WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The 21' and under 70+ mph Boat pic thread

Clank123

Reaction score
BDFA6758-466E-451D-93FA-33508A99DE4A.jpeg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Haha, I know the last one was, I meant the upcoming... the shows at Jack Smith were good times back in the day...

Just a little History....
Billy and I were members of a v-drive club back on the 90's. The Club held events, but also advertised "individual outings". After attending v-drive club member Brad Coopers Red Rock Event (Parker Sept 0f '97 and where I first met RiverBottom 😎 ), Billy decided to invite everyone to Needles Marina where he kept his trailer since the early 80's. That first v-drive "vacation" was the following year and became an annual deal just like Red Rock was.

A couple years later, Billy mentioned he'd like to get with the city about having a parade through town followed by a mini street party with food and boat show. After a couple of years this would grow into the Rt. 66 Needles show with the city eventually taking it over. As you know these shows were not v-drive specific.

The deal at Pirate Cove wasn't v-drive specific either and that was all Billy setting that up.

I think the Horsepower beach partys will likely remain v-drive events but that's up to the Chief.

I've attended and shot video of both v-drive and jet events alike. There are reasons why some events are best left segregated imo.

bobbysboat.jpg
redrock.jpg
redrock97.jpg

NeedlesSept2008183.jpg

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Just a little History....
Billy and I were members of a v-drive club back on the 90's. The Club held events, but also advertised "individual outings". After attending v-drive club member Brad Coopers Red Rock Event (Parker Sept 0f '97 and where I first met RiverBottom 😎 ), Billy decided to invite everyone to Needles Marina where he kept his trailer since the early 80's. That first v-drive "vacation" was the following year and became an annual deal just like Red Rock was.

A couple years later, Billy mentioned he'd like to get with the city about having a parade through town followed by a mini street party with food and boat show. After a couple of years this would grow into the Rt. 66 Needles show with the city eventually taking it over. As you know these shows were not v-drive specific.

The deal at Pirate Cove wasn't v-drive specific either and that was all Billy setting that up.

I think the Horsepower beach partys will likely remain v-drive events but that's up to the Chief.

I've attended and shot video of both v-drive and jet events alike. There are reasons why some events are best left segregated imo.

View attachment 1115763 View attachment 1115764 View attachment 1115765

View attachment 1115767

Well said and completely agree... would hate for a couple of jets to hurt some feelings... hahaha... just having fun

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Jerry do you have any more details on the eighth boat back in this picture? It looks like a red and white Rayson with a Hilborn-style injection. Inquiring minds wanna know. 😁👍

Bill Duke's boat that I believe he bought from Clank. I don't know much about it really.

Clank123

Reaction score
Bill Duke's boat that I believe he bought from Clank. I don't know much about it really.
Yes it’s Bill Duke’s Boat.
I bought it from Dennis Rankin.
Had it all set up to go GN racing with a Grichar engine in it.
Over the course of the build circle boat racing in general slid aways down hill in terms of safety on the racecourse, especially in the GN class, so I decided to go another direction and sold it less motor to Bill.
He set it up for the river and, just like all his stuff, it runs hard.
Just a bit over 100 on gps.

Clank123

Reaction score
@Clank, is this black flat out of Escondido? It looks familiar.....
Yes.
It was Clyde Dedrick’s Sanger built by Ronny Bolton. It had never been in the water.
After Clyde passed, I went and got the boat, went through the carbs and got it running. It hadn’t been started in 13 years.
Boat was sold to a buyer out of Pennsylvania.

Clank123

Reaction score
Yes it’s Bill Duke’s Boat.
I bought it from Dennis Rankin.
Had it all set up to go GN racing with a Grichar engine in it.
Over the course of the build circle boat racing in general slid aways down hill in terms of safety on the racecourse, especially in the GN class, so I decided to go another direction and sold it less motor to Bill.
He set it up for the river and, just like all his stuff, it runs hard.
Just a bit over 100 on gps.
When I had it.
3D240AAB-F16F-4422-A8D4-F148512293C6.jpeg
98EF48AC-6A7A-41B3-B19B-D5A56D5F6744.jpeg

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes.
It was Clyde Dedrick’s Sanger built by Ronny Bolton. It had never been in the water.
After Clyde passed, I went and got the boat, went through the carbs and got it running. It hadn’t been started in 13 years.
Boat was sold to a buyer out of Pennsylvania.
I knew it looked familiar! I hadn't seen Clyde in a few years, but remembered it sitting in his warehouse. That boat and the rigging was something else!!

I bought my OG Ellis trailer from Clyde a few years back. 👍