WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

That call you hate to get in the middle of the night...

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
"Dad, I've been in a bad accident and I'm hurt." DUI driver smashed into my son in North Phoenix last night as he was coming home from his girlfriends house. I'm just happy he wasn't gravely injured. The girl that hit him had an estimated speed of 150mph according to the CHP. Even though it's small, the little Toyota Corolla did its job. She was arrested trying to escape on two wheels and a broken axle a half mile down the freeway.

Attachments

• accident.jpeg
    accident.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 613

ltbaney1

Reaction score
holy hell, im glad your boy is good. but that has to be scary as hell. that little corolla did its job.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Glad he is alive! 150mph. What was she driving that would still move after a high speed hit?

PaPaG

Reaction score
WOW, this could have ended really bad...THANK GOD he is OK and that the POS that hit him got caught...

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Holy smokes. Kid got lucky. Someone was watching over him. Thank god for you and your family.

This is why I tell my son avoid driving late at nite if possible.

HitIt

Reaction score
Super sorry to hear this. I hope he heals quickly both mentally and physically. Being a parent is terrifying.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Wow, that made my hair stand up. Super thankful it wasn’t worse. I never want that call.

charlyox

Reaction score
I didn't know they has CHP in Phoenix. JK, I am glad your kid is O.K.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Holy smokes. Kid got lucky. Someone was watching over him. Thank god for you and your family.

This is why I tell my son avoid driving late at nite if possible.
Exactly. I tell all of my boys that nothing good happens on the road after 11pm. All of the loonies and drunkards are out on the road. I don't have all of the details just yet, but apparently she hit a car just before hitting my son which slowed her down a little. She was already running from hitting the other car when she slammed into my son. I'm waiting to get a copy of the police report.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I sure hope it isn't one of those "no es mi responsabilidad" episodes.😲🥺
Really, really glad to hear your boy isn't hurt bad Scott. Heart stopping for sure.
Had a similar call from my boy when he was in school out there. He'd rolled his truck.... after he jumped a water canal with it😳😳😲

Jay Dub

Reaction score
"Dad, I've been in a bad accident and I'm hurt." DUI driver smashed into my son in North Phoenix last night as he was coming home from his girlfriends house. I'm just happy he wasn't gravely injured. The girl that hit him had an estimated speed of 150mph according to the CHP. Even though it's small, the little Toyota Corolla did its job. She was arrested trying to escape on two wheels and a broken axle a half mile down the freeway.
I have always soo dreaded one of those calls. I am very happy that your son is OK. I also have told my kids that late-night driving (especially the freeway) is not a good idea

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
anyone else try to click the play button a bunch of times? heh.

glad the kid is okay... im terrified of my kids getting behind the wheel. i got a few more years hopefully everything will be automated by then.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

glad the kid is okay... im terrified of my kids getting behind the wheel. i got a few more years hopefully everything will be automated by then.
Put 'em in the bus...everyone will get out of their way

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I know the feeling my daughter got hit by drunk driver two years ago on the 5 fwy, no lights on driving a 260Z at 12:30 in the morning.but she was fine the car did its job

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Yep, just did 🤦‍♂️

Glad all is ok.....

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
I didn't know they has CHP in Phoenix. JK, I am glad your kid is O.K.
Police, CHP, State Trooper...dunno. I'm just assuming it was CHP being for CA. They were uniformed LEO's and I'm grateful to them. They kept him calm and safe after the accident and caught the driver. As much as I want her head on a platter for being so irresponsible and reckless with other peoples lives, if she is young I hope this will scare her straight. This is going to financially cripple her for a long time to come.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

See if this works...

mbrown2

Reaction score
Wow....just a bit further up and he could have taken that impact on the side.....looks like she did some high speed PIT maneuver on him....but caught him in the rear left quarter and worked her way forward...

HitIt

Reaction score
Video worked. That looks like it was about 2 feet away from a disaster. Wow.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
150 mph?! I would definitely say he's lucky.

At that speed it sounds like a nicer car and hopefully a bigger policy.

Make sure your son gets fully checked out. The young people tend to try and shake off car accident pains and end up with back/neck issues down the road.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Glad your son is okay, someone is watching over him.
Are you sure the cop didn't say "about 50" and not "a hundred and fifty"?

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Glad your son is ok, the big man was watching out for him.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Your boy will be sore for a few days, but hopefully not too torn up. Glad nobody died...could have been so much worse

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Glad your son will be okay. He definitely had someone looking over his shoulder that night. As stated before. lots of inmates, including myself in and around the valley that can lend a hand if needed.

golakers

Reaction score
UBER!!!!! People, Its not rocket science! Just call an UBER!!

Glad he's ok!!!!!!!!!!!

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Wow, that's scary Scott! So happy to hear that he's going to be okay. It sure sounds like it could have been much worse. Hang in there my friend!

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
UBER!!!!! People, Its not rocket science! Just call an UBER!!

Glad he's ok!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what we were saying last night. She made a conscious choice to get behind the wheel and she is going to pay dearly for it.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Good, he might be able to move out of his apt. And into her house after you take it in court.

We already purchased a home out there. I am taking her to court as the car belongs to me. I have no mercy for repeat offenders. She almost killed my son so I'm going to do my best to make sure she isn't able to get behind the wheel of a car for a while. I don't want to put her out of her home. I just want to make sure she cannot drive for the foreseeable future. I told my son to try to forgive her if he can find it in his heart. She clearly has deeper problems and demons to deal with.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Wow your son is very lucky.

I hope you sue the piss out of this lady… there’s not enough room in this world for repeat offenders.