WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thanksgiving week trip to AZ

81Sprint

Reaction score
Wanted to do something different this year for Turkey day other than cooking dinner all day for the extended family. We do this every year, kind of over it plus since we sold our house no real place to do it. So, first stop on the trip was Tucson to the Pima Air and Space Museum. I've been wanting to go here for years and it didn't disappoint! Stayed at Crazy Horse Campground and it kinda sucked, no lights at night and people were not very friendly. So dark at night that the wife even got a little freaked out walking the dog

Crazy Horse 1.JPG
Crazy Horse 2.JPG
Pima 1.JPG
Pima 2.JPG
Pima 3.JPG
Pima 4.JPG
Pima 5.JPG
Pima 7.JPG
Pima 8.JPG
Pima 6.JPG

Last edited:

81Sprint

Reaction score
We spent about 4 hours at Pima and then headed to the Titan Missile Silo museum, I planned to do this only if we had time as Sunday was our only day to hit both. I am sure glad we went it was insane! The silo is about 30 min south of Tucson, and our guide worked for over 20 years as an enlisted crew member for one of the 4 man launch teams.

TMS 1.JPG

TMS 2.JPG

The long hallway from the Missile silo to the launch room

TMS 3.JPG

Launch Control, these guys endured some stress for sure. 4 man team on 24 hour shifts completely closed off to the world other than a few types of radios. So much information the guide had on this room i can't even pretend to remember it all.

TMS 4.JPG

Overhead pic looking down in the silo, a hole had to be cut in the warhead so the Soviet satellites know it is not operable

TMS 5.JPG
TMS 6.JPG

These blast doors are on actual train tracks due to the weight
TMS top door.JPG

81Sprint

Reaction score
Next stop, we headed to Lake Pleasant for a few days of a whole lot of nothing, just hanging out and relaxing. The sunsets were great and tons of wildlife. Stayed in Lake Pleasant regional park, sites were pretty nice with a fire ring and canopy. Our spot was one of the better ones in desert tortoise, but since my RV is almost 40' i had to jack knife it in and unhook at almost a 90 degree angle on a steep ass slope, took some patience

LP 1.JPG
LP 11.JPG
LP 3.JPG
LP 7.jpg
LP 6.JPG
LP 9.JPG
LP 4.JPG
LP 13.JPG

Last edited:

81Sprint

Reaction score
Left Lake Pleasant on Wednesday and headed to Prescott, never been there and wanted to check it out. Have some friends that moved there and they love it. Temp dropped a solid 20 degrees on the way up there. Didn't get near as many pics here, felt like i was driving and navigating the whole time, plus no camp fires allowed so we didn't spend much time outside at night.

Prescott 2.JPG

Prescott 1.JPG
Prescott 4.JPG
Prescott 3.JPG
Prescott 5.JPG

Not a big fan of Turkey, but once a year i can handle it. BBQ'd a 4 lb turkey breast on the Weber, wife made mash potatoes and stuffing. No easy task in an RV for sure.
Prescott 7.JPG

Prescott 8.JPG
Prescott 9.JPG