WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Birth of a New DCB Model - M37R

sirbob

Reaction score
they average 14-18 boats a year.
@Tony DCB Boats has always said, they will never increase production if it impacts quality. They would rather build fewer high quality boats then increase production and see quality fall

With all due respect - “they will never increase production if it impacts quality” - is a bullshit statement.

Mercedes has no problem producing hundreds of thousands of units per year and maintaining high quality - as do MANY other manufactures,

What I hear when somebody says that line is - we don’t want to get out over our skis with building out the infrastructure to support the high quality & high production in a business that is so driven by economic business cycles.

Be a high quality niche player that is nimble enough to sustain the long haul - I agree with that and think that is what they are really trying to do.

IMHO

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
And I wish NTB could offer something other than to tell people here why they are always wrong.

You seem to have a lot of boating knowledge - I wish you would share it in a more collaborative way or proactively sharing opinions and information that could inform us and stimulate a conversation.

Why don’t you START some threads on some of these topics you know so much about and engage others in a conversation. Rather than wait for what you see as an opportunity to thread crap and act like the smartest guy in the room.

My business isn’t performance boating (as you seem to be an expert in). However what I do know is, in my business nobody likes being in a meeting (read - on a forum with) with somebody seen as “the smartest guy in the room”.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I don't ever remember reading a thread where the census was 100% by any stretch. The Talent on this board always amazes me. I read most everything like we are having a beer or two which often changes the dynamic of the conversation.
Far too often some have stuck their necks out and been lambasted for an opinion with decades of knowledge behind them. Too many times they stop posting.
I'll take/read whatever anyone wants to throw out here over nothing. :cool:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Are there any east coasters buying DCBs or would the customer experience be less than perfect trying to do that kind of purchase 3000 miles away? I know MTI has added a southern Florida facility just to give their customers a better experience.

BTW, I was told that MTI currently has about 20 boats in que of production. So I am not quite sure what that will equate to at the end of their fiscal year numbers wise. However, they do have more offerings (center consoles too) than DCB so I would expect a few more leaving the manufacture.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Very nice !!!

More Outboard dominance. Just as we’ve seen coming for many years. People that are new to Boating just don’t understand. And that’s OK they’re new.

The Outboard church is always open to welcome them when they’re ready. And they will transition !!!

It’s amazing how few used outboards are on the used market when you look at the thousands and thousands of engines produced. Wow :D

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
After the "money" gets tired of the lack of excitement associated with mid sized and large outboard powered "performance" boats, they try to get rid of them..... and can't....

Here is the REALITY OF IT.... not the BS rhetoric we see here from LOYALISTS... the REALITY

For sale RIGHT NOW and not selling...

2019 "Special Edition" MTI 340X - with 400's - low hours - absolutely beautiful boat - $415,000.00 - on the market for 4 months recently price reduced
2019 MTI 340X - twin 400's - also low hours - beautiful - PRICE REDUCED $419,000.00 on the market for 3 months
2019 MTI 340X - All Carbon, twin too's, 75 hours, exotic paint - Twin 400's everything matches including the engines $429,000.00 $429,000.00
2019 MTI 340x - twin 400's, 65 hours, $415,000.00 For sale for 3 months
2018 MTI 340X - 100 hours on twin 400's, all the right electronics etc - $375,000.00 not selling
2020 MTi 340x - Full carbon boat, twin 450's, 10 hours, $549,000.00 on market since early December
2019 MTI 340 X - twin 450's - 50 hours, $549,000.00 not selling for 3 months
2018 MTI 340 X - very custom paint, twin 400's, 60 hours - $419,000.00 not selling
2018 MTI 340X - full carbon boat, Twin 400's. for sale since August 2018, PRICE REDUCED $369,900.00 not selling

2019 Mystic C3800 - Twin 400's, Highly optioned boat - Absolutely beautiful paint and low hours $389,900.00 HUGE PRICE REDUCTION on market since Oct 2019
2020 Mystic C3800 - twin 450's - BRAND NEW - For sale since Oct 2018 not selling...

2019 Wright Performance 36 - Twin 400's with 50 hours, beautiful boat - $429,950.00 not selling since Oct 2019
2018 Wright Performance 36 - Twin 400's, 145 hours, Highly optioned - not selling at $419,950.00
2019 Wright Performance 420 - Twin 450's, 38 hours, Very custom paint highly optioned, On market since Octo 2019 not selling
2020 Wright Performance 360 - Twin 400s, Highly optioned, on marlet 5 months not selling

The Bullhead Bully wanted you all to believe that these boats "fly of the shelf" when used ones are available (and for "all the money" and I told you NO THAT'S NOT REALITY, its not what is actually happening.. above are ACTUAL BOATS FOR SALE RIGHT NOW that have been for sale..... AND NOT SELLING - THAT IS CALLED REALITY

I guess we are to believe that NORDICS are moe highly customized, lighter and more precise layup, more agile, more "highly performing" and more in demand than the brands above, and that adding a 37 foot DCB Outboard Powered Air Entrapment Catamaran represents "marketing nirvana" and the pinnacle of performance boating.

I realize that Reality never sells well here on RDP - but there you have it ....
You seem to know a lot and know it all... Next time DCB wants some professional input on the pulse of the industry, we will give you a call.

Thank you

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Very nice !!!

More Outboard dominance. Just as we’ve seen coming for many years. People that are new to Boating just don’t understand. And that’s OK they’re new.

The Outboard church is always open to welcome them when they’re ready. And they will transition !!!

It’s amazing how few used outboards are on the used market when you look at the thousands and thousands of engines produced. Wow :D
Great point Paul.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You seem to know a lot and know it all... Next time DCB wants some professional input on the pulse of the industry, we will give you a call.

Thank you
:D:D:DThat was funny.

Come on now, don't you know all things can be answered with the almighty Google:p

BTW, boat's looking great!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

Thank you

Very intelligent of you to reach out for professional input...........:D
I can't afford a new or used $300k+ boat so I guess I'm "stuck" with my 30' boring "performance" boat that runs 100mph with bone stock 600hp & sips fuel.
Back to this badass new 37 DCB, can't wait to see the 1st one but I have special interest in the 2nd one....