WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Delta is the best boating on the West Coast

pixrthis

Reaction score
So much boating available no matter what kind of boat you own, v-drives, jet boats, ski and wakeboard boats, offshore boats, cabin cruisers, and cargo ships. The more I explore, the more amazed I am of the quality of boating.

McKay

Reaction score
Went out last year for the first time then again this year. Love it out there. Endless boating! On the water quality, yes it looks dirty but does not have nowhere near the hard water we see in the Colorado river. Boat was in the water for 10 days last year and came out way cleaner than just a couple days at Havasu.

Hammer

Reaction score
Im a big fan of the Delta. We will be making a lot more trips up there moving forward. Surprisingly, I find myself wanting to got to the delta over Havasu. I enjoy the calmness of the delta and the fact that we can enjoy water sports any time of the day. You can find plenty of places to hide and be by yourself at the Delta. It’s great. All while having 18-21’ boat.

MSum661

Reaction score
I love the Delta. So many stops along the way, glass water, etc. . Badass area.
I grew up in Walnut Creek so it was the Delta or Tahoe. Hard to beat it.

Meaney77

Reaction score
When is the next Delta Lunch Bunch deal happening?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Ran tens of thousands of miles around the CA Delta from 2013-2021 and loved the boating. SF Bay this time of year can be spectacular. Petaluma river is beautiful. Back sloughs from Rio Vista to Walnut Grove is fantastic. I miss a bunch of our boating friends out there. I do not miss Kommiefornia, the traffic, nor big city life at all.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I have lived in the bay area for 50+ years and recently moved to san joaquin county, delta is 20 minutes away and I have NEVER been on the delta in a boat WTF, I need to get my s**t together!

MooreMoney

Reaction score
It's amazing how much boating you can do on the delta. Water clarity isn't the best in some places. Even the Sacramento river right in downtown Sacramento is a fun place to boat. Also it can get shallow very quick in places.

dribble

Reaction score
I hate the Delta and the upper Sacramento River north of town. You can never find good ski water.
755961A0-AE6B-4EDD-98C7-CBB11A8CCFD3.jpeg

renodaytona

Reaction score
I have enjoyed the delta and introduced a great group of my friends to it. They like me are always looking forward to the next trip over the hill from Reno.

We were planning to do Hookie day but the Daytona is still down, unless the next thing I do magically fixes it I think we will be missing it this year.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Salt depends on where you are at. Some places is quite brackish or full salt water because you are in the actual bay. Other areas are lower salt than Havasu.

Carlos90041

Reaction score
I want to check this Delta out. Got a few questions. What is the best marina/ launch location? Best place to beach or anchor? Best place to stay? What area should I avoid (23ft MCOB)? Thanks in advance!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
1st Friday in October is Hookie Day every year

Im a big fan of the Delta. We will be making a lot more trips up there moving forward. Surprisingly, I find myself wanting to got to the delta over Havasu. I enjoy the calmness of the delta and the fact that we can enjoy water sports any time of the day. You can find plenty of places to hide and be by yourself at the Delta. It’s great. All while having 18-21’ boat.

Yep

751C09CB-4FC3-41C8-BFA5-2038E8840ED8.jpeg

pixrthis

Reaction score
I want to check this Delta out. Got a few questions. What is the best marina/ launch location? Best place to beach or anchor? Best place to stay? What area should I avoid (23ft MCOB)? Thanks in advance!
We’ve stayed and like a place called B&W that is an old school cabin/motel place with docks and a ramp.
This past weekend we got a house in Discovery Bay which was great, we also discovered some new place we’d like to try. Exploring is half the fun of being there and I’m guessing it could take years to know the place like the back of your hand.

707dog

Reaction score
Shhh delta is closed its way to salty and silty beaches are crap and drinks are warm... look elsewhere 🤣🤣

But honestly if you know where to go and what to avoid its really hard to have a bad time on the river. Plenty of fresh water to swim in and hidden gem beaches to pull off and hang out. SEE YALL ON THE DIRTY D

20220901_190435.jpg
20220904_195747.jpg
20220903_232050.jpg

Ladsm

Reaction score
I used to go on the Delta in the 90's lost of fun areas to play but the brackish water destroyed my chrome and was hard on the trailer.

rebelmark75

Reaction score
I lived in Discovery Bay for 4 years. I’m now in AZ and boat Parker and Havasu. Personally, I think the Delta is a dump. The bars and restaurants, that is the ones still open, are trash compared to Havasu. A lot of wake boats and white trash offshore boats. There is only a few beaches, such as ski beach and it’s pretty ghetto there. The women in the Delta are not very hot compared to the girls in Havasu. The water is dirty and we get a lot of algae in the summer. The main channel can get a lot rougher than Havasu with the wind and tide. Yeah, the Delta is ok, but I’ve boated all over that place, 2-3 times a week in the summer and it has nothing on Havasu.

Hammer

Reaction score
I lived in Discovery Bay for 4 years. I’m now in AZ and boat Parker and Havasu. Personally, I think the Delta is a dump. The bars and restaurants, that is the ones still open, are trash compared to Havasu. A lot of wake boats and white trash offshore boats. There is only a few beaches, such as ski beach and it’s pretty ghetto there. The women in the Delta are not very hot compared to the girls in Havasu. The water is dirty and we get a lot of algae in the summer. The main channel can get a lot rougher than Havasu with the wind and tide. Yeah, the Delta is ok, but I’ve boated all over that place, 2-3 times a week in the summer and it has nothing on Havasu.
It’s funny you say that. I spent 30+years boating havasu and Parker and would probably choose the Delta. Havasu and Parker have nothing on the Delta when it comes to boating.

Havasu and Parker have the party scene and hot chicks, that’s about it. The Delta not so much.

I guess it’s all about perspective

rebelmark75

Reaction score
It’s funny you say that. I spent 30+years boating havasu and Parker and would probably choose the Delta. Havasu and Parker have nothing on the Delta when it comes to boating.

Havasu and Parker have the party scene and hot chicks, that’s about it. The Delta not so much.

What do you like about it? The narrow, blind corners? The brown water? The tidal currents? The weeds?

HBCraig

Reaction score

Are there many beaches you can pull up to? Just curious.

McKay

Reaction score

Same here. Only thing I like Havasu for is extending the season in the spring and fall. Springs food is ok on the water rest not so much.

Delta has great restaurants in my opinion. The blind corners are a drivers dream IMO, come in hot, slow to 20-30mph through the corner if they’re tight and then back on the sticks hard back up to 110 before slowing for the next.

For restaurants. Sailor Jacks, Alamar, Swabbies great food. Many good dive bars with decent food as well.

For sure not the party scene however like Havasu. I go to the lake to put on miles so Havasu party scene has never been an attraction to me.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
What do you like about it? The narrow, blind corners? The brown water? The tidal currents? The weeds?

I still LOVE Parker. I'm not a Havasu fan. I enjoy boating to destinations and running miles on the water. I don't enjoy parking a boat, sitting & blabbing all day. I don't enjoy the look at me crowd. I'd rather spend a day boating & seeing different sights.
To each their own.
Wife & I thoroughly enjoyed boating on the Delta with well over 1000 miles of water to run.

McKay

Reaction score
I still LOVE Parker. I'm not a Havasu fan. I enjoy boating to destinations and running miles on the water. I don't enjoy parking a boat, sitting & blabbing all day. I don't enjoy the look at me crowd. I'd rather spend a day boating & seeing different sights.
To each their own.
Wife & I thoroughly enjoyed boating on the Delta with well over 1000 miles of water to run.
Could not say it any better! My Favorite days on the water is when you see no one else!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… wish I could remember the name of the launch ramp where I missed my turn back into coming from downtown Sacramento… The local water sheriff had to bring me gasoline twice because I had gone further up the Feather River than any prop boat had ever been before… The sheriff said how did you do that…I said I learned how to read the water very early on👍😎

… The sheriff was really a good guy… There was a homeless houseboat beached fairly close to where I had tied up for the night… The houseboat was totally illegal the guy was probably a Tweaker… the sheriff said I’m not gonna bother somebody that a beat up houseboat is all they have left to their name…

… I wish I wasn’t so old and used up…my spectra 24’.,,would be a great boat to spend a couple of weeks camping at various spots on the Delta👍😎

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
I like that it’s not crowded and I’m comfortable skiing with my kids not worrying about some of the reckless boaters I have experienced in Parker/Havasu. If I want to get lunch there are a few options. I also like that I can boat for 100’s of miles.