WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The calm before the storm

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Arrived in Havi with my sons around noon. Picked up some groceries and then did a couple lighting repairs on the boat trailer. As per the usual routine, I fired up the boat and let it run for a bit. I quickly noticed a fairly loud noise coming from a belt or pulley. Crap! On the other hand, this why I always check things out before I head to the ramp.

I took the boat over to Carder Performance at about 340pm. Once I got there I saw that his gate was locked. I gave Cale a call and he called right back. He was at the shop and he would be right out. Cale quickly determined that a belt needed replacement. He had it in stock and replaced it- No Charge. I was out of there in 30 min. Cale has bailed me out three different times over the years. He always comes thru.

We headed to the Marina and launched. There were not that many trailers in the lot and few boats on the lake. The weather was gorgeous: 85-90 and little if any wind. The lake was so calm and peaceful. We blazed down to Steamboat and hung out for a couple of hours. The ride back was epic. Pulled the boat out and the wipe down area was a ghost town. Tomorrow afternoon should look a little different.

Image1464326757.584751.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Love that 24! Glad cale was able to come through for you! Might see you out on the water towards the end of the weekend..

TCHB

Reaction score
Nice looking boat. Great to hear people like this helping out.

707dog

Reaction score
Thats cool cant wait to boat there mid week sounds like you might want to drop that guy off a gift bag for being on point. Never know when you may be in a pinch again.:thumbsup