WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Christmas light thread...

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Lets see em.

Here is mine, not bad for a new rental and not having the house figured out just yet. I usually go much bigger. Bronco isn't drivable right now so its an ornament 😁

fullsizeoutput_df9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_dfb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_dfd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_dff.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_dec.jpeg

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Looks good guys.
Still working on my outdoor ones and hope to be complete by this weekend. I have wrapped 14 of my 40 something king palm trunks with over 6,000 led lights and they are connected to a little light show deal and it is actually is pretty cool. The little speaker box didn't cut it for sound so I installed a 3.5mm mini jack and have plugged in my soundbar with sub-woofer and now it fits the bill. I'll get some video posted this weekend.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
Looks good guys.
Still working on my outdoor ones and hope to be complete by this weekend. I have wrapped 14 of my 40 something king palm trunks with over 6,000 led lights and they are connected to a little light show deal and it is actually is pretty cool. The little speaker box didn't cut it for sound so I installed a 3.5mm mini jack and have plugged in my soundbar with sub-woofer and now it fits the bill. I'll get some video posted this weekend.
Would love to see a pic or vid of that.

BONER

Reaction score

Baja 252

Reaction score
With working from home, we have spent most of the past year at the lake house (LOTO). I couldn't really bring down all the Xmas decorations, but I did wrap some lights on the deck railing. With all the furniture put away for winter it helped the the deck look a little better. The blue lights are dock lights across the cove.

IMG_8924.JPG

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If there were going to be any kids, our's or our grandkids, with us this Christmas I'd try to light our home up like the English Village. After this last year we all deserve it. I recently saw where the Newport Beach Boat Parade of Lights was cancelled. That may be the official parade. But, there's not a damn thing stopping the Newport home owner's from putting total knock out decorations on their homes and boats. Even their local massive fleet of Duffy's can be impressively decorated. Hope it turns out great. After one time being cancelled, I sincerely applaud our local LHC boat owners who have entered our Boat Parade. Let's do our best to support and attend our local parade. Dress warm and enjoy!

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
If there were going to be any kids, our's or our grandkids, with us this Christmas I'd try to light our home up like the English Village. After this last year we all deserve it. I recently saw where the Newport Beach Boat Parade of Lights was cancelled. That may be the official parade. But, there's not a damn thing stopping the Newport home owner's from putting total knock out decorations on their homes and boats. Even their local massive fleet of Duffy's can be impressively decorated. Hope it turns out great. After one time being cancelled, I sincerely applaud our local LHC boat owners who have entered our Boat Parade. Let's do our best to support and attend our local parade. Dress warm and enjoy!
Yeah, it definitely sucks. I work all over Newport Beach/harbor and I heard some underground gossip that some owners are putting on a parade anyways.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yeah, it definitely sucks. I work all over Newport Beach/harbor and I heard some underground gossip that some owners are putting on a parade anyways.
Unless they
Yes, I saw the replacement Parade openly posted. Believe it was a upcoming Friday and Saturday. Truthfully, I've been on many NPB Christmas Boat Parades. Outside in the open air is fine. But, due to cool weather, huddled up at the windows of a local restaurant or huddled in the salon of a beautifully decorated yacht is probably not prudent at this time. The financial impact on the local charter companies, caterers etc will be considerable.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
This is our back patio in our apartment. I still need to do a few strings around the front door. And windows and such. Built a little shelf to sit on top of the patio wall for the inflatables to sit on and to attach the net lights to. Have gotten several compliments from neighbors appreciating the lights.
20201201_221214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

samsah33

Reaction score
Disclaimer - Not my house, it's a house I pass on my morning walks...!!! I think this was the most the homeowner ever did, it's usually limited to the single string of garland draped over the garage light, but he really above and beyond last year. I will update if and when he unveils the 2020 Christmas Spectacular!!!
20191206_070137.jpg

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
We did get our tree up today and put the new topper on. (Turn sound on)

Live Long and Prosper.

Berdes

Reaction score
Ya'll are just plain overboard with this. Thought I was doing good putting a colored bulb in BOTH the front and side fixtures.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I wish I had pictures of my parents house I used to do every year by myself. I made 8' tall caddy canes and all. It was so done up that we had people stop by the house almost every year and ask to take their Christmas card pictures in front of it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DLC