WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

...the aftermath...do you locals reap the rewards?

Water Romper

Reaction score
So I posted earlier that the channel was full at 7:30 am this morning- other peeps chimed in (and a video as proof) that it was in fact crowded.

So, for you locals that walk the channel "the day after' ...do you bring a metal detector and scoop up jewelry and money? I always enjoyed the guy that posted the video of diving Copper Canyon. When I was in So Cal, I would hit up Huntington Beach pier after a hot August weekend (or after 4th of July) and detect. Didn't make my millions but did find money, jewelry etc.

Any Havi stories of hitting the "mother lode" ?

View attachment 1120847

Boat 405

Reaction score
Or just go on the water this Wednesday when everyone leaves. 😎

endobear

Reaction score
Not Havasu but I used to be friends with a dude that was a lift mechanic at a ski area. He would search and detect under the ski lifts during the summer. Made a killing.
lots of rings. People pull their gloves off on the lift and their rings go flinging off. Best I heard him bring in was $10k for one wedding ring.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Not Havasu but I used to be friends with a dude that was a lift mechanic at a ski area. He would search and detect under the ski lifts during the summer. Made a killing.
lots of rings. People pull their gloves off on the lift and their rings go flinging off. Best I heard him bring in was $10k for one wedding ring.
I forgot about the "lifts"- I worked at Mt. Baldy back in the 70's and when we worked on the lifts after winter, when the snow was all gone, I would find gloves, paper money etc, nothing of real value- this was way before I got old and started the "Old Guy Metal Detector" thing ;)