WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The best marine stereo place??

WET-N-WILD LIGHTNING

Reaction score
Where is the place to contact about marine stereo systems? I need more power to run my system all day when I'm parked. I keep reading all these forums and everyone has a different option. Use a genny or not?? Run 2, 3, or 4 batteries? Everyone says a different group and brand. Can't find a decent priced high output alternator for my boat. Well I'm tired of throwing money at this issue and not getting anywhere. So I want to know who is the best person to take my boat to and have issue figured out and solved for the last time?

Wired4Sound

Reaction score
Where is the place to contact about marine stereo systems? I need more power to run my system all day when I'm parked. I keep reading all these forums and everyone has a different option. Use a genny or not?? Run 2, 3, or 4 batteries? Everyone says a different group and brand. Can't find a decent priced high output alternator for my boat. Well I'm tired of throwing money at this issue and not getting anywhere. So I want to know who is the best person to take my boat to and have issue figured out and solved for the last time?

my boat runs for 9 hrs on two batteries,call me ill hook you up with what i did 951 696 2200 adam

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Adam is the guy I have used for all my stereos in the past. :)

RD

WET-N-WILD LIGHTNING

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the response. I have been trying to get ahold of Mike from Speed of Sound but no luck.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I really think its important to take it to someone who knows boats and works on a lot of boats. I would even take it to a boat mechanic before I took it to a random car audio shop that does only a few boats a year. I have friends that have spent BIG dollars, like $20,000 on systems from big name shops that didn't work for shit. Its amazing to me how many audio shops cant wire a battery selector correctly. A lot of them don't understand isolating 1 battery for starting the motor etc.

My last stereo was the best Ive ever had and I did all the matching Marine JL stuff, I don't know if it was the class D amps or that its an engineered system but it all worked and worked well together . Sounded great and I never successfully killed a battery, and believe me I really tried. 6 hours of running the stereo on the beach at lake powell...no problem. Im sure there is better sounding stuff out there but it sounded amazing and having it work all the time was worth its weight in gold.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I run my wakeboard boat all day (Longest has been 11 hours) Jumped in and it fired right up. I run 2 optimal and have one for a start battery should the need ever arise. After 4 years haven't yet have to switch over to the start battery. My setup has all alpine PDX Amps, focal speakers inside, horns and 8s on the tower and alpine type r subs. After years of literally abusing my stuff it's in right now getting an improvement.

If you Are close to Ontario mills mall I would say take a trip to al and Ed's as my boat is there now and done and they can show you what they are capable of. Before my upgrades I was one f the loudest boats in Parker now with the new stuff it will be interesting to say the least. ;)

909-481-8411 ask for Darren or Dallas.

View attachment 224424

WET-N-WILD LIGHTNING

Reaction score
I really think its important to take it to someone who knows boats and works on a lot of boats. I would even take it to a boat mechanic before I took it to a random car audio shop that does only a few boats a year. I have friends that have spent BIG dollars, like $20,000 on systems from big name shops that didn't work for shit. Its amazing to me how many audio shops cant wire a battery selector correctly. A lot of them don't understand isolating 1 battery for starting the motor etc.

My last stereo was the best Ive ever had and I did all the matching Marine JL stuff, I don't know if it was the class D amps or that its an engineered system but it all worked and worked well together . Sounded great and I never successfully killed a battery, and believe me I really tried. 6 hours of running the stereo on the beach at lake powell...no problem. Im sure there is better sounding stuff out there but it sounded amazing and having it work all the time was worth its weight in gold.

WELL I'M HOPING I CAN GET MY ISSUES SOLVED SOON OR MY WIFE IS GOING TO KILL ME:)

I run my wakeboard boat all day (Longest has been 11 hours) Jumped in and it fired right up. I run 2 optimal and have one for a start battery should the need ever arise. After 4 years haven't yet have to switch over to the start battery. My setup has all alpine PDX Amps, focal speakers inside, horns and 8s on the tower and alpine type r subs. After years of literally abusing my stuff it's in right now getting an improvement.

If you Are close to Ontario mills mall I would say take a trip to al and Ed's as my boat is there now and done and they can show you what they are capable of. Before my upgrades I was one f the loudest boats in Parker now with the new stuff it will be interesting to say the least. ;)

909-481-8411 ask for Darren or Dallas.

View attachment 224424

THANKS I'LL SEE IF I CAN GET DOWN THERE SOON. THANKS FOR THE HELP

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Check out blue seas battery relay charging system View attachment 4 26454[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 482