WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas life

shock22

Reaction score
Well now that I am in Texas for work for an while looking for some were to live. This weekend will be looking at places at Lake Whitney, Richard Chambers , and Cedar Creek. Any good bad or ugly about these places, are any better than others input appreciated

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well now that I am in Texas for work for an while looking for some were to live. This weekend will be looking at places at Lake Whitney, Richard Chambers , and Cedar Creek. Any good bad or ugly about these places, are any better than others input appreciated

Just set up residency in Boerne. Its in the Hill Country. Very nice and close to San Antonio for when needed.

Don't know how close you are to that but if close check it out

MooreMoney

Reaction score
@shock22 do you have to live in that area of Texas or can you live anywhere in the state? My wife and I moved to Texas 4 years ago from Manhattan beach and we have never looked back. We will never go back to California unless forced.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
@shock22 do you have to live in that area of Texas or can you live anywhere in the state? My wife and I moved to Texas 4 years ago from Manhattan beach and we have never looked back. We will never go back to California unless forced.
We are looking hard at Texas where did you guys end up?

shock22

Reaction score
Pretty much anywhere, right now the company is in Dallas and will be moving to Austin in about an year or two. Buying an sm house for now cheaper than rent. In an couple of years will look at permanent large house going to look at some waterfront properties Sunday on the three different lakes listed above just wondering pros and cons on these lakes

beaverfab

Reaction score
Lake Whitney is a Flood controle lake no homes right on the lake no docks. Probably cheaper than the other lakes.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Pretty much anywhere, right now the company is in Dallas and will be moving to Austin in about an year or two. Buying an sm house for now cheaper than rent. In an couple of years will look at permanent large house going to look at some waterfront properties Sunday on the three different lakes listed above just wondering pros and cons on these lakes

Hasn't Auston become Ultra Liberal?🤔

XX14

Reaction score
We live in Spring Branch about 15 minutes from Canyon Lake. We’re about 30 minutes from Boerne. As far as lakes go I really enjoyed Whitney. We like living a short distance from the lake. We built on a 1.3 acre lot and have a 40’ garage so from hook up to launch ramp is about 20 minutes. Canyon lake is a nice lake but on the smaller side if you want to explore a bit. I’ve always thought Texoma would be a nice place to retire to although it gets colder there. You may want to explore buying some land and building later? Buy the land and control that cost because it’s only going up. Welcome to Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Yes. I don't go downtown if I can at all avoid it these days. NW Austin is still very conservative but the rest of Travis County is lost.

Honestly all I know about it other than hear say and what I have read is "Austin City Limits" :)

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Honestly all I know about it other than hear say and what I have read is "Austin City Limits" :)

Its a warm San Francisco. The only thing that keeps this city in check is our conservative governor. No ACL this year 😟

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I think those lakes had some major flooding s few years ago. Docks and houses were washed away.
Personally I like fall Fort Worth area if I could live anywhere. We have a office in flower mound and it’s a awesome area.

I am in houston and work in the medical field. The houston medical center really is the epicenter for hospitals and healthcare.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I wish I could take our whole street and put it in Texas. I want to move but I love my location and my neighbors. I don’t have anything good to add I just like to look at these threads and dream.

PDQH20

Reaction score
30-45 minutes north of Dallas is a great area to live. Land available at reasonable prices, still fairly close to civilization, mostly conservative viewpoints and yet far away enough to be by yourself. For a few years at least. If you can, get into county rather than city; less bureaucracy and much more freedom to do what you want.

If you're going to telecommute, the more rural you get, the more you'll need to research your internet 'options'.