WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Daytona 500 winner just texted me this...

4Waters

Reaction score
Halifax Medical Center is two miles from the track.

When I turned off the TV, my hands were shaking and I thought I was going to throw up. After my years at the sharp end, and losing Dan Wheldon, Justin Wilson, and Bryan Clauson, all of whom I knew, seeing a crash like that is hard to take.

I can only pray he's OK, but right now I have an awful feeling of dread. C'mon, Ryan.
He's alive but in serious condition

rrrr

Reaction score
Thank you. I had DVR'd the race, and posted before I read the good news. I'm still pretty upset.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I am a huge NASCAR fan. Had recorded and the wife asked me not to watch until she got home from work. She was upset, and I could tell something was wrong as the race was already over when she got home. Anyway, I was expecting the worst although I asked her not to tell me. I can't believe how relieved I am. I was feeling guilty watching and not fast forwarding, but I wanted to see it unfold, whatever it was. So we just finished a few minutes ago. I went to Jayski first and saw the news, then here. Crazy shit! Someone above said the lack of deceleration is what saves them now that they have Hans device etc. What I was worried about was something getting in the car, and it sure looked like the cage collapsed. Holy crap!!

Enough of that shit. Anybody going to Fontana? I'll be in the infield. Every year.

Dalton

Reaction score
the fabwork on nascar vehicles is....interesting, not sure you would see that same type of work come out of the big west coast fab shops, and not because they cant

240Hallett

Reaction score
I am a huge NASCAR fan. Had recorded and the wife asked me not to watch until she got home from work. She was upset, and I could tell something was wrong as the race was already over when she got home. Anyway, I was expecting the worst although I asked her not to tell me. I can't believe how relieved I am. I was feeling guilty watching and not fast forwarding, but I wanted to see it unfold, whatever it was. So we just finished a few minutes ago. I went to Jayski first and saw the news, then here. Crazy shit! Someone above said the lack of deceleration is what saves them now that they have Hans device etc. What I was worried about was something getting in the car, and it sure looked like the cage collapsed. Holy crap!!

Enough of that shit. Anybody going to Fontana? I'll be in the infield. Every year.

Yes. There is usually a handful of inmates in the infield. Post up your location…

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
It's none of my business, but why aren't they saying what happened to him? It was odd that they put up those screens, and now, literally a day later, they aren't saying, "he's got multiple scrapes and fractured X,Y, Z." Just seems weird. They're going to have to pick a driver for next week. You'd think they'd say why.

wet hull

Reaction score
The screens are probably a mandatory protocol for these crashes. Sure Nascar and parents dont want what could be a gruesome scene to be viewed in real time. Easier to take the screens down later then forget to out up in first place. Just a guess

zhandfull

Reaction score
It's none of my business, but why aren't they saying what happened to him? It was odd that they put up those screens, and now, literally a day later, they aren't saying, "he's got multiple scrapes and fractured X,Y, Z." Just seems weird. They're going to have to pick a driver for next week. You'd think they'd say why.

HIPAA

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically.

Probably won't get good information till Ryan feels better and does an interview. Assuming he makes a full recovery of course.

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

It's none of my business.🤣🤣🤣👍

buck35

Reaction score
HIPAA

The HIPAA Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information and applies to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and those health care providers that conduct certain health care transactions electronically.

Probably won't get good information till Ryan feels better and does an interview.
Unless you visit an American clinic, and you're records seem go be open to any insurer. Or non insurer .

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Probably because it’s none of your business.

oldschool

Reaction score
I just heard audio where Jeff Gordon pronounces Clint Bowyer “Cunt Bowyer”.

Singleton

Reaction score

injuries are most likely worst then they are saying
HIPPA has nothing to do with it. if Ryan says release it, they would. He most likely does not want everyone knowing how bad it really is.

non life threatening does not equal paralyzed, large % of body burned, etc

hope the guy continues to fight and recover, and he can live a normal life as a parent, etc. That is all that matters IMO.

4Waters

Reaction score
Resized_Screenshot_20200219-092527_Facebook.jpeg

Looks like he's doing good.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Great to see him up and around!!!! :D The wife and I were both afraid something was up with recovery, Ryan has been a LONG time favorite of ours.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
That is amazing! Not even a broken bone?:eek: I have to be honest, watching that broadcast live I thought for sure he was most likely dead or going to die. NASCAR should be giving themselves a big pat on the back.

zhandfull

Reaction score
That is just amazing!

Does he get back in the car now or is it time to hang up the helmet for good?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
That is just amazing!

Does he get back in the car now or is it time to hang up the helmet for good?
Ross Chastain has been named the substitute driver of the No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford this weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the team announced Wednesday.

Roush Fenway Racing driver Ryan Newman was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after a wreck at the finish of Monday’s Daytona 500. He was released from the hospital on Wednesday — the team’s official Twitter account posted a photo of Newman leaving with his two daughters.

Currently there is no timetable for Newman’s return. Additional updates will be provided as they become available.

rrrr

Reaction score
It's such a relief to see those photos. I've been avoiding the media because of my fears Newman was seriously hurt. The silence from Roush-Fenway was excruciating.

I don't have any idea what Dalton is referring to. Those cars are built on jigs by some of the best fabricators in racing, and he's taken a cheap shot with nothing to back it up.

Every person that works on a race car at any level understands the responsibility he has to his driver, and it's taken very seriously. When my driver was wheeling a car at 225 MPH, I was very aware a failure on my part could have tragic consequences.