30 miles north of Austin.

copterzach

Reaction score
Make sure you stop at buc-ces On the way up 35 in New Braunfels. You will see the signs. A gas station you’ll never forget.
We looked south of Austin before deciding on Georgetown. About 30 miles north of Austin.

When I graduated from Texas A&M I went to work for Round Rock FD. Dell computers was just moving there. I quit after 3 years and learned to fly. We had an apartment in Taylor, Tx.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m in San Antonio well Canyon Lake.... it’s close. If I can be of help reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Moving your business also? Can the business be done from home? Or will you need to be close a city/people?

yes business as well. Have a 20k flex building We have leased forever now looking at buying. But want to find a place we would like to live then a building.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

My wife will not let me go there alone...that she knows of. From grills, to clothes, to hunting gear and beer you can get it all. I can get in trouble in that place fast.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Please let me know if we can show you anything. I posted two gated high end subdivisions that my broker is partners in.

Cool thx. We are visiting a couple in New Braunfels as well.

I’ll let you know if we see something. Not working with anyone right now on homes. But do have some one looking at commercial.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

know buc-ees well. Kids love the place and well so do I. Can’t walk out of the place less than $80. Not counting fuel.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Let’s go to Luchenbach, Tx.... Springhaven - Luckenbach, TX | LandRight | Land, Done Right. https://www.landright.com/property/springhaven/

Springhaven - Luckenbach, TX | LandRight | Land, Done Right. https://www.landright.com/property/springhaven/

That would be the place for me. The wife on the other hand wants to see people not so far away and have the kids not so isolated from other kids. lol. Gonna need to find the happy medium.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Y’all need to swing through El Campo and stop by Prasek’s.

I've had it, They sell it at HEB in New Braunfels... It does not ship well..too moist (ask me how I know lol)

rrrr

Reaction score
I’m in San Antonio well Canyon Lake.... it’s close. If I can be of help reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a nice lake and the countryside is beautiful around there.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Cool thx. We are visiting a couple in New Braunfels as well.

I’ll let you know if we see something. Not working with anyone right now on homes. But do have some one looking at commercial.

You will like new Braunfels...theres a lot of high end real estate around.. convincing my wife to move thousands of miles with 1 kid at the time an another coming wasn't simple. I'd visited the area a lot over a 5 year period with work. Swing through on a Saturday...Krause's has a farmers market that's legit, lots to do in town as well. Landa park is pretty bitchin, my dogs love it there. We live close to Gruene Hall and spend a lot of time over there since we are into music. Up off 46 is where a lot of what you are looking for will be.. Watch your real estate agents...some of them are real snakes...we filtered through several. Texas is great, it has little regulation but that also can create real issues in terms of conflicts.. I'll leave it at that. If we are in town, we'd be happy to show you around, introduce your to some people and buy some beers. Just let us know.

Lake travis is a good spot to boat..we've had two boats up there. Im not a fan of the lakes closer to the area..dirty water and underwater obstructions etc. We've put close to 10k miles on the new mega cab going to havasu already for a reason since early September..

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Let’s go to Luchenbach, Tx.... Springhaven - Luckenbach, TX | LandRight | Land, Done Right. https://www.landright.com/property/springhaven/

Springhaven - Luckenbach, TX | LandRight | Land, Done Right. https://www.landright.com/property/springhaven/

I've rode my bike there a couple times
That would be the place for me. The wife on the other hand wants to see people not so far away and have the kids not so isolated from other kids. lol. Gonna need to find the happy medium.

Jester King Brewery in Spicewood is that medium youre looking for. Family friendly

Cdog

Reaction score
I've had it, They sell it at HEB in New Braunfels... It does not ship well..too moist (ask me how I know lol)

Have you guys tried the Slovacs sausage? The jalapeño beef is awesome. They have a store gas station off of the 35 & sell it at HEB’s too.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I've rode my bike there a couple times

Jester King Brewery in Spicewood is that medium youre looking for. Family friendly

Jester king is the beacon of liberalism... You must provide info for their "Covid" tracking, have a reservation etc. FUCK those clowns.. 12 fox down the road is veteran owned, has a playground etc. Has better beer too.. I will NEVER step foot back at jester king over how they made fun of an older guy for not "knowing" their new rules. Fuck them again just to make it very clear.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Jester king is the beacon of liberalism... You must provide info for their "Covid" tracking, have a reservation etc. FUCK those clowns.. 12 fox down the road is veteran owned, has a playground etc. I will NEVER step foot back at jester king about how they made fun of an older guy for not "knowing" their new rules. Fuck them again just to make it very clear.

I haven't been since before covid, so that ends that I guess! Lol. I think it might be time to move to east TX :(

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I haven't been since before covid, so that ends that I guess! Lol. I think it might be time to move to east TX :(

We're on the MT train I think as soon as we can make it work with incomes..Trying to work a deal on a ranch now and sit on it till we can go. TX especially the I-35 corridor is becoming liberal California more than people realize. My wife was born in OC, and calls the Lakeway area mini-OC. Too bad they can't scoop up the whole region and dump it out west of Odessa and leave that shit to rot...it may save texas..

We watched how the "hostess" treated people, observed and declined to be seated..we will NEVER go back.

Try 12 fox, great people, great beer, and the kids have a place to hang out and leave us the hell alone hahaha

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
We're on the MT train I think as soon as we can make it work with incomes..Trying to work a deal on a ranch now and sit on it till we can go. TX especially the I-35 corridor is becoming liberal California more than people realize. My wife was born in OC, and calls the Lakeway area mini-OC. Too bad they can't scoop up the whole region and dump it out west of Odessa and leave that shit to rot...it may save texas..

Try 12 fox, great people, great beer, and the kids have a place to hang out and leave us the hell alone hahaha

I absolutely will. I'm in Steiner Ranch and couldn't agree more with your wife, Lakeway feels just like North OC. Big flashy houses with big flashy trucks