Man that boat has seen Catalina - A LOT...:thumbsup

hobo

Reaction score
P-6 has more catalina ski races than any other:thumbsup

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
P-6 has more catalina ski races than any other:thumbsup
You may have a point there Hobo. Although I really don't recall when I 1st saw the boat, it's been around for many crossings for sure.

I know the participants who have competed in the most CSR's straight: myself @36 years, Gary Heinbuck @37 years. It would be a great thread to start to see the oldest participating hull. Maybe I will...
________
Halfbaked

Last edited:

SKIA36

Reaction score
p-6 Vern Gust, White w/faded red 20' superboat with a white v-8 Evinude

Pulled Ron Bone to many Palmer Trophys

hobo

Reaction score
p6 the boat has more csr, but he is not the person that has the most no question there...

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
I have to say I am VERY stoked to be skiing the race behind these guys. I've known Scott the observer for quite a few years. He basically saw me grow up. It's going to be a fun race that's for sure!!! :thumbsup

Boat737

Well used Member
Reaction score
Here is a nice shot of P6 during the 1995 Catalina Race. (Probably the best shot to ever come out of one of MY cameras.) I was in a helicopter, not able to do the race that year due to 2 broken hands suffered 2 months prior in a bicycling accident. That's Vern Gust and (I think) Billy Hammond in the boat. Check out his Lifeline jacket. Guess it just wouldn't fit that day. Ron Bone was the skier that day.
boatP6.jpg

Last edited: