WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas Style Enchiladas

Xring01

Reaction score
60BB9FFB-DE7C-4ADD-B962-FE654ADAA328.jpeg
F4AE381E-E718-44F0-8CF7-45D9FCA1175B.jpeg
What do you do with left over smoked chili, left over taco meat, and half dozen corn tortillas..

This is how my mom made enchiladas..

Lightly fry the tortilla, fill with taco meat, cheese and onions, roll it up. Place in a pan, thats been coated with a bit of spray oil, and a thin layer chili.

Repeat until pan is full or you run out of stuff... lay enchiladas side by side, then put chili on top of all of them... then top it off with more cheese..

Put in oven for 25-30 mins at 350-375

And eat em

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
That looks good it’s right up my alley....

I would add some shreds and a dollop of sour cream and some salsa!

Xring01

Reaction score
That looks good it’s right up my alley....

I would add some shreds and a dollop of sour cream and some salsa!

My chili is on the spicy side.. not sure the salsa would be noticed...:cool:

Reactions: DLC

Xring01

Reaction score
Before I get called out for my sin...

I will do my best to justify my lapse in judgement...

We all know there is no beans in chili.. we can all see the beans in my pics above...

To clarify how this travesty occurred... My daughter and her friends where over for dinnner and demanded that I add beans to the chili... so i cooked the chili without beans... pulled about half the chili into another pot.. and added beans to the other half..

My son and I ate all of the no bean chili... look which batch had left overs... the bean batch...

So enough said,, chili should not have beans.. obviously cause the girls wouldnt eat the left overs..

I had to do something with it, so it became enchiladas..

Please forgive me for this terrible mistake, lesson learned, it will never happen again.

Hopefully my RDP man card will remain intact.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Before I get called out for my sin...

I will do my best to justify my lapse in judgement...

We all know there is no beans in chili.. we can all see the beans in my pics above...

To clarify how this travesty occurred... My daughter and her friends where over for dinnner and demanded that I add beans to the chili... so i cooked the chili without beans... pulled about half the chili into another pot.. and added beans to the other half..

My son and I ate all of the no bean chili... look which batch had left overs... the bean batch...

So enough said,, chili should not have beans.. obviously cause the girls wouldnt eat the left overs..

I had to do something with it, so it became enchiladas..

Please forgive me for this terrible mistake, lesson learned, it will never happen again.

Hopefully my RDP man card will remain intact.
Anyone that knows beans about chili knows there ain’t beans in chili;)

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
View attachment 716496 View attachment 716497 What do you do with left over smoked chili, left over taco meat, and half dozen corn tortillas..

This is how my mom made enchiladas..

Lightly fry the tortilla, fill with taco meat, cheese and onions, roll it up. Place in a pan, thats been coated with a bit of spray oil, and a thin layer chili.

Repeat until pan is full or you run out of stuff... lay enchiladas side by side, then put chili on top of all of them... then top it off with more cheese..

Put in oven for 25-30 mins at 350-375

And eat em

Don't be posting this bullshit while we're on the RDP diet!!! Damn it!!! I'm gonna be dreaming of these all day!

Xring01

Reaction score
Damn... I want to make this again tonight...

but Keto diet.... need a substitute for corn tortillas?.....

got some research to do

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I've had chile of all kinds from multiple regions of the country. Styles and rules be damned, if it tastes good, enjoy.

Having been born in the north, chile had beans, red kidney beans. And it was good. Returning to my southern roots, I've been making it in various fashions for years. Made it in FL with home grown jalapeños, so spicy only the Mexican field hands could appreciate it. Made version in GA that bore are resemblance to their favorite Brunswick Stew and it was loved by all.

In TX I've done with venison, chicken, beef, pork, and combos of all. With bean and without. Spicy as hell and tame and sweet with bite. With corn and hominy and various peppers. The common reaction has always been, "Damn, I want more!"

Texas Monthly state ritual and rule expert, the Texican, confessed he'd sinned breaking the Texas law by adding beans. Guilt ridden, he still could not stop. Beans were added as his new normal.

With that being said, we serve our Chile w/Beans on a very regular basis at the restaurant. And it goes fast with compliments. So fret not, another tradition dies.. Beans are an acceptable vice.....:eek::D;)

Xring01

Reaction score
I've had chile of all kinds from multiple regions of the country. Styles and rules be damned, if it tastes good, enjoy.

Having been born in the north, chile had beans, red kidney beans. And it was good. Returning to my southern roots, I've been making it in various fashions for years. Made it in FL with home grown jalapeños, so spicy only the Mexican field hands could appreciate it. Made version in GA that bore are resemblance to their favorite Brunswick Stew and it was loved by all.

In TX I've done with venison, chicken, beef, pork, and combos of all. With bean and without. Spicy as hell and tame and sweet with bite. With corn and hominy and various peppers. The common reaction has always been, "Damn, I want more!"

Texas Monthly state ritual and rule expert, the Texican, confessed he'd sinned breaking the Texas law by adding beans. Guilt ridden, he still could not stop. Beans were added as his new normal.

With that being said, we serve our Chile w/Beans on a very regular basis at the restaurant. And it goes fast with compliments. So fret not, another tradition dies.. Beans are an acceptable vice.....:eek::D;)

You and I agree on most things on this forum..

On this subject. YOUR WRONG :mad:

My reasoning is simple...
Go to someones house who serves Vegetarian Chili... BULLSHIT...
Chili, means meat....

If the is no meat, you cannot call it Chili....

Now if someone wants to serve Chili with Beans, then its called Chili and Beans... NOT CHILI..

Basic Texan 101 type shit... all Texan fully understand.

You have truly dissappointed me here...

You lose at least 2 man points for this transgression..

I made my mistake, I admitted it, and I begged for forgiveness and promised to never do it again..

But you make this mistake over and over again.. never learned... never..

Its a sad day. :(

Last edited:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Never made it with no meat........Always got meat.:eek:

Sorry t disappoint, but the Texanist ruled on the amendment to Texas law.:D

For true tradition, I do offer the occasional urn of "Texas Red", rich an dark and curse ground beef and venison. ;)