WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Daytona 500 winner just texted me this...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
If this is true, kudos to NASCAR and their safety equipment. How you get t-boned at 200 m.p.h. and survive is beyond me.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
WOW
IMG_9196.jpg

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Now we can look forward to hearing how this is Trump's fault. Glad he's ok someone should give him a ride to a liquor store so he can buy a PowerBall ticket

Singleton

Reaction score
100% glad, my gut was 100% wrong
thoughts with Ryan and his family as he continues fighting and recovering

JD D05

Reaction score
I have been checking non stop. I don't know the guy at all but dude is a survivor period. I know that means nothing in an accident like that I suppose. So happy he is alive.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Met him a few times, he's a tough cookie, wishing you the best R.N.

GRADS

Reaction score
Fucking Grads in your board shorts and tee shirt at a golf tourney. Come on man. Look the part. [emoji1418]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that it looks like Ryan Newman is going to be ok, I'd like to note that like a good NASCAR driver I was representing my sponsors....Eliminator t-shirt, Eliminator visor and Shockwave coozie. 😜

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
So I missed it all yesterday, and tuned in today just in time to see this horrific crash. It looked to me that he was taken out. ? Glad he's ok.

4Waters

Reaction score
Wasn't he running a limited season this year, or was that someone else?

So I missed it all yesterday, and tuned in today just in time to see this horrific crash. It looked to me that he was taken out. ? Glad he's ok.
I saw that to, he was definitely bumped but maybe not on purpose.

MSum661

Reaction score

I wouldn't say He was taken out. Blaney nudged into him and said in his interview after the race that he wanted to get Newman through for the Win putting the 2 Ford Cars in 1st and 2nd at the 500.
Blaney was clearly upset afterwards, IMO, about how it went down at the end..
I believe His intentions were of good nature.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
un-fucking-believable.
Im not a NASCAR fan. Don’t even know who the hot shoes are these days.
But I do know this, that was easily the most violent crash I’ve seen in recent memory.
His impact into the wall by itself was more violent than previous fatal crashes I’ve seen.

It speaks volumes to the engineering involved in race cars of all kinds today.
This was the absolute outer limits of what a car can do to protect the pilot.
One degree different impact angle, one MPH difference on either impact, one more flip after crashing down from the SECOND aerial journey, one more gallon of gas, basically ANY slight increase or differentiation of how this crash happened and it would be a different story.
Truly incredible, just unbelievable.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I wouldn't say He was taken out. Blaney nudged into him and said in his interview after the race that he wanted to get Newman through for the Win putting the 2 Ford Cars in 1st and 2nd at the 500.
That’s the way it looked to me too.
Hope Newman will recover, he has to have some serious trauma.

GRADS

Reaction score
un-fucking-believable.
Im not a NASCAR fan. Don’t even know who the hot shoes are these days.
But I do know this, that was easily the most violent crash I’ve seen in recent memory.
His impact into the wall by itself was more violent than previous fatal crashes I’ve seen.

It speaks volumes to the engineering involved in race cars of all kinds today.
This was the absolute outer limits of what a car can do to protect the pilot.
One degree different impact angle, one MPH difference on either impact, one more flip after crashing down from the SECOND aerial journey, one more gallon of gas, basically ANY slight increase or differentiation of how this crash happened and it would be a different story.
Truly incredible, just unbelievable.
Completely agree with this. Minus Newman's crash and injuries the ending of this race was insane and props to Denny for not giving up.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh, and when the fuck is dildo master going to get the final boot??
Someone PM me when he’s fucking banned for good, maybe I’ll log in more than once a week if the pollution is under control at some point.

Id put up a smiley face, but it’s just too much trouble...

brgrcru

Reaction score
Looked like He was blocking ? Drafting cars were faster , he got in there way. as he had chance to win it also. As they say rubbing is racing , and there was plenty of that going on .
With 16 laps to go , there was big pile up , with 1/4 of the field taken out .

jetur

Reaction score
He hit that wall hard, I think the safer barrier saved him there. How you live through a car running through the window net, I'm not sure. At any rate I seriously doubt he will be racing for a while.

The question is who is driving the No.6 next week? My guess is Kenseth.

MSum661

Reaction score
Congrats to Denny Hamlin. Threading that needle for the Win!
Only 1 of 4 Nascar Drivers to Win the Daytona 500 "Back to Back" in Nascar History.
That is seriously Badass!!

buck35

Reaction score
I believe His intentions were of good nature.

Thanks , I'm glad that's the case. Haven't watched since all the old guard left. I just happened to come in today and check the forum and seen that it was on and caught the wreck.

Nordie

Reaction score
Newman is very notorious for landing on other cars in big crashes, I really thought/think this might have been his last. I am glad to hear he is still alive, huge testament to the safety of these cars and safer barriers.

Joker

Reaction score
Weird he and his wife split 4 days back. Hoping for the best

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
!st, Ryan needs to send someone out for about 1000 lottery/powerball/mega millions tickets... Then distribute them to the guys "back at the shop" that built that car's safety equipment / roll cage and it's reinforcements... ....Nascar can make the rules, but it still takes a talented CRAFTSMAN to do it right....
This afternoon brought back some seriously sad times from decades of Circle Boat Racing and the friends and competitors we lost.. Talking to a driver on the ramp waiting, watching the boat crash, and hearing "Drivers take a walk" over the PA.. The very worst thing you can hear at a Circle Boat race..
I'm So very happy to hear Ryan will survive. His driving future seems quite petty when we look at the entire picture...Wow, buy those lottery tickets Mr Newman. Thank your LUCKY STARS, and give all the guys "back at the shop" a big kiss.... Oh, and HUG YOUR WIFE AND KIDS.....
Ray

oldschool

Reaction score

Bruce Allen/Kenny Koretsky crash from back in 05’ made that look like a fender bender.

rrrr

Reaction score
This.. the fact they didn’t airlift him is bad.

The entire halo of the cage on the driver side was crushed :(.

Halifax Medical Center is two miles from the track.

When I turned off the TV, my hands were shaking and I thought I was going to throw up. After my years at the sharp end, and losing Dan Wheldon, Justin Wilson, and Bryan Clauson, all of whom I knew, seeing a crash like that is hard to take.

I can only pray he's OK, but right now I have an awful feeling of dread. C'mon, Ryan.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Halifax Medical Center is two miles from the track.

When I turned off the TV, my hands were shaking and I thought I was going to throw up. After my years at the sharp end, and losing Dan Wheldon, Justin Wilson, and Bryan Clayson, all of whom I knew, seeing a crash like that is hard to take.

I can only pray he's OK, but right now I have an awful feeling of dread. C'mon, Ryan.
NEWS CONFERENCE from hospital a few hours ago said he is "Serious, but stable and his injuries are NOT considered life threatening"....... Great News...
Ray