WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The 3 hottest peppers in the world

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
Exploring The Human Body - Topic=The 5 Senses

This group of guys agreed to be guinea pigs in exploring the human body for the duration of the series (13 episodes). I nearly die laughing watching their reactions after eating the three hottest peppers in the world.

YouTube- Super Junior E.H.B Ep 1 (2/4) [English Subbed]

YouTube- Super Junior E.H.B Ep 1 (3/4) [English Subbed]

Have any of you ever tried those peppers? Or actually enjoy any of those? Couldn't pay me enough money to try it - I don't like spicy anything. :eek:

Anyway, this is my second time watching this series and I recommend it just for learning stuff. I thought myself pretty knowledgeable about the topics they cover but I still learned some cool stuff. They do a bit of myth busting also. Well whatever. At the very least the hot peppers portion is great comedy. :skull Is it wrong for me to enjoy others' painful experiences? :champagne:

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
Habenero's are good, the hottest one I ever had was one that was cooked in a frier and one the was grilled. Something about cookin them that releases the oils from the seeds and definitely kicks em up a few notchs but excellent flavor

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
LOL! Weren't you paying attention? Sweet sour bitter and salty are flavors; hot is not a flavor - it's just pain! :D

It looked like the chungyang's (sp?) were fresh, the 3rd hottest looked dried the habaneros looked canned?pickled? and the #1 hottest also looked dried. If cooking them would have made them hotter maybe it's good for those guys they weren't - a few seemed like they were already close to passing out! :lmao :skull The one guy in glasses entreating the others not to try the habaneros even for fun after he had tried it and it finally hit him was so telling for me! Pain junkies! :D

randyjet

Reaction score
I have a friend that grows these called Ghost peppers they are like a 1000 times hotter than a Habanero. We work with this guy that ate one had 3 hours of intense pain nausea then couldn't take it had to go to hospital for a day fear of heart attack. they made some elk chilli and it was in my opinion unedible and I eat very hot every day.

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
I have a friend that grows these called Ghost peppers they are like a 1000 times hotter than a Habanero. We work with this guy that ate one had 3 hours of intense pain nausea then couldn't take it had to go to hospital for a day fear of heart attack. they made some elk chilli and it was in my opinion unedible and I eat very hot every day.

Well, the three featured in the show are the three hottest peppers in the world so maybe the Ghost pepper is the #1 hottest that is featured on the show? Habanero is 2nd hottest in the world there is supposed to be only one that's hotter.

I feel bad for your co-worker - that sounds such a miserable reaction to what he ate. :( That doesn't sound like I could laugh at him.

However, when you mentioned chili and deeming it inedible I started to laugh again thinking of that "joke" Texas chili cook off where they made some guy be a chili judge and he had little tolerance for hot! His descriptions of each chili he had to judge and then the other judges' commentaries on his reactions made me laugh so hard I cried! :lmao

@JB - ???? Do you eat/like hot peppers or not?

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
the Ghost pepper is the same

wikipidia says that it is also used to cure stomach ailments lol

Well, the three featured in the show are the three hottest peppers in the world so maybe the Ghost pepper is the #1 hottest that is featured on the show? Habanero is 2nd hottest in the world there is supposed to be only one that's hotter.

I feel bad for your co-worker - that sounds such a miserable reaction to what he ate. :( That doesn't sound like I could laugh at him.

However, when you mentioned chili and deeming it inedible I started to laugh again thinking of that "joke" Texas chili cook off where they made some guy be a chili judge and he had little tolerance for hot! His descriptions of each chili he had to judge and then the other judges' commentaries on his reactions made me laugh so hard I cried! :lmao

@JB - ???? Do you eat/like hot peppers or not?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
red_hot_pepper_profil_poster-p228333576761896328tdcp_400.jpg

My mom grows some strain of tiny red ad green chili peppers.

I don't know what kind they are, but they're so ridiculously hot I can't cook with them. Last time I tried, a small slice of pepper painted a burning hot stripe down my tongue and then down my throat. I thought I was going to die...

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score

I don't know what kind they are, but they're so ridiculously hot I can't cook with them. Last time I tried, a small slice of pepper painted a burning hot stripe down my tongue and then down my throat. I thought I was going to die...

I'm so sorry but I'm :lmao ... can you get a vid of your reaction next time? :D :skull (I'm very glad you didn't actually die and hope you aren't offended by me being amused). I don't get why anyone tries to tolerate hot peppers ... if it burns just don't touch it again. :D Just an idea.

@Staubi :eek: Cure? I'm not sure I want to know which ones or exactly how because my imagination is not painting a "happily cured" picture. :D Ghost is a word I can say and type while I can do neither for the real name for #1 hottest pepper - so thanks for the alternative name to call it. :thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm so sorry but I'm :lmao ... can you get a vid of your reaction next time? :D :skull (I'm very glad you didn't actually die and hope you aren't offended by me being amused). I don't get why anyone tries to tolerate hot peppers ... if it burns just don't touch it again. :D Just an idea.

It's wierd. I actually like hot stuff.
But these were beyond hot, and I used very little of them for this particular recipe.

Oh, and
middle-finger.jpg

:D :D :D :D

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
It's wierd. I actually like hot stuff.
But these were beyond hot, and I used very little of them for this particular recipe.

Oh, and
middle-finger.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Well, as long as you weren't offended! :lmao
A couple of the guys on the EHB clips were like you - they also like hot stuff but yeah they had their limits as well. :D

desertbird

Reaction score
This is what made the "Ghost Chili" famous!

[video=youtube;wQPp3Tg61A4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQPp3Tg61A4[/video]

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
This is what made the "Ghost Chili" famous!

YouTube- THE FOUR HORSEMEN.
OMG! He's fucking insane! I yelled at him not to do it! I couldn't even laugh at him I was just very worried - that's crazy! Why? Why would anyone? That's nuts! I can't freaking believe he did that! LMAO@the end though when he said he was elated to still be alive! I fucking guess so! :eek: Holy shit! My mouth even hurts in sympathy, lol. He's insane. The other three who did it are also insane. :point Why'd they do this? I just don't get it.

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
My brother can eat diced habaneros and puts Dave's Insanity Sauce on his tacos, doesn't even break a sweat.:eek:
Pain receptor malfunction? :D I can't fathom this.

~FM

Uber Caffeinated
Reaction score
"It tastes like pain."

:D

Kang-In: "is there anything wrong now with Anadita (woman who ate 60 #1 hottest peppers)?"
Host: "No.There is nothing currently wrong with Anadita."
Kang-In "Then she's amazing"
Host: "Yes she's very amazing."
later after host merely chews a small piece of #1 hottest
Kang-In "What was that woman's name again?"
Host: "What?"
Kang-In: "The woman who ate 60 peppers?"
Host (can't focus): "Wasn't it Hakuna Matata or something?" :lmao

After re-watching the Four Horsemen clip I'm even more amazed there is some woman who survived eating 60 ghost chilis in under 2 minutes. :eek: I agree with EHB host - yes she's verrrrry amazing! :eek::eek::eek:

motormonkey

Reaction score
Back to the top. Carolina reaper with jalapeño, red onion in eggs from garden.
Reapers by far are the hottest peppers I have ever eaten so far.

Attachments

• 20210904_095035.jpg
    20210904_095035.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 52

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
One of my favorite vietnamese/thai restaurants' owner grows peppers at home that he brings in and will use if you request it. Its actually quite funny because every time you order "extra spicy" the cook will pop his head out of the kitchen to make sure he recognizes you first.

Any way the pepper he grows is a hybrid and its a Carolina Reaper crossed with a Trinidad Scorpion Pepper. Insanely hot and also tastes great.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

You’re talking that little one about the size of a fingernail?
A guy at work used to bring those in.
Was comedy at its finest watching the gringos try one. It’s so small, how bad could it be.😎😂

motormonkey

Reaction score
El Pollo Corona in Simi has a red sauce, ask for it spicey. I don't know what's in it , maybe they like to get the gringo, It's like you got hit with CS gas. Eyes, nose, all of gets running fast. Haha. I've had insanity sauce before and this put it to shame.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I'm growing Scorpion peppers, whatever you do, don't put one in the garbage disposal. Had to clear the kitchen. SMH
Same with the ghost peppers
And don’t touch your eyes .
Or touch you penis with out washing your hands first and that might not help .

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My wife eats ghost peppers like they are nothing. Literally, takes a zip lock bag with her to restaurants. She has the hottest sauces in the world....the ones you have to sign a disclosure before you buy. In turn, I eat some hotter things, but nothing like her. She could take on any of those.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
C3A349BA-ECC0-4A26-833D-B74A38BA551E.jpeg

F446BCDB-2A26-48F2-A67D-1C90CC7150EF.jpeg

Reapers are the hottest I’ve ever had. FIL loves growing them.

I dry them out, run them through a coffe grinder and use the powder on everything.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I put the ghost on the BBQ to dry out
Chop up with knife and make flakes

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i used to grow habaneros(sp?) and i ruined everything i cooked with them.

poncho

Reaction score
About 10 years ago a friend of mine when we were in Dutch Harbor said the Unisea Bar is having a pepper eating contest on Sunday and i'm going to join in. I have no idea what kind of peppers they were but judging by the contestants faces they were very hot. I have never been able to do hot, when I was 10 the whole inside of my mouth was burned by hot chocolate and I always figured that was why.
At about 10 to 12 peppers it was down to like 3 people left with several laying in the grass out back being watched by paramedics.
Darren won with 18 peppers, it would be impossible to describe his skin color and just his overall demeanor. He would burp 2 or 3 hours later and I figured I was going to need paddles to bring him back, the look on his face.
Can't imagine anyone voluntarily doing that to themselves.

Last edited: