WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

THE $1400 DOLLAR BID..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So a couple days latter, I get an insurance renewal notice... new rate 1498 bucks,... so I call, whats the deal???? thats what they raised it to... well, i'm canceling... ah let me let you talk to a manager.....he lowers it to 1339.... next day I call progressive.. they will do it for 900.... so I call back to my current ins... tell them I'm canceling,... ah let me let you talk to a manager.... I wanna cancel, progressive say 900...... well let me look... no claims and no tickets?, what gender are you on your drivers lic.....looks like we can do it for $806

hallett21

Reaction score
Workman’s comp, 1 million general liability, shop, truck + insurance, tools and my pay costs $1,000 a day.

I’d love to hear how somebody has a buddy who will do it for half [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBCraig

Reaction score
So a couple days latter, I get an insurance renewal notice... new rate 1498 bucks,... so I call, whats the deal???? thats what they raised it to... well, i'm canceling... ah let me let you talk to a manager.....he lowers it to 1339.... next day I call progressive.. they will do it for 900.... so I call back to my current ins... tell them I'm canceling,... ah let me let you talk to a manager.... I wanna cancel, progressive say 900...... well let me look... no claims and no tickets?, what gender are you on your drivers lic.....looks like we can do it for $806
Cancel it still. They are merely extorting money because they can. That's the worst possible business model ever. Fuck them.

gqchris

Reaction score
Cancel it still. They are merely extorting money because they can. That's the worst possible business model ever. Fuck them.

Right? They act like they are the fucking cable company or Sirius XM that we have to call every 6 months to play the “lets negotiate game!”

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
they did a discount of $692, so I'm good for 12 mo. But, looking at the situation, seems they have a special teem to neg, when you say I'm canceling .... where as before they would tell you this is the best we can do...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Exactly why $15-$20/minimum wage is dumb…the cost of everything will just go up accordingly, and the poors will still be poor.

And I love folks taking about “the $15k new time buyer” credit Biden has promised.

That’ll just raise the price of starter homes by the same amount.

People are imbeciles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
they did a discount of $692, so I'm good for 12 mo. But, looking at the situation, seems they have a special teem to neg, when you say I'm canceling .... where as before they would tell you this is the best we can do...

Yoh should call progressive back and tell them that your company lowered it to 800 but you want to switch after thou bs and see if they can beat it.

repeat the cycle 3 times until it's 500 a month.

Icky

Reaction score
I think the trailer maintenance guys are following the same model. $1,000 dollars to recaulk the side of my trailer, not including the roof. I think the roof brought the total to 1,400. I'll do it myself for that much money