WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanks for the advice!

wolfie

Reaction score
A while back I posted looking for some advice on what to do with the emblems my pops had collected. I'm sure that no one has wondered what happened but I'm going to bore you with it anyways!

After a month of mounting them, here's the outcome down in our car themed basement.

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0240a.jpg

DSC_0241a.jpg

wash11

Reaction score
Badass! Thanks for the update!

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
Very Nice!! I'm getting ready to finish my basement out but it is going to be decorated with OU stuff and kids toys...:grumble:

charlyox

Reaction score
Pure class! You could not have honored your father better in my opinion Great job:bowdown::thumbsup

Last edited:

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
That's beautiful! Your dad would be proud, he instilled his love for cars in you and I'm sure you will with your sons or daughters.:thumbsup

kgt

Reaction score
wow…that is great looking…such a great display!!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
that is incredible!! great job!! Thank you for the update to the old thread.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Thats awsome !!!!! Honor your Dad Hes the only one you will have or had any case nice work !

rivergames

Reaction score
U kidden me? I think about ur old thread every time I see a old emblem. Im digging what u did with the emblems!:thumbsup

If u have an old Chevy bowtie emblem, I'de love to throw it on my schiada I'm rebuilding!!!!:D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!! Very nice to see your awsome collection of history and memories combined into a stunning show piece.

ps. could the Oakland badge get put into its family with the pontiac display? :thumbsup

wolfie

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW!! Very nice to see your awsome collection of history and memories combined into a stunning show piece.

ps. could the Oakland badge get put into its family with the pontiac display? :thumbsup

It's just to the right of a Pontiac badge. **edit** i see which one you're talking about..Took me a while to put them all together with spacing. Missed that one. You, my son, me, and now those that read this will be the only ones that know that it's out of place. ***** :D

Thanks for all the complements! For years I was trying to figure out what to do with them. I always wanted to display them somehow. A few people here came up with the shadow box idea. My wife jumped on the idea and the very next weekend we were down at one of those craft stores. It really works great where we have it in the basement!!!

It was really awesome actually working with them. Like my pops was right there with me! He use to tell me about the cars when I was a kid playing with them.

Last edited:

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
It's just to the right of a Pontiac badge. **edit** i see which one you're talking about..Took me a while to put them all together with spacing. Missed that one. You, my son, me, and now those that read this will be the only ones that know that it's out of place. ***** :D

Thanks for all the complements! For years I was trying to figure out what to do with them. I always wanted to display them somehow. A few people here came up with the shadow box idea. My wife jumped on the idea and the very next weekend we were down at one of those craft stores. It really works great where we have it in the basement!!!

It was really awesome actually working with them. Like my pops was right there with me! He use to tell me about the cars when I was a kid playing with them.

I was just thinking about your original thread the other day. Great story, great tribute to your Dad, and it looks awesome. Glad your Wife was onboard too, I'm sure not all wives would be. Really turned out nice and couldn't have a better conversation piece.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
:thumbsup :thumbsup

Nicely done! Take a twenty out of petty cash and buy yourself a beverage!......:D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Those look great.
What a cool way top preserve - and enjoy - them :thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

How cool is that?? :thumbsup