WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thank You!

guest hs

Reaction score
Just wanted to says thanks to the Prick that did this to my sons trailer Friday at Windsor launch ramp and didn’t say anything or leave a note! This Gripes my ass!
40FC9BC5-0FE8-4AE3-9364-55FE231DEC14.jpeg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sucks. But I was thinking about this type of thing. If you are backing a trailer up and slow speed and the rear of that trailer bumps another trailer, will you feel it? Obviously if you were looking at it you would know. But if you weren't really looking and that happened would you even know?

I haven't hit anything with my trailer... yes fuckers I know this because I inspect the thing multiple times when I'm out, but I did have to replace both of my fender steps just like that when I bought the boat.

4Waters

Reaction score
3 weeks ago I walked up to get the truck and trailer and did my walk around and noticed one of my taillights hanging. Someone stole the rubber gasket and left the light. I know everything was good after I launched because I always walk back to make sure my trailer is out of the way and then I walk down the middle and check the bunks and inspect the springs, the taillight was in place, not hanging.🤬

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sucks for sure. Small area of damage but a lot of little things that need to be repaired. Good luck to your son.

cole_skier

Reaction score
That sucks for Cole. Young kid who works hard to have nice stuff and some asshole messes his stuff up. I hope karma finds this asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Usually, the "prick" sends his wife/gf to go get truck and trailer......
Just sayin'.
Mr prick will probably get home and wonder who hit his trailer.
Looks pretty much like a fender and wheel encounter.🙁

Would that then make it a Pricket ?.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Happened to me 2 years ago at the marina, someone drove completely over my fender. No way they didn’t know.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
That sucks for your son !! Wish people would own up to their mistakes .

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Many people are just Plain Assholes. And the strive to show absolute proof of their status every day.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yes, it's shitty. At least on the "brighter" side of shitty, the boat wasn't damaged.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Would that then make it a Pricket ?.
Prick"ette".😁
Honestly whoever did it likely didn't really feel it, especially if they were parked in the dirt, the trailer is already making all kinds of noise bouncing around.
I've had my entire front bumper pulled off my SUV by a trailer at the marina. Fortunately the driver(wife) was honest and reported it to the office who in turn left me a report and contact info.
She said she didn't feel it but looked back to see my bumper being dragged by her trailer.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Someone bent my jetski trailer so bad, I couldn't get the pin though the ski!

Your son ain't alone. Sucks.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
This happened to my trailer, at The Riverside launch ramp @ Laughlin. A jet ski company, with a 4 ski trailer tagged it. It was the only spot left in the parking lot.

KIMG0054.jpg

Dan'l

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
On the other hand🤔 After all the B.S. that has been going on, and the Mad "RUSH" to the water combined with the Majority of boaters have No Clue on loading, unloading, parking and the other aspects that go along with this activity. What do you expect?, the parking lot is a wreck waiting to happen. Then when you throw in "BOOZE" that is a really minor incident.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I really don’t expect to go to any launch ramp and expect to get my property damaged.
You should expect it but hope for it not to happen. I do a walk around truck and trailer each time.
I also park defensively...
Visualize each vehicle next to mine pulling away with an inexperienced driver not swinging wide enough and situate my vehicle in a way to avoid said contact.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I had someone put their blue trailer through my front passenger door last month at the Rock House ramp in Parker. No note, no nothing. Dirt bags.

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Ya I can relate to the frustration. I had someone drag their trailer across my front bumper of my Excursion about 10 years ago at Windsor. Sucks people are so ignorant and careless.

I actually hit a trailer at site six in the dark years ago. Left a note and had to buy the guy some new lights. Was super pissed at myself I did it because I caught his unhooked trailer with my buddies pontoon trailer and drug it about three spaces up. Never saw the thing. I just wish people were more honest and gave a crap about peoples property that we worked hard to have.

fishing fool

Reaction score
unless the person backed in to the fender or was parked the other direction and pulled away it looks like the owner (or person parking the trailer) hit someone else..

$0.02

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out a scenario where you back into a spot in Windsor? The whole place is setup to be pulled into front ways?

Either way it sucks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sucks. But I was thinking about this type of thing. If you are backing a trailer up and slow speed and the rear of that trailer bumps another trailer, will you feel it? Obviously if you were looking at it you would know. But if you weren't really looking and that happened would you even know?

I haven't hit anything with my trailer... yes fuckers I know this because I inspect the thing multiple times when I'm out, but I did have to replace both of my fender steps just like that when I bought the boat.

I know a guy that was backing a trailer up in the keys... and all of a sudden it stopped moving so he put the truck in four wheel drive and moved it the rest of the way.. lol. Turned out he was pushing another large trailer and when he putit in 4wd he managed to push em both over.

had no idea until the cops came to the door.. lol. Booze might have been involved. It all worked out and any damages were paid for.

• Haha
Reactions: JBS

DWC

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out a scenario where you back into a spot in Windsor? The whole place is setup to be pulled into front ways?

Either way it sucks

The circled spots are a haul back to the ramp but it’s where I’ve been hiding the trailer on busy weekends. Threads like these always have me a little concerned. They’re pretty easy to back into and long as hell.
D168FE07-C541-4EB9-A0E9-E8FE44F6C6E7.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score
I have seen this happen two times and I chased wives/girlfriends down both times to the ramp to let them know what they just did. Both times was at night/evening retrievals, and the girls were blasted. They just shrugged their shoulders.

And also guys, tell your bad ass "trailer driving girls" that they don't need to do 45mph up to the parking lot after they back you down. I know they want everyone to see their girl nuts hanging out and what a good job they did being a dude, but one of them almost ran me over last weekend at the Marina. Ain't the first time either.

JBS

Reaction score
I know a guy that was backing a trailer up in the keys... and all of a sudden it stopped moving so he put the truck in four wheel drive and moved it the rest of the way.. lol. Turned out he was pushing another large trailer and when he putit in 4wd he managed to push em both over.

had no idea until the cops came to the door.. lol. Booze might have been involved. It all worked out and any damages were paid for.

That was a Great Night :D

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
And also guys, tell your bad ass "trailer driving girls" that they don't need to do 45mph up to the parking lot after they back you down. I know they want everyone to see their girl nuts hanging out and what a good job they did being a dude, but one of them almost ran me over last weekend at the Marina. Ain't the first time either.
Pro tip: You should look both ways before you cross the street

gqchris

Reaction score
Pro tip: You should look both ways before you cross the street

Pro Response: When I am solo launching my boat and trying to get across the launch lanes to cross the ramp, it would nice for people to be safe and alert.

#2 Tip: Many people have died being run over on the ramp at the Marina, including employees.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Pro Response: When I am solo launching my boat and trying to get across the launch lanes to cross the ramp, it would nice for people to be safe and alert.

#2 Tip: Many people have died being run over on the ramp at the Marina, including employees.

#2 Water Related. Slipping in the Shower.🤔

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
At Castaic I had my trailer hit two weekends in a row about 2 weeks ago. Each time broke the same tail light. WTF!!

4Waters

Reaction score
At Castaic I had my trailer hit two weekends in a row about 2 weeks ago. Each time broke the same tail light. WTF!!
Serious, fuk. You see my post #6, that was at Castaic as well.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Surely you must be hearkening back to the days when people had a conscience and cared about thier fellow man to think someone would "do the right thing"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They have had marina employees killed?

gqchris

Reaction score
They have had marina employees killed?

Yes remember they used to have the Launch Lane director? He was under the tent they have there. He was backed over years ago I was told and killed. Trying to find the news story.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Years ago had our new Suburban's driver's door totally stove in at Black Meadow Landing. Very obvious trailer tire marks were visible in the dirt. The asshole had to have known they hit us. I hope that miserable POS is infected with COVID right now, in ICU and on a ventilator that occasionally stops working in the middle of the night. Other than that, I wish them well . . . . .