WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Delta is the best boating on the West Coast

Hammer

Reaction score
Are there many beaches you can pull up to? Just curious.
We found one every day we were there. We where there for a week.
FEDFACB7-4A59-4EB8-850D-2326142E68C0.jpeg

Last edited:

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
I used to go on the Delta in the 90's lost of fun areas to play but the brackish water destroyed my chrome and was hard on the trailer.
Ha, that’s a twist. My BIL ran mostly Lake Mead or western side of Havasu. EVERY time he came up to the delta his tarnished-out Bravo prop became polished again! My 240’s home WAS Arizona and the amount of mineral deposits in anything wet was crazy. It’s happily getting a Dirty D flush now 😎

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I thought they were Hippos?
Ya know, they talked about hippos after the alligators didn't work, and there was a rumor they were going to transplant a couple as a trial by the port of Stockton. But they ended up opting for the snapping turtles. They eat a lot of vegetation.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Shhh delta is closed its way to salty and silty beaches are crap and drinks are warm... look elsewhere 🤣🤣

But honestly if you know where to go and what to avoid its really hard to have a bad time on the river. Plenty of fresh water to swim in and hidden gem beaches to pull off and hang out. SEE YALL ON THE DIRTY D

View attachment 1154173 View attachment 1154174 View attachment 1154175
Ahh Riverpoint marina. Will be there weekend of the 24th.
wanted to try koket but they are still booked ever weeken.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I want to check this Delta out. Got a few questions. What is the best marina/ launch location? Best place to beach or anchor? Best place to stay? What area should I avoid (23ft MCOB)? Thanks in advance!
Check out Tower park too. They got a good RV park.

There are a bunch of campgrounds around all over

Or AirBNB a house in Discovery Bay which is expensive but it has a dock. Good for a big crew.

Marina/ramp depends on where you are staying. There are a bunch.

The Capt

Capt. SF fireboat, St. Francis
Reaction score
We have our big boat ”34 Sabre Express” at an island near Tower Park. 20 bucks to launch OR let them do it with their tractor. So we bring our Sabre up from Sausalito as home base from June to beginning of October to the island. Then our 25 Daytona and 2 jet skis are our run around and explore boats. Everyday is different, up, down, east , west. Heck I have been sideways a couple of times also. There is the Sacramento river, San Joaquin river and the Mokelumne river. Sometimes your the only boat in miles. Unless your near a major launch area. I put my 25 Daytona in for 4 or 5 days at a time and simply wipe it down when pulled out clean no green stain AND NO WATERSPOTS

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
How salty is it?
Stay East of the Antioch bridge and the salt is not an issue. The further East you go the less salt. Up the Sac River towards Sac the water gets very clear. If salt was an issue all the trailers would have rust “hot spots” but they don’t.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’ve never boated up there but would love to try it out!

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I have never boated on Havasu or Parker. However I have spent alot of time on the "Dirty D". I am sure they are 2 different animals as to the types of boating that is done on them. With the Delta, you can always find good water for skiing, wakeboard, or knee boarding. All my kids learned how to do all of them on the Delta. Its great for just cruising for the day also or find a beach and kick it. There are plenty of marinas with dive bars and or food. Some are shit and some are decent. When you have spent a day on the water, your standards are somewhat lower, at least mine are. I have been known for making hot dogs and wrapping them in foil and keep them warm on the motor.

We do want to tow south one day and spend some time down in Havasu or on the river. When that day comes I will ask for advice here.

TVMNick

Reaction score
@McKay @JD D05 got me out to the Delta this August and it was a great experience. I boated 5 days, ran just short of 1000 miles across those days and saw more and explored more on the water than I ever have prior. I was a bit unnerved the first two days as I gained familiarity with the water ways and got my bearings for the area, but after that it was epic. Tons of great restaurants and dive bars to check out and different views than anywhere I've ever been on the water. I can't wait to go back!

707dog

Reaction score
@McKay @JD D05 got me out to the Delta this August and it was a great experience. I boated 5 days, ran just short of 1000 miles across those days and saw more and explored more on the water than I ever have prior. I was a bit unnerved the first two days as I gained familiarity with the water ways and got my bearings for the area, but after that it was epic. Tons of great restaurants and dive bars to check out and different views than anywhere I've ever been on the water. I can't wait to go back!
Thats what we love about the delta... our usually lunch runs we knock down 50+ miles. Have been on a few where we were 70+ miles for the day. Lakepal has done some longer one's.

Last edited:

Orangegazm

Reaction score
I live 40 minutes from five clearwater lakes and 40 minutes from the Delta, We primarily boat the Delta. It can get nasty out there with massive yachts, high winds, tides and fucktard skies but the restaurants and dive bars are amazing !!! We just went to Walnut Grove from Discovery Bay and it was EPIC !!! It can be a shit show but its no worse than any other place... Now through the end of October is the best, a little cooler but way less traffic.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Thats what we love about the delta... our usually lunch runs we knock down 50+ miles. Have been on a few where we were 70+ miles for the day. Lakepal has done some longer one's.

Yep several over 200 mile days & a few 300+ mile days in Skater. One of the best days was launching our lil 23' cruiser in Benicia & going to Swabbies in Sacramento for lunch. 150+ mile day with F14 & friends, never over 35mph

E4L

Reaction score
I have lived in the bay area for 50+ years and recently moved to san joaquin county, delta is 20 minutes away and I have NEVER been on the delta in a boat WTF, I need to get my s**t together!
I seen you on Don Pedro the other day.

stoker2001

Reaction score
I think we saw you and another OB going the opposite direction on Sunday, you looked like you were having a good time.
that was my best bud Bill Erkelen in a orange/yellow STV and an Allison was with him

Attachments

• delta 2022.jpeg
    delta 2022.jpeg
    647.1 KB · Views: 46

stoker2001

Reaction score
That is the boat, it sounds great
Bill is 79 years young and NO slowing him down!!he has been a best of 130mph in that rocket that had a 2.5 ROS 280hp..thats not fast enough,so he upgraded to a DBR 300X 15"short shaft pushing 375HP and is shooting for 140mph:oops:

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Bill is 79 years young and NO slowing him down!!he has been a best of 130mph in that rocket that had a 2.5 ROS 280hp..thats not fast enough,so he upgraded to a DBR 300X 15"short shaft pushing 375HP and is shooting for 140mph:oops:
79-is there hope for the rest of us? I have been thinking 70-75 before I am crippled up!

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Have been boating on the Delta my whole life. I would venture to say not much better inland/freshwater boating in the country. Here’s why- every other place is a lake, you are confined to an extent. I mess with newbies and tell them: hey we are launching in Sacramento, want to go to Australia? Cause technically you could. Lol… they just look at me with a blank look.

I’m currently visiting family in TN and uncle lives on a lake, ya it connects to the TN River and you can take it up to Knoxville and UT football stadium but that’s about it. Then need to go through all kinds of locks, huge houses with tiny docks and no performance boats.

Loto is about the only competition IMO. But you could argue all sorts of things. Everyone has their opinions, but in this whole thread only looks like one guy don’t like the Delta.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I'm torn on the Delta, as I have posted before, my family had a place on Bethel Island when I was a kid. Learned to ski and drive a boat there, great memories for sure. In the 80's and 90's always did a week long trip every summer, it was incredible, 3 different slalom courses you hit in the same day, the Lost Isle was a ton of fun. Last time I was there was 2015, the weeds had taken over where the ski courses were, everything was run down, Lost Isle no longer open. Just seemed like total decay from the 90's. Is it better now? Have they solved the weed issues? There is no place else on the west coast to have 200 mile days that I know of, and you could always find glass for watersports. Hopefully it has made a comeback, would sure love to do a trip there again.

baja-chris

Reaction score
We like 80 degree water. Does the water get that warm in summer? If so, what months?

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I grew up on Bethel Island in the 60s and owned a house in Discovery Bay for 25 years before moving to Havasu.
So I’m qualified to put my 2 cents in about the Delta.
The Delta is for boating not sitting around trying to look cool…..so not everyone’s cup of tea. Where else is there a 1,000 miles of deep fresh water? As for dirty, it’s called sediment for those who criticize it for not looking like the Azures.
My backyard on Bethel Island, my go to boat was Cigarette Top Gun but small boats work too. A beach and water skiing 5 minutes from my dock.

C177F586-1C5A-4060-97F1-12840322C6DA.jpeg

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Such a badass loop! I’ve made it only a couple times, once in my own shit box. Top ten boating list every time!

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Man, all these photos have got me excited about a Delta run. I get back with my boat on Oct 11. Hoping to make at least one run to the Delta before I have to winterize it.