WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Texas Sux

rrrr

Reaction score
Where abouts is Lewisville?

It's a suburb north of Dallas on Interstate 35. The lake is bisected by the freeway. It's a nice lake, pretty decent sized and has a good social atmosphere. I go to Lavon, it's about ten miles east of Lewisville.

PK has some beautiful cliffs and is a really nice lake.

The schools are good in Frisco and McKinney, both of which are suburbs between Lavon and Lewisville. Both cities have been built out in the last few years and are essentially new with great shopping, housing, police and fire protection, and other amenities.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
It's a suburb north of Dallas on Interstate 35. The lake is bisected by the freeway. It's a nice lake, pretty decent sized and has a good social atmosphere. I go to Lavon, it's about ten miles east of Lewisville.

PK has some beautiful cliffs and is a really nice lake.

Gotcha. Heard really good things about McKinney but TDCJ recruiter told me Dallas area is filled up and hard to get into. Kinda nice to be away from the metroplex anyway. I'm ready for some country living.

rrrr

Reaction score
Housing is really tight here. There is less than a 30 day supply on the market and houses sell the same day they are listed. You can buy in Prosper and Celina, they are north of McKinney and Frisco, still in the country.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Housing is really tight here. There is less than a 30 day supply on the market and houses sell the same day they are listed. You can buy in Prosper and Celina, they are north of McKinney and Frisco, still in the country.

Need a job. And good schools. I'll check those areas out of something opens that way but for now it's Abilene or Central Texas north of Austin.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Cool to visit but don't want to live there. A little north from Salado to Waco would probably be great but we just can't get over the schools.

One of the hard things about leaving here is that our kids school (minus the common core garbage) is awesome. People clawing to get their kids in.

What school? I know u aren't far from me[emoji4]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That's literally right around the corner from me. We walk the dog and my son by there everyday. I'm on Barbara st

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Need a job. And good schools. I'll check those areas out of something opens that way but for now it's Abilene or Central Texas north of Austin.

Have you checked out Georgetown?

pkbullet

Reaction score
We are currently building a home on Pk. If you take 351 you are only slightly over an hour to the westside of the lake from Abilene.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 41

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
We are currently building a home on Pk. If you take 351 you are only slightly over an hour to the westside of the lake from Abilene.

Bichen. Even better. More excited now. Going to leave Central as an option and see where God leads us.

You"ll know when we show up to PK. I'm sure there aren't many West Coast Customs dropping the hammer out on that lake.

pkbullet

Reaction score
You are right about that, mostly cruisers and wakeboard boats. Their are a couple of MTI's, Howards , Eliminators, and one DCB.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 46

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Yep, only way to keep everyone in the family happy.

Nice. Gonna do it in one boat. Wife wants to put the tower on our boat. Have to start looking into that. Probably better options and cheaper to have it done in Havasu.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Nice. Gonna do it in one boat. Wife wants to put the tower on our boat. Have to start looking into that. Probably better options and cheaper to have it done in Havasu.

We tried having only one boat but most of our time is spend boarding and surfing and nothing does it better than a roll bar boat.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
We tried having only one boat but most of our time is spend boarding and surfing and nothing does it better than a roll bar boat.

True but I don't have that kinda dough. I'm a lot closer than your DCB though as mines a 24 foot V. Don't need bags and such as I'm not that good. A tower will be nice for storage and to get a higher tow point.

screaming pete

Reaction score
the area around Lewisville, The Colony, McKinney is all real nice building going on everywhere.. houses that were 60k a year ago are 130k now and getting snapped up for rentals. local mom and pops places are starting to build up for the growth and chains coming in everywhere. and you drive around and the places is clean ....they even have a trash day for junk you would normally have to take to a dump yourself...just put it at the curb...:thumbup:

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
the area around Lewisville, The Colony, McKinney is all real nice building going on everywhere.. houses that were 60k a year ago are 130k now and getting snapped up for rentals. local mom and pops places are starting to build up for the growth and chains coming in everywhere. and you drive around and the places is clean ....they even have a trash day for junk you would normally have to take to a dump yourself...just put it at the curb...:thumbup:

Yeah I hear great stuff may work for PROnstar. For me I can't stand the line of work I'm in. Looking to start over. Want some sort of LEO. Yeah yeah I know. Anyhow I'm on the referred list for the Fed prison in Big Spring (Not hopeful it's going to happen though as I'm not a vet) but I'm also in for Texas State. This can happen as they are short over 2500 CO's nationwide. Dallas area is filled up but Abilene is open and their are bonus units in Colorado City which is even closer to Abilene than Bog Spring which is good because the state pay is really low. Overtime is the name of the game as well as benefits. Also Central Texas but no bonus and more expensive housing and they don't have the schools like Abilene unless I go to someplace like Dripping Springs which is super expensive and just too close to Austin for me.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Things are looking more and more positive for my transfer to Dallas. Won't know for sure until end of the year, though. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

Would be cool to start a RiverDave's Place - Texas Chapter, with all of you hooligans. We'll definitely be in the market for another boat...a real boat this time LOL

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Things are looking more and more positive for my transfer to Dallas. Won't know for sure until end of the year, though. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

Would be cool to start a RiverDave's Place - Texas Chapter, with all of you hooligans. We'll definitely be in the market for another boat...a real boat this time LOL

Sounds awesome. We'll need our own section. And no Grads can't be mod. In fact he'll be banned.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
JR.jpg If you move to Dallas, we will now know who shot JR...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Now you are just bragging.

Here's what is going on in Texas:

The petroleum industry accounts for just 11% of Texas' economy. That's down from over 40% just before the last collapse in oil prices in the 1980s.

State Farm is moving into a $1.5 billion complex in Richardson, just south of Plano. Moving into Plano in the next two years: Toyota, 4,000 jobs. Toyota suppliers/subcontractors, 2,000 jobs. FedEx, 2,000 jobs. Liberty Mutual, 5,000 jobs. Hilti North America, 1,500 jobs. That's all in just one suburb of Dallas with a population of 270,000. I won't bother enumerating the huge number of tech jobs being generated in the Austin area. There has been over 3 million square feet of data center facilities built in the area since 2012.

Just over 100,000 people move to Texas every month.

Then there are these interesting facts:

So Obama wouldn't have much to brag about without Texas, would he?

The unemployment rate in Texas is 4.4%. Between February 2014 and February 2015, Texas total nonfarm employment increased by 357,300 jobs or 3.13 percent.

Here's a snippet from Wikipedia:

In 2015 Texas manufacturing exports totaled $30.2 billion, the most in the United States. California was in second place with $16.1 billion.

We have a balanced budget, a huge surplus in the rainy day fund, and the per capita state debt is among the lowest in the country.

And to top it all off, the lakes are filling up. It has rained a bunch in the last three months, the lake I go to has risen 9 feet since February 21st. We got 2.4 inches of rain last night, the lake has gone up up 3 inches so far today. It's almost at normal pool. It's the same all over North Texas.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I love stephenville , tx. I can tell you that if u are from so cal and you move to Texas you will fit right in. The mentality is the same in so cal as in Texas.

You both think your better than the rest of the other states. [emoji2]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I love stephenville , tx. I can tell you that if u are from so cal and you move to Texas you will fit right in. The mentality is the same in so cal as in Texas.

You both think your better than the rest of the other states. [emoji2]

...and both right

72Hondo

Reaction score
Texas is closed now! Moved here four years ago and everything has doubled and tripled in size.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Texas is closed now! Moved here four years ago and everything has doubled and tripled in size.

Hence why I'm kinda more stoked about Abilene than Austin. Don't want transplant city problems. I bet Boschma up in the panhandle has no issues with growth.

Still though if I wanted city then Dallas or Austin is a million times better than SoCal.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Hence why I'm kinda more stoked about Abilene than Austin. Don't want transplant city problems. I bet Boschma up in the panhandle has no issues with growth.

Still though if I wanted city then Dallas or Austin is a million times better than SoCal.

So true. East Texas is still the same, canton quitman and winnsboro area. Very peaceful out there. Except for the wild bores, fuck em.

Make sure you visit, first Monday's in Canton. Biggest flee market in the state of Texas! I probably go about 5/6 times a year.

stickman07

Reaction score
Austin area. My brother moved last year and my parents are moving now. In escrow. We are looking outside in real Texas though. Some land and away from the liberals. Gotta run down to Hondo on Thursday for test. Probably going to do San Antonio one day.

At Capitol now. Had to run and put gun in my truck. CHL bypass lane is only for Texas CHL. [emoji22]

Sooooo over California.

Just saw your msg the other day... Hit me up & we'll grab a beer. We're about an hour north of Austin. I work in Georgetown every 3 days.

stickman07

Reaction score
Thanks. If I go Central It looks like I'll be stationed in Gatesville or Marlin. Don't really want to commute more than an hour. And I mean flat open driving commute. No traffic commute or I'll be on the other side of the bars.

If your gonna be in Gatesville that's about 30 minutes from us. We hunt there all the time in the choppa. Takes about 5 min in it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429594698.774889.jpg

stickman07

Reaction score
Yes. Not in person but on my home search I find awesome stuff we can afford all the time. Problem is the schools aren't very good.

Schools are great in Belton. It's where my taxes go from our crib. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429594824.495039.jpg

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score

haha nope! our town is 1009 people and shrinking....kinda sad actually. I wish I lived closer to Lubbock though. It reminds me of southern Ca when I was younger. Lots of new stuff, but not crazy busy. Plus lake Alan Henry is only an hour away.... now its two:grumble:

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
haha nope! our town is 1009 people and shrinking....kinda sad actually. I wish I lived closer to Lubbock though. It reminds me of southern Ca when I was younger. Lots of new stuff, but not crazy busy. Plus lake Alan Henry is only an hour away.... now its two:grumble:

I might be crazy but I could totally do a small town Mayberry style. Only problem is kids though. Not only schools but we don't want to make it so they'll end up moving far away when they are older.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Just saw your msg the other day... Hit me up & we'll grab a beer. We're about an hour north of Austin. I work in Georgetown every 3 days.

We talked back in November. Unfortunately you were on the cruise when I was out so we couldn't meet up. I'll take you up in the beer next time. Would have loved to get North of Austin a bit and check things out.

I changed my preferences with TDCJ to include facilities that I could live in Abilene so we'll see where I end up if I get it.

I've searched around Belton but what we are looking for doesn't come up often near one of the good schools but we keep looking. Will get it figured out once the job comes through.

Id love to helicopter hunt one day. Even if I end up in Abilene I'd be what maybe two hours from you. Only problem is its going to be a loooooong while before I can afford 800 bucks an hour.

rrrr

Reaction score
I changed my preferences with TDCJ to include facilities that I could live in Abilene so we'll see where I end up if I get it.

If you can, avoid Big Spring. It's in the middle of nowhere, hot, and in the middle of nowhere. It's hot, too.

:p

stickman07

Reaction score
I should let ya talk to a few guys I work with that came here from Abilene area before ya make that decision... Just say'n. Let me know what it is your lookin' for and I'll ask around / see what I can shake up. There's some awesome deals where we live right now & cost of living is the lowest in the state according to Texas Monthly. Sent ya a PM with my # so give me a ring if ya like. I've lived all over this Great state over the last 40 years & would be glad to help ya out.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
If you can, avoid Big Spring. It's in the middle of nowhere, hot, and in the middle of nowhere. It's hot, too.

:p

Big Spring was the Fed opening but I'd drive from Abilene. Actually TDCJ is Colorado City or Snyder in which I'd drive from Abilene as well.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I might be crazy but I could totally do a small town Mayberry style. Only problem is kids though. Not only schools but we don't want to make it so they'll end up moving far away when they are older.

That's what has happened here. The 20-40 year old generation is completely missing.
We hope to move to Lubbock or just outside of there someday.