WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The come back of HTM boats.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Bottom line is I didn't buy my boat because I needed to prove something or be the fastest. I got hooked on them after I riding in the Got Wood boat with an SBC. I bought my boat because of my passion for the company and the family as I've been friends with Sharece for years. I always admired what Steve did and what he was working towards. He was like a mad scientist. His passion reminded me of my passion. So when I had the opportunity to buy a piece of history I did. I'd like to think I helped play a role in them wanting to get this started again. But I don't think people should be discouraged by other owners who act like they should be telling you how to operate our boat or talking shit about you or your speed runs. It is bad for the brand and I hope they clean it up after I exited that situation. I rec'd a lot of messages about what went down and people were disgusted by it. But I removed that thread as I didn't want it to have a negative impact on the brand. Lia messaged me and asked me to stay but I explained why I couldn't. The attacks wouldn't have stopped so I did what was best. I love them they are amazing people who I know personally. I know they are going to do big things and have a great plan and foundation. I will always be apart of the HTM family, but I will not be apart of the other side when stuff like what happened happens. Anyways I apologize if I was a Dick earlier in the thread because I let someone get the best of me.

TCHB

Reaction score
I hope HTM comes back into the market strong! It is not easy to step into a market like performance boats but one thing hey have is passion! Good luck to all involved!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Bottom line is I didn't buy my boat because I needed to prove something or be the fastest. I got hooked on them after I riding in the Got Wood boat with an SBC. I bought my boat because of my passion for the company and the family as I've been friends with Sharece for years. I always admired what Steve did and what he was working towards. He was like a mad scientist. His passion reminded me of my passion. So when I had the opportunity to buy a piece of history I did. I'd like to think I helped play a role in them wanting to get this started again. But I don't think people should be discouraged by other owners who act like they should be telling you how to operate our boat or talking shit about you or your speed runs. It is bad for the brand and I hope they clean it up after I exited that situation. I rec'd a lot of messages about what went down and people were disgusted by it. But I removed that thread as I didn't want it to have a negative impact on the brand. Lia messaged me and asked me to stay but I explained why I couldn't. The attacks wouldn't have stopped so I did what was best. I love them they are amazing people who I know personally. I know they are going to do big things and have a great plan and foundation. I will always be apart of the HTM family, but I will not be apart of the other side when stuff like what happened happens. Anyways I apologize if I was a Dick earlier in the thread because I let someone get the best of me.

Get your dick out of the dirt and keep moving forward.

When the plane is flying and shit goes sideways you don't just walk away from the cockpit, pull over, and quit. You keep flying that fucker until it's back on the ground.

There is only winning and learning. Sounds like you're grasping the latter. Don't kick rocks just yet. Be a motivator, a doer, and a closer. Fuck you, you're better than that shit. At the very least you owe it to yourself to do it differently the next time around and the only way you can prove it is by sticking through it.

If you were in front of me I'd slap the fuck out of you right now [emoji1]

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

When the plane is flying and shit goes sideways you don't just walk away from the cockpit, pull over, and quit. You keep flying that fucker until it's back on the ground.

There is only winning and learning. Sounds like you're grasping the latter. Don't kick rocks just yet. Be a motivator, a doer, and a closer. Fuck you, you're better than that shit. At the very least you owe it to yourself to do it differently the next time around and the only way you can prove it is by sticking through it.

Honestly I had to step away not because I did anything wrong but for whatever the reason among some of the other owners I have a target on my back and they come at me hard and in a lot of it's disrespectful. I get where you are coming from and I would normally agree. However I felt it was best that I step away for the betterment of the the company as it wouldn't stop and if other people saw it like they did it would turn them off to the brand. I explained this to others.

I'm still going to help with the other SM and I will donate my time when they need me. I love them to death and I will always be protective of them.

I guess I just don't have the time to defuse/defend while I'm so slammed with fixing the issues I was brought in to fix at my new company. But I guess you would've had to see it for yourself. There are some owners and "friends" who went on personal attacks and fabricated stories that were not true. If they read the thread they would know it wasn't true. But man I took it pretty good and honestly made me hate being in the group. Like I said I got a lot of message about it and they couldn't believe what was being said. I finally snapped and let loose. I lost my composure and it was not good on me. But I walked as it wouldn't have stopped if I stayed. Like I said for whatever the reason I have a target on my back and if I said "hey nice boat" someone who turn that into a pissing match talking shit about me not using my boat much this year (I was out of work for 5 months). But it would get real personal, and I ignored it as much as I could until Simone fabricated a story. Petty Cash saw it he can confirm. I even had people come at me for having my Bimini up. But it just set a bad tone and I don't want that to be a reflection on HTM. So I did it for them. Sucks for me, but in the end it was what was best. Now I'll steer clear of the regattas and get togethers as I do not feel the need to be around those people who want to walk around with a swinging Dick.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

I took a stand against people bullying there is nothing to stick around for. I did what was right. I was challenged by an non HTM owner to meet him at the park in that thread. Really? It's a boat for Christ sakes. He didn't have to fabricate a full story and it wouldn't have been an issue. You learn quickly how fake people are to your face only for them to go at you on SM. I did the right thing

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Riverking, keep up the good work.

There will always be people that do not like HTM that's ok.

There will always be people who like HTM keep things positive for them, they are possible customers. The others would have never been a customer regardless of any argument you could ever make.

milkmoney

Reaction score

U aint big enough to slap anything but ur meat. Lol.
Calm down killer, ain't nobody slapping nobody up in here homie [emoji6] [emoji4] [emoji202] [emoji482] [emoji106]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Hey riverking, my only post in this thread was a positive note, I have heard nothing but negative about said boat. Instead of asking the? , I jus left it out. No point in it. I seen ur passion about HTM and whether I or anyone else agrees or disagrees is irrelevant, jus do what u think is right [emoji106] [emoji202] [emoji482]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
U aint big enough to slap anything but ur meat. Lol.
Calm down killer, ain't nobody slapping nobody up in here homie [emoji6] [emoji4] [emoji202] [emoji482] [emoji106]

That's it, now you're getting slapped right after we slap Grads [emoji202][emoji6][emoji23]

Faceaz

Reaction score
Someone explain a " drivers boat"

To me it screams they ride like shit and are difficult to drive. That term keeps getting tossed around and I'm trying to understand it. Never heard DCB, Nordic, eliminator etc use those terms when describing their boats.

Imo it means a temperamental boat that has excellent potential when driven correctly. Some boats have way more adjustment variables than others.

I wouldn't say our boat is too much of a driver's boat, but can be driven like shit in the wrong hands. I was considering selling it at one time & had a self proclaimed expert come look at it. Guy jacked the engine all the way up, trimmed it out at 30mph & probably had the prop slip at 25%. He then declaired the boat was under propped & not set-up well with spray coming over the bow. I got back in the seat, dropped the engine to where it bit & it rode fine at 30. He tried to low ball me. I told him to go back to his 19'stv which he might be an expert at driving.. lol

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Well I guess the positive side is you are keeping the HTM thread at the top for the girls.. kinda hanged lanes though. Lol.

Good.
I hope they're reading along and learning.

There will always be the cheerleaders for a brand. To them I say good for you and your brand.

There will also always be negative Nellies.
To them I say, Fuck Grads. :D

These girls are on the right path, tooling a deck boat deck to go with their existing bottom. They should do the same with their 30.
I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot, but I see what's going on in the market.
The deck boat market is hot, that's where they should be concentrating their efforts.
Sure, there's a go fast market too. But with that market it's an endless battle to remain "top dog". You wind up chasing your own tail, or DCBs, or Elimiantors, then DCB again, rinse repeat.

I don't know how their hulls will work with outboard power but if I were them it's where I'd be aiming my R&D in the go fast market.

Try and stick to deck boats, HTM girls. ;) no mfg I work with out west can build them fast enough to keep up with demand. Try as they may, a stock for inventory build is sold sometime between lamination and rigging phase.
Build a quality product, offer excellent service after the sale, you will prosper.

attitude

Reaction score
I think a 24 with a 400r would be an awesome setup, short enough for the river but big enough for Havasu:thumbsup

warlock250

Reaction score
Good.

There will always be the cheerleaders for a brand. To them I say good for you and your brand.

These girls are on the right path, tooling a deck boat deck to go with their existing bottom. They should do the same with their 30.
I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot, but I see what's going on in the market.
The deck boat market is hot, that's where they should be concentrating their efforts.
Sure, there's a go fast market too. But with that market it's an endless battle to remain "top dog". You wind up chasing your own tail, or DCBs, or Elimiantors, then DCB again, rinse repeat.

I don't know how their hulls will work with outboard power but if I were them it's where I'd be aiming my R&D in the go fast market.

Try and stick to deck boats, HTM girls. ;) no mfg I work with out west can build them fast enough to keep up with demand. Try as they may, a stock for inventory build is sold sometime between lamination and rigging phase.
Build a quality product, offer excellent service after the sale, you will prosper.
I own a few boat stores and if I had some advice along the lines as to what sells. It's a deck boat in the fiberglass market or Pontoon boats. The more people you can take out on a boat is the way its going now. Even down south with the explosion of the center console boats. They are like offshore pontoon or deck boats.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
As big of a boat as it is, it would probably need twins to get out of its own way.

Earlier in the thread they claimed a 24 with twin 225s ran 106 so don't think a 400r would be much slower especially with lass drag?

Not only that, somewhere in this thread it's suggested the 24 is a 24 foot boat with a 22ish foot running surface.

If that's the case, 22ft running surface + 400hp outboard=Fun!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I personally don't have any experience with HTMs but I doubt it is a slow boat with a 400, I would be willing to bet it runs at least 85.

I'd guess it to be right in there, maybe even a little faster. But 106 with twin 225's seems really really fast. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I wouldn't guesstimate speed numbers of a single 400 based on the 106 number.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I always thought they were big for a 24' boat. Do they really have a 22' running surface? They have no glass swim step, I always figured they were 24' nose to transom, at least

warlock250

Reaction score
I'd guess it to be right in there, maybe even a little faster. But 106 with twin 225's seems really really fast. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying I wouldn't guesstimate speed numbers of a single 400 based on the 106 number.
I don't think they hit 106 with 225s. Kinda like all them 100 plus mph jet boats that we beat running 90.mph lol

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
It was Cale I believe that told me 105-106 light fuel with just Steve.

The owner of the boat at one time, Doug I believe was his name, told me on RDP 102 loaded on Elsinore.

When it was for sale on S&F the ad said 100+. This all might have been based off an incorrect speedo and not GPS, who knows. It was the only SR with twins that I know of. There was an SS for sale with twins about 4-5 years ago but I forgot what it was rigged with. Had green stripes I think.

The all white SR had the seats pushed back and had a ton of room in the cockpit. It was a cool boat.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Good.

Yes I've been cheerleading for them to finish the new deck. I've been telling them THAT will be the seller. You power it with a merc 600/700 under 26 feet and it will take the market over IMO. Trust me I hear you guys and I've been talking it up to them. They have to finish the mold on the top deck and make some changes and boom the lines are stunning and it kept true to the HTM model that Steve built. I'm glad I'm not the only who sees the potential in this Deck.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the pic of the one with twins. There was a member here I believe that chased it around for awhile trying to buy it. I believe it was a 97 and it had 2 different Outboards on it. It was for sale in Phoenix last time I heard.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I always thought they were big for a 24' boat. Do they really have a 22' running surface? They have no glass swim step, I always figured they were 24' nose to transom, at least

That was actually the only thing I never really liked about the boat. The height of the transom and how high it is above the swim steps.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I had pics of the SR with twins and I can't find it! I'm looking all over the net and can't find it. I know it's here on the boards somewhere it was last in Phoenix

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the pic of the one with twins. There was a member here I believe that chased it around for awhile trying to buy it. I believe it was a 97 and it had 2 different Outboards on it. It was for sale in Phoenix last time I heard.

I have tons of pics on my work computer. I'll post some.

Doug on here owned it. It went to Lancaster ca after him, vegas/havasu where it got destroyed, flagstaff where it got some shitty wrap and listed as "for trade for a horse trailer", Phoenix to a guy that tried to re prop it for skiing then traded it for a 10k$ dodge Dakota, then it was for sale by a car lot for 16k, then it was at an auction. The boat only had ~150 hours according to the tach but was in bad shape.

It was listed as a 97 a few times and a 98 later. It had twin 225's up until 07 or so. The owner put up a wtb post for a 225 then bought a 200. One was an original 225 PM, the other was a 200 with a fishing lower.

Last I heard it was in Canada.

HavaToon

Reaction score
This is the infamous one that ran around AZ for a while IMG_4816.JPG
And here is another one that was in Vegas. Its much better looking. http://m.powerboatlistings.com/view/24185
IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4819.JPG IMG_4820.JPG IMG_4821.JPG IMG_4822.JPG IMG_4823.JPG

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I have tons of pics on my work computer. I'll post some.

Doug on here owned it. It went to Lancaster ca after him, vegas/havasu where it got destroyed, flagstaff where it got some shitty wrap and listed as "for trade for a horse trailer", Phoenix to a guy that tried to re prop it for skiing then traded it for a 10k$ dodge Dakota, then it was for sale by a car lot for 16k, then it was at an auction. The boat only had ~150 hours according to the tach but was in bad shape.

It was listed as a 97 a few times and a 98 later. It had twin 225's up until 07 or so. The owner put up a wtb post for a 225 then bought a 200. One was an original 225 PM, the other was a 200 with a fishing lower.

Last I heard it was in Canada.

I remembered it having some crazy history like that. So weird that someone who swap 1 motor

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I remembered it having some crazy history like that. So weird that someone who swap 1 motor

I believe he blew up the 225, and just threw on a 200 to sell it. It was obvious that one was a CLE and the other wasnt. That was when it was for sale in havasu. The really odd part was, I pm'ed the guy about a year later asking about the motor, and he never replied, and then deleted the old for sale ad and pics. I have a picture somewhere of it under a canopy in havasu with non-matching lowers, being towed by a white chevy truck on like 49" iroks.

Kind of a shame how some boats get treated.

I didnt realize that SS with twins was still for sale. It was on craigslist years ago, those exact same pictures.

HavaToon

Reaction score
I didnt realize that SS with twins was still for sale. It was on craigslist years ago, those exact same pictures.

It's not necessarily still for sale, power boat listing is known for having very old expired adds.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score

Is there any clear pictures of the blue one? I want to throw it up on IG. Trying to get a lot of the boats that were built up there.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Is there any clear pictures of the blue one? I want to throw it up on IG. Trying to get a lot of the boats that were built up there.

I have a lot of pictures of the blue one. It is actually all white. The blue wrap was put on in ~08 or 09. I have probably 30-40 pics of that boat in a folder, I can get them to you.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
I have a lot of pictures of the blue one. It is actually all white. The blue wrap was put on in ~08 or 09. I have probably 30-40 pics of that boat in a folder, I can get them to you.

Please do it's awesome seeing and sharing all the old boats that were built

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
The gas tanks in new boats these day must be signed off by a division of the EPA. I forgot the exact name.

Here's an example that I am currently going through:
You take your boat to IMCO. Then, IMCO has to draw an exact layout/plan of what the new tank will be. They send in the drawing to the EPA agency to get approved. You need charcoal filters, multiple breathers and a few other bullshit items. Once the drawing is sent back to IMCO, then they can built the new gas tank.

From what I heard, if a boat MFG doesn't install approved tanks, it can be a $135K fine against them. If it is just a person that gets caught without an approved tank in a newer boat, then they can get a $35K fine throw at them.

This hasn't been around very long, so not many 100% know all the details, but that's the word I heard.

Ovomitcare is fucking gone now so, maybe Pres Trump will work on draining the EPA now. Let's cross our fingers. I need a new 2.5 Merc Drag mota!!