WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanks to Everyone for Coming Out to the BBQ Cook Off!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My last pics.. :)

RD

Attachments

• P3060362.JPG
    P3060362.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 273
  • P3060374.JPG
    P3060374.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 265
  • P3060373.JPG
    P3060373.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 265
  • P3060372.JPG
    P3060372.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 264
  • P3060371.JPG
    P3060371.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 269
  • P3060370.JPG
    P3060370.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 266
  • P3060369.JPG
    P3060369.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 264
  • P3060365.JPG
    P3060365.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 269
  • P3060363.JPG
    P3060363.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 271

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm thinking the camera was drunk too by the blurry pictures.. :D

RD

Attachments

• P3060377.JPG
    P3060377.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 247
  • P3060376.JPG
    P3060376.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 248
  • P3060375.JPG
    P3060375.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 250
  • P3060374.JPG
    P3060374.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 253
  • P3060373.JPG
    P3060373.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 254
  • P3060372.JPG
    P3060372.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 260

fountain4ever

Reaction score
Some pics from Fridays ride.....

Attachments

• DSC01969[1].jpg
    DSC01969[1].jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 167

fountain4ever

Reaction score
Friday #2

Attachments

• DSC01965[1].jpg
    DSC01965[1].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC01966[1].jpg
    DSC01966[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 248

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I had such a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for making the trip out...it'll definitely be a repeat event. I love my Teryx...I had such a great time driving it. Going to the top of P Mountain was probably my favorite part of the weekend. Thanks to Chemical Driven for the wild night ride in that rail. I should have known something was up when noone would ride with me and Dave and William both came up seperately and tightened my harnesses to the point that I couldn't breathe! My award for best bbq would have gone to WMC's ribs and Cole Trickle's pulled pork. Both were amazing! What a great group of people....can't wait till the next event!

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I wish I could have made it. Looks like a blast. I celebrated my birthday at Morongo since Syd couldn't make it out there. I should have left her behind............:skull

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Looks like a great time, I just have one question.

Were the judges gay? How could this girl NOT WIN??:D

I say she got ripped off:champagne:

attachment.php

milkmoney

Reaction score
Looks like a great time, I just have one question.

Were the judges gay? How could this girl NOT WIN??:D

I say she got ripped off:champagne:

attachment.php

well if the judging was later in that night by the fire, she probably wouldnt of got ripped off, jus sayin...
also you got to look over at norma (hwlaser23, the winners wife), that right there is priceless also..goodtimes:thumbsup

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
I decided to yank the boat out of the slip Saturday morning

WMC and Wendi awesome people. You guys are too freakin nice, it was like watching an assembly plant lose electrical trying to get me a taco as we were leaving. "WHERE'S THE CILANTRO? AAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Did you ever find that bottle opener in the bottom of the cooler.

Cole and Djunk....thanks for including me in the ride. RD, you can blame these gentlemen for taking me "away, never to be seen". They convinced me to follow them up a knoll with my 20+lb tire pressure. I'll make a video of the outcome. BTW, following mid travel rhino's in a stocker is a monster pita. I owe you guys some beers.

WTFMA, great to meet and BS for a sec. The bennington is ready to fill what you've been missing. You're 2 streets over man...we'll hook up in havi sometime...it's way closer than that "other" place down south.

Really nice to put faces to screen names, lots of people I never got an opportunity to meet. Lots of people I've met but didn't get to say hi to. Really wish we had more time to hang out vs. hi-bye.

And when I said my daughter would get cranky I mean the terrible 2's invaded her body and completely took over all actions. I would have been beyond embarrassed if we had stayed.

Is that Andy's wheel? If so, I know where you can get your stock wheels back.;)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

WMC and Wendi awesome people. You guys are too freakin nice, it was like watching an assembly plant lose electrical trying to get me a taco as we were leaving. "WHERE'S THE CILANTRO? AAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Did you ever find that bottle opener in the bottom of the cooler.

Cole and Djunk....thanks for including me in the ride. RD, you can blame these gentlemen for taking me "away, never to be seen". They convinced me to follow them up a knoll with my 20+lb tire pressure. I'll make a video of the outcome. BTW, following mid travel rhino's in a stocker is a monster pita. I owe you guys some beers.

WTFMA, great to meet and BS for a sec. The bennington is ready to fill what you've been missing. You're 2 streets over man...we'll hook up in havi sometime...it's way closer than that "other" place down south.

Really nice to put faces to screen names, lots of people I never got an opportunity to meet. Lots of people I've met but didn't get to say hi to. Really wish we had more time to hang out vs. hi-bye.

And when I said my daughter would get cranky I mean the terrible 2's invaded her body and completely took over all actions. I would have been beyond embarrassed if we had stayed.

Nice meeting you too and glad you enjoyed the ride. Don't worry about the suspension and tire pressure woes. You looked like you were having fun and thats all that matters. Can't wait to see some video from the ride. I really need to get my system upgraded so I can edit what I got.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Just admitt you had fun with the rhino...lol

That little ride will now cost you $3000 in suspension and put the porshe on the back burner for another 2 years:skull:D

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
WTF.......:skull

Pretty sure I was cooking not quite sure who was watching my little guy at this point in time since my wife is in the picture giving food to the judges.

This is why you don't bring the grand parents and great uncles to the party when they like to party;):bash::D

River Pirate

Don't make me destroy you
Reaction score
I'm thinking the camera was drunk too by the blurry pictures.. :D

RD

Yes... It was the camera!!! That you lost... then found... then lost... then found... :drnkfr

I do know one of the judges were gay... and it wasn't Tim...

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
WTF.......:skull

Pretty sure I was cooking not quite sure who was watching my little guy at this point in time since my wife is in the picture giving food to the judges.

This is why you don't bring the grand parents and great uncles to the party when they like to party;):bash::D

I sent the pic to blondie. She laughed and said she was with him. She was taking him to see the Beagle pup. :thumbsup:D

riverratmike

Reaction score
Dave,
Had a blast with you and everyone Saturday night. Thanks for letting me test ride your Teryx. Very nice and the first other UTV besides my Rhino I have ever drivin'. Loved it. But going to stick with my Rhino cause I love it too. Heather and I will definity be camping out with your group next time. Thanks again for having your party.

Mike

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That little ride will now cost you $3000 in suspension and put the porshe on the back burner for another 2 years:skull:D

I know exactly what you are talking about ;)

<----Rhino is going under the knife.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,
Had a blast with you and everyone Saturday night. Thanks for letting me test ride your Teryx. Very nice and the first other UTV besides my Rhino I have ever drivin'. Loved it. But going to stick with my Rhino cause I love it too. Heather and I will definity be camping out with your group next time. Thanks again for having your party.

Mike

Thanks for coming out Mike!! Stacy and I are definately up for some exploring now that we have a UTV.. :) She loved the P mountain deal.

RD

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I sent the pic to blondie. She laughed and said she was with him. She was taking him to see the Beagle pup. :thumbsup:D

I feel better now that I know a responsible adult was with him...lol:rotflmao:

Next time have her try and keep his clothes on....That picture is a little too red neck for my liking with the earnhardt flag in the back ground lmfao.....:skull:cool:

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I feel better now that I know a responsible adult was with him...lol:rotflmao:

Next time have her try and keep his clothes on....That picture is a little too red neck for my liking with the earnhardt flag in the back ground lmfao.....:skull:cool:

She said she was trying. He kept lifting his shirt to show his belly. :D

riverratmike

Reaction score
Thanks for coming out Mike!! Stacy and I are definately up for some exploring now that we have a UTV.. :) She loved the P mountain deal.

RD

Sure anytime just let me know. I'm out there almost every weekend. Got some cool places to show you.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Its a secret ;) but its no MT ;)

lol....secrets huh

There are only a couple on the market worth doing and I know the one your doing pushes the front and rear out 2". I still think you should have done the XMF kit;):skull

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Make sure its a good one. Theres a lot of LT kits out there that don't even work as good as our MT kit. ;)

Other than the fact I have a 4 seater, stereo, BFGs, etc.... I won't have a problem keeping up with anyone through the rough stuff ;)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
lol....secrets huh

There are only a couple on the market worth doing and I know the one your doing pushes the front and rear out 2". I still think you should have done the XMF kit;):skull

I'm all about making sure I dont spill my Beer anymore :D

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
Great, so I've been checking out kits, shocks...anything to make the ride smoother and I'm looking at the weather thinkin...there ain't no way I'll get to enjoy a lick of anything I throw at it right now.

I'm going to wait on a-arms and what not for the time being. But I'm strongly considering shocks ASAP.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Great, so I've been checking out kits, shocks...anything to make the ride smoother and I'm looking at the weather thinkin...there ain't no way I'll get to enjoy a lick of anything I throw at it right now.

I'm going to wait on a-arms and what not for the time being. But I'm strongly considering shocks ASAP.

Steel body Bilsteins........:cool::drillsergeant:

You can some times find them used for around $800

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Hate to be the barer of bad news. Shocks alone don't work. Midtravel alone doesn't work. Do what I did, spend a ton of dough and then go out and buy a Prowler and then sell the Rhino for less than half what you got in to it :skull

But I have a suggestion. Since you wanna go midtravel and I wanna go stock. Maybe we can work something out? No beer this time, gotta be cash since I gotta fix up the Prowler now. Lone Star midtravel and Walker Evans resi shocks. Damn good stuff maynard.

lol....your tax guy tell you to blow an obsene amount of $$$ prior to may 2010?:D:skull

Congrats on the new toy....

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
Hate to be the barer of bad news. Shocks alone don't work. Midtravel alone doesn't work. Do what I did, spend a ton of dough and then go out and buy a Prowler and then sell the Rhino for less than half what you got in to it :skull

But I have a suggestion. Since you wanna go midtravel and I wanna go stock. Maybe we can work something out? No beer this time, gotta be cash since I gotta fix up the Prowler now. Lone Star midtravel and Walker Evans resi shocks. Damn good stuff maynard.

Your desire to go stock sounds expensive. You're right...no beer. I have to take at least $900 for my stock setup. 127 miles, 41 hours on it when I stopped on Saturday. Damn good stuff maynard.

However, we should talk. Perhaps a deal can be made. No sourdough eithher I talkin real dough.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Its a farm tool, so its deductable as far as I'm concerned.

Its being delivered tomorrow or Wed :D

Red or Green?

When does the LT and cage go on???? After all you want to make sure your safe when tending to the crops:D:skull

Ivan Dan

Reaction score

PM me a price...I might be interested in this deal for my pops.

rioracr

Reaction score
Yes... It was the camera!!! That you lost... then found... then lost... then found... :drnkfr

I do know one of the judges were gay... and it wasn't Tim...

i know for sure that it wasn't the guy on the other end of the table....all that food was to die for and hard to judge, if there was rules wmc to me was one and cole's wings for true bbq'ing and hw's was excellent, it was all outstanding and worthy of first place, the folks met and there comrotatery makes this rdp thing so much fun....thanks for the fun and good time

riverratmike

Reaction score
Now next time we'll have WMC in charge of the campfire again.

Attachments

• P3060088.jpg
    P3060088.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 295
  • P3060082.jpg
    P3060082.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
I'm soo bummed I missed this :thumbsdown next year I'll leave a couple days ealier so I can be there on time with the new toy hauler :thumbsup

Attachments

• camperbike1.jpg
    camperbike1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 264

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
My wife & I had a good time this W E:thumbsup
HWLaser23, thanx for guiding me in so I wouldn't get yelled at for where I parked;)
Milkmoney, good to meet ya, it's always fun spreadin the toy disease to someone else:skull
Cig, The Toon gets no respect, but...................the Benni's gonna change all that:cool: Now I just gotta convince the inlaws that 10k per rear facing seat is a wise investment:D
Dave, Thanx for setting up the M&G. After talking with ya and swapping lies over the W E I have come to the conclusion you need to get some tattoo's:moon::D
I know I'm leaving people I met out but at this point I'm 10 min into my "Hunt & Peck" typing and my patients is wearing thin:grumble:
Good times, Lets do it again:thumbsup

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score

Thanx for helping boost the economy:thumbsup:D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
looks like good times and lots of fun!!!... :thumbsup:champagne:

I don't have a cool looking offroad spot to party/camp/offroad with friends like that within 300 miles of my house... :thumbsdown:thumbsdown :grumble:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My wife & I had a good time this W E:thumbsup
HWLaser23, thanx for guiding me in so I wouldn't get yelled at for where I parked;)
Milkmoney, good to meet ya, it's always fun spreadin the toy disease to someone else:skull
Cig, The Toon gets no respect, but...................the Benni's gonna change all that:cool: Now I just gotta convince the inlaws that 10k per rear facing seat is a wise investment:D
Dave, Thanx for setting up the M&G. After talking with ya and swapping lies over the W E I have come to the conclusion you need to get some tattoo's:moon::D
I know I'm leaving people I met out but at this point I'm 10 min into my "Hunt & Peck" typing and my patients is wearing thin:grumble:
Good times, Lets do it again:thumbsup

Nice to meet you as well!! I think I'm gonna pass on the tatoo's though.. LOL

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
looks like good times and lots of fun!!!... :thumbsup:champagne:

I don't have a cool looking offroad spot to party/camp/offroad with friends like that within 300 miles of my house... :thumbsdown:thumbsdown :grumble:

I thought Norcal was all about this sort've stuff?

RD

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
No way. Very few good public spots. There are only a handful of organized state runned SVRA areas which are very small and very overcrowded.

Best spots we go to are out-of-state. LOL.. Oregon, Nevada, Southern California :skull

The only public land we can use is the National Forest, but lots of B.S. rules. There are good spots in Tahoe and Northern Coastal ranges. (Shasta, Mendocino counties)

There is a huge advocacy program to eliminate offroad usage in National forest areas in Norcal. Camping restrictions, travel restrictions, use restrictions, etc. etc. Most of the times we are violating some kind of rule. :p

For example, new rules require that you must stay on an existing designated road that is published for offroading (i.e. no off roading or usage of existing roads without the correct signage.). No usage at all during the winter from 1/1-4/1 each year (used to be closed 24 hours after heavy rain). Various camping restrictions.

Plus the usual legal shenanigans. They constantly test major off road areas for erosion (mostly naturally occurring but that doesn't matter ;) ) and drops of oil and then file suit and claim environmental damage. This is how they get the best areas closed. :bash: The courts always side with the enviornmentalists and order closures.

At my house in tahoe, the riding area is 2 miles down a remote road. The ranger insists we loan up the UTV's on a trailer and trailer them 2 miles down the road. :bash: This road is virtually abandoned. My buddy got a $250 ticket for using a hill to turn around, that wasn't a designated road.

They got one major official riding area closed already. (Clear creek). And are working on #2 (Carnegie) Plus the new rules got several closed during the winter. (Stoneyford, Tahoe National Forest)

I figure they should have everything closed to offroading in Norcal within 10 years.

BTW since these are all in California, once they get Norcal closed, they will come for you guys in Socal....:bash:

I thought Norcal was all about this sort've stuff?

RD

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A Harley maybe... Lol. Actually no.

RD

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Roger? You were there? I feel really bad for not introducing myself.:smackhead

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
Roger? You were there? I feel really bad for not introducing myself.:smackhead

Yeah, I was there. I even asked someone who you were/where you were and suddenly I was tackled by guys with ear buds talking into their wrist....probably why you didn't see me.