WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanks @lakemead boater

Socalx09

Reaction score
My mom was having some trust issues with her tire shop and getting the runaround. I contacted @LakeMead Boater to see if she could go by his shop to get a second opinion. He helped her out and she got new tires on her car. She didn’t have to get brakes like the other shop suggested. She doesn’t know much about cars. They walked her to the car lift and showed her what was going on and what she needed so she felt confident that she was at a shop she could trust. Brandon even reached out a week later to make sure my mom was happy with the tires.

Then, the Suburban had a flat on the way back from Havasu and needed new tires all around. Reached out to Brandon again and he got me scheduled in for G2 Grappler Nitto tires. Looks and rides a lot better now. Thinking I should black chrome the wheels now.

Thank you Brandon for your help these past weeks! Really appreciate it!

55FBCC57-B448-4994-8201-8FE2A02BDAD9.jpeg

84E6F28D-614B-4BF3-B276-CDA957907792.jpeg

BEFACDCF-8EDA-4530-8B8E-5D67751B3529.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Where is the shop ? I'm going to need a lot of tires soon 😭

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Can you ship tires? Going to be needing five 225/55/r20's for my Denali pretty soon

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Brandon is a good dude. He's taken care of my last few tire & wheel purchases.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Where at in OC? America’s Tire boned me hard after spending $1,200 on tires a couple months ago. No response to emails, calls, etc. I need a new place.

Anaheim and Cypress. What happened at America’s? Is it something on their end or an issue with your tires? I can shoot you a Pm to discuss too

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Anaheim and Cypress. What happened at America’s? Is it something on their end or an issue with your tires? I can shoot you a Pm to discuss too
-Came in with working TPMS
-Got new tires, but left with a TPMS light on
-Manager told me to bring it back so they could check it out and I’d be moved to the front of the line because it was quick
-I Take off work and bring it back a couple weeks later and after several hours of waiting I check in, and they haven’t touched the car. I tell the assistant manager to check with the manager, and they finally use their tool For 5 mins and can’t find the sensors
-Manager tells me to take it to the dealership and they’d pay for anything wrong. “No problem, America’s tire has tons of money but we didn’t touch the TPMS sensor”
-I take it to the Lexus dealership and they say “someone” tried to switch out the TPMS sensor with an old one that wasn’t programed to the SUV
-Pay my bill for a new sensor, and take all support and old TPMS sensor they found to America’s tire
-Give the manager the support for the $300+ bill and he says no problem, but we wouldn’t have put that in...Lexus is lying, even though Lexus had nothing to do with putting the tires on. It must have been a coincidence that not only the sensor went out, but a new one got in my tire, and was programmed to another vehicle....
-Several months of follow up on reimbursing my card, and no response.

I’ve probably spent $10k on tires with Discount/Americas tire. That was the first time at the Tustin location on Newport, so it could have just been his shop, but I’d rather give my business to a member.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
@LakeMead Boater your service is obviously great but your marketing skills suck 😂 unless I missed something. In this great thread about your obviously awesome service, I haven't once read the name of your shop...... I'm in Fullerton and have a decent size fleet. Post shop name and details and I'll send the next tire purchase your way, and the next, and the next........

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
-Came in with working TPMS
-Got new tires, but left with a TPMS light on
-Manager told me to bring it back so they could check it out and I’d be moved to the front of the line because it was quick
-I Take off work and bring it back a couple weeks later and after several hours of waiting I check in, and they haven’t touched the car. I tell the assistant manager to check with the manager, and they finally use their tool For 5 mins and can’t find the sensors
-Manager tells me to take it to the dealership and they’d pay for anything wrong. “No problem, America’s tire has tons of money but we didn’t touch the TPMS sensor”
-I take it to the Lexus dealership and they say “someone” tried to switch out the TPMS sensor with an old one that wasn’t programed to the SUV
-Pay my bill for a new sensor, and take all support and old TPMS sensor they found to America’s tire
-Give the manager the support for the $300+ bill and he says no problem, but we wouldn’t have put that in...Lexus is lying, even though Lexus had nothing to do with putting the tires on. It must have been a coincidence that not only the sensor went out, but a new one got in my tire, and was programmed to another vehicle....
-Several months of follow up on reimbursing my card, and no response.

I’ve probably spent $10k on tires with Discount/Americas tire. That was the first time at the Tustin location on Newport, so it could have just been his shop, but I’d rather give my business to a member.

I’m really sorry to hear that! On occasion, the tire guys can snap them and it sounds like that’s what happened and they tried to cover it up.

When you’re ready, happy to help out with tires. We do oil changes, alignments, and service work as well.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
@LakeMead Boater your service is obviously great but your marketing skills suck 😂 unless I missed something. In this great thread about your obviously awesome service, I haven't once read the name of your shop...... I'm in Fullerton and have a decent size fleet. Post shop name and details and I'll send the next tire purchase your way, and the next, and the next........

Hahaha! I really don’t have an excuse for that. I guess I try to be respectful for a few of the advertisers on here who are in my industry.

But I own the Big O Tires in Cypress and Anaheim. Depending on where you are in Fullerton, my Anaheim store is off St. College and La Palma and might be close. Ill shoot ya a PM!

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! I really don’t have an excuse for that. I guess I try to be respectful for a few of the advertisers on here who are in my industry.

But I own the Big O Tires in Cypress and Anaheim. Depending on where you are in Fullerton, my Anaheim store is off St. College and La Palma and might be close. Ill shoot ya a PM!

Close? It's around the corner! I'm at Orangethorpe and Acacia. I'll bring my next purchase your way!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I'll be in touch with you as well, I'm on Valleyview and La Palma and need a reputable source for tires and specific service to my 2011 V2.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I’m really sorry to hear that! On occasion, the tire guys can snap them and it sounds like that’s what happened and they tried to cover it up.

When you’re ready, happy to help out with tires. We do oil changes, alignments, and service work as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. It doesn’t help that I witnessed the assistant manager try to squeeze between the bushes and a customers car, break the side mirror off, and place it back on before anyone saw. Guessing she went back with tape to keep it on....

I’ll definitely hit you up for the 5th tire when I get my bumper/carrier.

Side question, does it matter when an alignment is done? They did the alignment, then put on the new tires. My GX seems to wander a little more, and I was wondering if they should have done new tires then align it. It could just be going from street tires to BFG AT KO2s, but I didn’t have that experience with my last truck.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Close? It's around the corner! I'm at Orangethorpe and Acacia. I'll bring my next purchase your way!

Oh wow! Right down the street and next to a few of my vendors. Happy to help when you're ready!

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. It doesn’t help that I witnessed the assistant manager try to squeeze between the bushes and a customers car, break the side mirror off, and place it back on before anyone saw. Guessing she went back with tape to keep it on....

I’ll definitely hit you up for the 5th tire when I get my bumper/carrier.

Side question, does it matter when an alignment is done? They did the alignment, then put on the new tires. My GX seems to wander a little more, and I was wondering if they should have done new tires then align it. It could just be going from street tires to BFG AT KO2s, but I didn’t have that experience with my last truck.

It normally doesn't matter when they do the alignment since we are more or less adjusting suspension components and the tires/wheels are just what the sensors are connected to. That's a very broad way of looking at it. You are right in thinking the wander could be caused as the difference between the street tires and KO2's...did you jump up in size too? Each vehicle responds differently to different tires, sizes, etc.

Quick example, my dad has a Jeep GC and he had the stock Goodyear Fortera's on it. It would wander down the road, especially the 22 freeway. We put a street/SUV specific Nitto in the same size on it and it went straight down the road. It shouldn't have made that much of a difference, but the GC felt more "planted" to the road.

If you're in the Anaheim or Cypress area, I'd be happy to take a look at the alignment or see if there is anything we can do to help the wander.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
I'll be in touch with you as well, I'm on Valleyview and La Palma and need a reputable source for tires and specific service to my 2011 V2.

Sounds good! My Cypress store is really close to you. Shoot me a PM when you're ready as I'm not at that store as much.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Brandon's a great guy - very knowledgeable, helpful - he will work to earn your business :cool:

Hey Brandon, is this your store?

And what about this one?

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Brandon's a great guy - very knowledgeable, helpful - he will work to earn your business :cool:

Hey Brandon, is this your store?

And what about this one?

Thank you sir! The first link for the Cypress store is no longer me...I sold that location back in November. The second link is my current store in Anaheim.