WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Bravery Created...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Much like the internet, people have now moved their "courage" to the real world. BLM/Pantifa individuals choose to attack those who are outnumbered, or even find isolated individuals. There was a story recently of a large firework, thrown into the dining patio to harm Trump supporters eating dinner. There have been multiple attacks upon elderly individuals, "sucker punched". Any individual who may pose a threat is usually accosted by one, who takes the first swing. That individual melts into the fray, as others are emboldened to follow suit.

There are those that condone such violence. Once again, they do so from the safety and security of their computer. Some, wealthy or famous, do so from their guarded homes. It is easy to condone such actions when they seem so remote as to not effect you. Performing acts of violence is relatively easy. The downside comes when there is a cost for your actions. Be it punishment by the law, or vengeance from the wronged, it will be slightly different. Currently, there is little to dissuade people. DA's aren't doing much, and that is only if a culprit is identified.

Those who feel safely distanced from the fray are suffering some sort of delusion. They feel that their status will protect them. They seem to feel that violence only effects some intended targets, but not the whole of society. When a person can do harm, or commit violence, with no fear of reprisal, what is to stop them ultimately? When a group cries "Burn it all down", what will stop the flames?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lead will stop the flames
Violence begets more violence...as things accelerate, what will be the end? The media paints people with my mindset as "right wing extremists". All it takes to be labeled as such is to want truth, freedom and safety for my family or those around me. I've now seen media label American heros like John Tiegen as a radical. I've seen a video of a pantifa member shooting a patriot, and the media claims self defense...a young man labeled a cold blooded killer, a white supremacist, for shooting those who had all intent to kill him.

As critical mass approaches, those acting to save the republic will not be afforded the same anonymity given to those starting the violence. It's just one or two at a time now, left attacking right. What happens later? What happens if the left should take the Presidency? What if the people who speak of lists, start to compile them?

The left had already "doxed" those legally fighting for Trump. Threats of harm to those simply pushing paper. Those that stand up to act with a stronger hand are risking a stronger punishment.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Violence begets more violence...as things accelerate, what will be the end? The media paints people with my mindset as "right wing extremists". All it takes to be labeled as such is to want truth, freedom and safety for my family or those around me. I've now seen media label American heros like John Tiegen as a radical. I've seen a video of a pantifa member shooting a patriot, and the media claims self defense...a young man labeled a cold blooded killer, a white supremacist, for shooting those who had all intent to kill him.

As critical mass approaches, those acting to save the republic will not be afforded the same anonymity given to those starting the violence. It's just one or two at a time now, left attacking right. What happens later? What happens if the left should take the Presidency? What if the people who speak of lists, start to compile them?

The left had already "doxed" those legally fighting for Trump. Threats of harm to those simply pushing paper. Those that stand up to act with a stronger hand are risking a stronger punishment.

Lists suck.
1931DC38-2B70-4B25-8A02-5A22F4547D2B.jpeg

All of your questions have been answered repeatedly throughout history.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Lists suck.
View attachment 944199

All of your questions have been answered repeatedly throughout history.
I have no fear of my own demise...we're all going to reach that door. Some sooner than others, but some not soon enough.

I honestly fear for my children. As pointed out above, history has given us insight as to what becomes of the opposition within a true totalitarian society. Offspring are punished, or worse, for their parents' or even forefathers' beliefs. Groups have already taken swings at children and the elderly.

I find myself wondering lately. The actions I've taken, or things I've witnessed in the past, were not good. Now it seems those events may have given me some advantage as the future draws near.

I feel torn, somewhere between fear and anticipation. I've talked with several friends, they feel the same. Different backgrounds, veterans of different wars, ex-convict who has since made a good life, and even a church going family man who's never been around any type of violence. Everyone feels on edge. History shows us what is coming, and yet there are those that cannot see it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have no fear of my own demise...we're all going to reach that door. Some sooner than others, but some not soon enough.

I honestly fear for my children. As pointed out above, history has given us insight as to what becomes of the opposition within a true totalitarian society. Offspring are punished, or worse, for their parents' or even forefathers' beliefs. Groups have already taken swings at children and the elderly.

I find myself wondering lately. The actions I've taken, or things I've witnessed in the past, were not good. Now it seems those events may have given me some advantage as the future draws near.

I feel torn, somewhere between fear and anticipation. I've talked with several friends, they feel the same. Different backgrounds, veterans of different wars, ex-convict who has since made a good life, and even a church going family man who's never been around any type of violence. Everyone feels on edge. History shows us what is coming, and yet there are those that cannot see it.

Very good analogy, and very close to my feelings as well, although I lean more towards anticipation.
It’s worth noting that in the picture I posted those are all women in that mass grave.
The men were already segregated and killed.
So for those afraid to sacrifice not because they are afraid for themselves, but are afraid for their family, remember, compliance won’t save anything.
If things devolve to that point in our lifetime, the choice will be easy, and the questions will be answered without hesitation. Thousands and thousands of Americans have known this at the precise moment of decision. it’s why men can run straight into machine gun fire despite fear.
It becomes bigger than ones own self.

1D372823-35A2-4877-8891-7252FDADFE6C.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Very good analogy, and very close to my feelings as well, although I lean more towards anticipation.
It’s worth noting that in the picture I posted those are all women in that mass grave.
The men were already segregated and killed.
So for those afraid to sacrifice not because they are afraid for themselves, but are afraid for their family, remember, compliance won’t save anything.
If things devolve to that point in our lifetime, the choice will be easy, and the questions will be answered without hesitation. Thousands and thousands of Americans have known this at the precise moment of decision. it’s why men can run straight into machine gun fire despite fear.
It becomes bigger than ones own self.

View attachment 944227
I think my "fear" doesn't stem from the actual future, or what may take place. I have seen the worst in man, as well as the best. Talking with friends who are veterans of different conflicts, it is when the the two must meet. Taking actions to survive or to help others, that would normally be opposed to your beliefs. It is one thing to talk about it, another to do it. Some talk, but haven't really given much thought to the actual actions, nor the long term reprocussions.

I don't fear the future, I don't fear death. I do fear what actions I may choose to take.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm going to reference an old movie quote that I think applies to many things we encounter throughout our lives, including this particular topic.

"Be nice until it's time to not be nice."

This is the outlook I try to have towards people and the approach I usually take whenever different situations arise. Whether it be helping a stranded motorist roadside or staring into the eyes of a truly evil person, I do my best to always be prepared for the worst. I approach the situation with an optimistic outlook and allow myself to be friendly and accommodating. If I can help, then I will do my absolute best to help someone. If that situation turns sideways and goes to shit, I hope to have an exit plan. If I am somehow immersed in a situation where I cannot approach the matter in a friendly manner, then I will move forward through that event with the idea that whatever happens, I need to do anything and everything to improve my chances of going home to my family.

Just my .02 to add to this discussion. Carry on and stay safe folks! 😉

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm going to reference an old movie quote that I think applies to many things we encounter throughout our lives, including this particular topic.

"Be nice until it's time to not be nice."

This is the outlook I try to have towards people and the approach I usually take whenever different situations arise. Whether it be helping a stranded motorist roadside or staring into the eyes of a truly evil person, I do my best to always be prepared for the worst. I approach the situation with an optimistic outlook and allow myself to be friendly and accommodating. If I can help, then I will do my absolute best to help someone. If that situation turns sideways and goes to shit, I hope to have an exit plan. If I am somehow immersed in a situation where I cannot approach the matter in a friendly manner, then I will move forward through that event with the idea that whatever happens, I need to do anything and everything to improve my chances of going home to my family.

Just my .02 to add to this discussion. Carry on and stay safe folks! 😉
My motto has been "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"
The past decade I've tried to be prepared for events that may or may not happen. I worry about my kids, my friends and their families as well. First aid, food, water...tools to provide and protect the above. I have thought of, and prepared for many different scenarios...didn't see these cards being laid out.

I have tried to be nicer these past years. Maybe to make up for the years I wasn't, or maybe just becoming a better human. I don't know, probably some sort of combination of the two.

I do know this, lately I've come to the realization that it wouldn't be hard to fall back into certain aspects of a previous time. To be honest, it is almost comforting, knowing that most of the opposition has few skills. Some of us have not taken a standard path through life, and thus built a diverse skill set.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
My motto has been "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst"
The past decade I've tried to be prepared for events that may or may not happen. I worry about my kids, my friends and their families as well. First aid, food, water...tools to provide and protect the above. I have thought of, and prepared for many different scenarios...didn't see these cards being laid out.

I have tried to be nicer these past years. Maybe to make up for the years I wasn't, or maybe just becoming a better human. I don't know, probably some sort of combination of the two.

I do know this, lately I've come to the realization that it wouldn't be hard to fall back into certain aspects of a previous time. To be honest, it is almost comforting, knowing that most of the opposition has few skills. Some of us have not taken a standard path through life, and thus built a diverse skill set.
Liam Neeson is that you??? Hahaha

Last part about diverse skill set reminded me of Taken haha.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Liam Neeson is that you??? Hahaha

Last part about diverse skill set reminded me of Taken haha.
Not so much tracking people, nor torture...leave that to the pros. Some mechanical, some electronic, a little chemistry...even a basic understanding of geometry, physics and math. There are so many things the average working class individuals use every day, and don't really think about it. Use those same skills or abilities for different purposes, and worlds collide. Most people see themselves as powerless, because they only see their attributes used in everyday life.

There would be less fear in the world if people chose to rely on their own efforts and skills. The government can't save you, and it's truly unfair that people rely on police and firemen.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Not so much tracking people, nor torture...leave that to the pros. Some mechanical, some electronic, a little chemistry...even a basic understanding of geometry, physics and math. There are so many things the average working class individuals use every day, and don't really think about it. Use those same skills or abilities for different purposes, and worlds collide. Most people see themselves as powerless, because they only see their attributes used in everyday life.

There would be less fear in the world if people chose to rely on their own efforts and skills. The government can't save you, and it's truly unfair that people rely on police and firemen.

This is a very good point.
Pretty much every technology we know is applied to war in some fashion. Even (and maybe especially) space shit.
A lot of officers from the draft era were rather mundane civilians.
Teachers and whatever.
Add in a discernible lack of empathy for traitorous enemy and you get a medal winner.