WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thank you RDP

Shane54

Reaction score
I had some friends out with me this weekend and was lucky enough to be the weekend that the Laughlin tube float. The tube float meant that the waterways going to be higher than normal earlier than normal. We have a house in Willow Valley so the ability to head south early due to water levels is few and far between. We took this rare opportunity for the higher than usual water levels to head south and show our guests the majesty of the gorge. We headed south and as I was driving I found myself looking for all the boats I have come to know via RDP. As we idled through the no wake zone just before Topock I was able to point out YoPengo's boat. They were headed in to the bar and we continued south to the gorge. We floated down through the no wake zone as I pointed several RDP members to my wife and guests. We saw SJP in his pontoon with his family, and YoPengo rolled through. I kept my eyes peeled for the "second wind" the chariot of the god of all boating RD as well as the baddest mofo on the water, 2ff's new boat, but none were to be found.

At that point we decided to head to Topock to see what Chip had built. We arrived and docked and rolled in. The docks were clean and well built. After figuring out how to tie up my boat for the first time in several years we headed in. The service was great as we were greeted as soon as we walked in. After a couple of beers we decided we would head to the pool. There was a guy with and RDP hat sitting at one of the tables but as he was with a full table I didn't want to stroll up and say hello. So sorry who ever you are for not saying hi.

Chet came buy to say hi to us, as well to thank us for stopping in, which was a very personal touch. We loved the pool, the food was the best food on the river, and I had to ask the bartender if she missed a round because my bill was so cheap. I have to say Chet and Topock have a gold mine and with his attention to detail he will do very well.

I wish I could have met up with some fellow RDP'ers but decided to head home. The cool thing is, without this website and it's members I would have probably never visited Topock nor find myself looking for other members, which was quite fun all day. Thanks for being a cool group and sharing all of your experiences so we can cash in on your experiences. Have a great Saturday night and I'll see you on the water tomorrow!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dunno about the god of boating part.. Lol. That's Bob Lesch, Bob Teague, or bob Nordskog.. I dunno.. One if the Bobs I think..

As far as the rest that's what this community is all about! Meeting more boaters, seeing new places, etc..