WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thank god for health insurance!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
We totaled up my medical bills for this calendar year and they are in excess of $500,000. :eek: We have paid out of pocket $2000. I seriously don't know what we would do without insurance.🙏

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I swear... if someone falls for this I’m going to start banning MF’rs

[emoji51]
I thought Greg's wife had a super sweet white collar gig which he benefits from. I would not be surprised.
Salaried employees vs hourly is night and day. The hourly employees typically subsidize the people in clean clothes.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I pay over $2200 a month out of pocket for United Healthcare HMO (family of 4). My son has spent over a week in ICU at Loma Linda twice. He has been a total of three times. It is always a massive infection that they just throw every possible antibiotic at it and pray. They have yet to pinpoint the cause. I will never come close to paying what his bills have totalled up to.

rcmike

Reaction score
We totaled up my medical bills for this calendar year and they are in excess of $500,000. :eek: We have paid out of pocket $2000. I seriously don't know what we would do without insurance.🙏
So you are the reason the rest of us pay so much.. Thanks for the bills..

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've spent 13 days in the hospital this year, most of those in the ICU...that ain't cheap.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 2018 when the individual mandate was removed, you can now buy non-ACA compliant plans. We were paying $1,350/month for 2 of us, $40 copay, $3,500 deductible each!, and once it's met they only pay 70/30 up to $8K out of pocket each, but it was "compliant". Our new plan is through UHC and costs $830/mo. (we both have some pre-existing crap) and it is $0 co-pay, $0 deductible, 80/20 up to $3000 max combined. It also includes AD&D, accident insurance and vision. The catch is, it does not cover gender reassignment, lactation consulting, pre-natal, drug or alcohol rehab, among other things we don't need. Our daughter got the same plan including pre-natal, etc. for just $286/mo! It is a group plan administered by UHC and sold under USHG and you can start up any time of year. Now I can afford to get my other knee replaced (Oct. 27!).

Thank you Trump!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have one of the kids on Covered California at reasonable cost. Blue Shield PPO is the provider.

Niece works at Starbucks and has a good plan too. She earns it. What a concept.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I didn’t know god provided health insurance... interesting.

CobraDave

Reaction score
And if we had socialized medicine here, you likely would have only been in hospital for one day...you hit the lotto living in the USA.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

They would tell him just drink drink water! The cure all for the Army that’s for sure.

Glad you’re doing better Grads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Sounds cheap for what you’ve been through this year.
Must be HMO?

Debs averaged about $1.5 million per year, depending on if there was a treatment change.
BUT...in network discount would typically drop a single treatment invoice from around $200K to about $15K.
Depending on facility. Stanford and Blue Shield parted ways after she was there 2 years, then we went UC Davis.

Her monthly premium was up to $900 a month. Blue Shield individual PPO that I paid 100% out of pocket. (I’d pay that before I’d pay the rent) $4000 deductible that I would typically pay by the first week in January.
I once saw a single treatment invoice from Stanford for $260K.
The lesson here is NEVER let your insurance lapse. Ever. If I had changed her insurance at any point leading up to Ocare she would have lost that policy. She was an agent, and knew that we would lose her grandfathered status of her policy even before it was implemented, and she was right. I ended up dropping my individual PPO and going employee instead of 1099 for the group plan.
But switching hers was out of the question. She would have lost that carte blanch treatment.

I haven’t worked in a long time, but I’m paying my $528 a month for cobra.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
UNION!! My health insurance has come into play a lot.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Had the Blue Shield PPO with the $900 monthly premium for just me. Got diagnosed with cancer the month before I turned 65. That month was $10k out of pocket. Went on Medicare with a Blue Shield supplement and I didn’t pay a dime after that. One advantage of being older.

Singleton

Reaction score

you have a company funded health plan through your wife’s company.
big difference then those self employed looking for insurance

Jimmyv

Reaction score
41yrs old, Previously perfectly healthy, and diagnosed with leukemia in January. Billed 1.6M so far and haven’t seen the invoice for a 30 day in-patient stay and bone marrow transplant yet (gunna be ’yuuuge).

Blue shield PPO, couple thousand out of pocket and I’m done paying. More importantly, I could choose to go to City of Hope in Duarte Ca rather than getting stuck in Kaiser or some other system. Thankful for the team and facility that treats me, and happy I never cheaped-out on coverage. Without it I’d be bankrupt or dead.

Instead, I’m alive, enjoying the time with my family and looking forward to getting back out in the water/desert 👍

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't even want to go into the costs of the bullshit Obama care that we had as our only option in California. Between the premiums and co-pays, it equated to damn near a 2nd mortgage. It was one of the many reasons we left California.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I first had health insurance Jan 1, 2017.
Nine days later, open heart surgery.
$750+k... I got lucky i had health insurance.

Dan'l

bogeygolf

Reaction score
41yrs old, Previously perfectly healthy, and diagnosed with leukemia in January. Billed 1.6M so far and haven’t seen the invoice for a 30 day in-patient stay and bone marrow transplant yet (gunna be ’yuuuge).

Blue shield PPO, couple thousand out of pocket and I’m done paying. More importantly, I could choose to go to City of Hope in Duarte Ca rather than getting stuck in Kaiser or some other system. Thankful for the team and facility that treats me, and happy I never cheaped-out on coverage. Without it I’d be bankrupt or dead.

Instead, I’m alive, enjoying the time with my family and looking forward to getting back out in the water/desert 👍
Best of luck to you with your treatment. My 27 year old son is 5 years post bone marrow transplant for AML. We are over 7 million billed to BCBS of Texas, my son would be dead without the coverage.

I would recommend City of Hope for treatment over Kaiser, all of our treatment has been at UCSD and has been excellent.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... United Health Care‘s Senior Advantage Health Plan covered me though my broken neck deal even bough I broke it before they signed me up???... Not sure how that worked???...I got turned onto this plan by two different friends one worked as a film editor and was a cancer patient the other had a similar neck surgery to mine...$0 co-pay for each of us???...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I swear... if someone falls for this I’m going to start banning MF’rs

[emoji51]

fish.gif

BajaMike

Reaction score

is this a Biden add?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Best of luck to you with your treatment. My 27 year old son is 5 years post bone marrow transplant for AML. We are over 7 million billed to BCBS of Texas, my son would be dead without the coverage.

I would recommend City of Hope for treatment over Kaiser, all of our treatment has been at UCSD and has been excellent.

Yep.
Over 5 years Debs added up to exactly that $7.5 mill give or take a few hundy.

BSCA. PPO.
We watched people fall by the wayside due to Ocare, and saw others show up to treatment due to Ocare.
As you know, you kind of get to know the people in treatment around you. Having that BS card was the key to uninterrupted top tier treatment. We could have easily have lost that policy if Deb didn’t know how to prevent losing it.
She did a lot of classes for her annual licensing test regarding Ocare and knew exactly how to retain that policy.

4Waters

Reaction score

Keep up the fight 👍

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
All I have is a $20. Copay and I don’t pay anything for my Health Ins and it covers my entire family.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
‘Mm

AML, exactly what I have, scary stuff. Glad to hear your son has made it past the five year mark. Its my understanding most AML transplant patients that make it to years 4/5 are generally considered cured, and I know a few who have now put 25/35 years behind them.
So far, so good - and important to show my kids that we never give up.