days-of-thunder-movie-quote-poster-art-mancavesportssigns.jpg

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Hit the pace car!!!!
What???
Hit the damn pace car!
Why?
Because you hit everything else out there so you might as well hit the damn pace car!
My favorite scene is when he gets new tires on the car after the flag...then puts the other car into wall. My old boss...in his Trans Am car did the exact same thing at willow spring (big track) to a factory Trans Am team driver who'd rubbed him a bit wrong during the race...LOL.

Then there was the one time I woken up at 6AM to head down to San Diego to "build a race car" outta a mostly wrecked mid '80s Monte Carlo my buddy had towed the night before. We had a cage outta something else that we hacked in half and torched the tubes down until it fit with the doors closed...sleeved 'em, welded a plate over the main hoop cross that didn't match up side to side any more and strapped his kid's teddy bear over it to hide the "joints"...welded the doors shut, knocked out the glass, torched new holes in a set of wider wheels he had and bolted them on with washers under the lug nuts...it was a shitshow, but it ran. Some dude put him into the wall a few times during the main at Barona, so on the cool down, my buddy pinched him on the track exit and folded the passenger front corner under dipshit's car.....crashed our car onto the trailer...threw a strap through the A pillar on one side and we hauled as outta there with a mob chasing us....

It was a good night.