WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Dow

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Curious what you guys think will turn this market around?

I think nothing is on the horizon to change course until 2024 if we can get a Republican back in the White House.

What worries me is the only shot the Democrats have in 2024 is Newsom. And if that fucker gets in kiss everything goodbye.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score

I think nothing is on the horizon to change course until 2024 if we can get a Republican back in the White House.

What worries me is the only shot the Democrats have in 2024 is Newsom. And if that fucker gets in kiss everything goodbye.

This isn't even a Republican or Democrat issue. Neither can fix it and both are to blame.

The markets and everything else are at artificially high levels. The whole thing is fake and built on financing, 0% rates and outsourced labor.

The fix is years and years of pain. High interest rates and going without. The wild card in this situation is we don't produce anything here anymore so how do we eventually turn it around ?!

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Can’t even put money in interest earning shit as every month your loosing out on rate hikes.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This isn't even a Republican or Democrat issue. Neither can fix it and both are to blame.

The markets and everything else are at artificially high levels. The whole thing is fake and built on financing, 0% rates and outsourced labor.

The fix is years and years of pain. High interest rates and going without. The wild card in this situation is we don't produce anything here anymore so how do we eventually turn it around ?!

Or a war :)

dribble

Reaction score

Newsom has one huge obstacle that he can’t overcome. He’s a Democrat from California. His shit isn’t going to play in any swing state anywhere. I’m hoping Trump bows out and Desantis runs.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Newsom has one huge obstacle that he can’t overcome. He’s a Democrat from California. His shit isn’t going to play in any swing state anywhere. I’m hoping Trump bows out and Desantis runs.

This. Newsom will do about as well as Kamala did in her presidential bid.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I can see a drop of 10,000 points before it bottoms out this winter. Will it go below 20,000 is the next question...

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I can see a drop of 10,000 points before it bottoms out this winter. Will it go below 20,000 is the next question...
I don’t see anyone calling a new bottom resistance. When this Ukraine thing hits winter with no energy supplies….

c_land

Reaction score
June lows broken on SPX, VIX is up. Things are getting less orderly.

77charger

Reaction score
dont count out dedicated libs they will swing on newsoms nuts.

As for your second part yes hoping on desantis he will be strong and gain a good amount of voters.I know some who voted biden because of their hate for trump and they complain about the bad job hes doing but if its a trump biden repeat they would vote biden again.Desantis is one who can get these voters and when i asked them about that they all would vote another republican like desantis.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
flat%2C750x%2C075%2Cf-pad%2C750x1000%2Cf8f8f8.jpg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have always had this odd fear that when I got ready to retire, the market would crash, the real estate market will crash and the country
will go to war. Our enemies will crash our electronic system and all records of my assets would disappear.

So odd, that it seems we are getting closer every day. Hindsight will let me know I should have sold everything and moved to Costa Rica or Belize.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Yup, and that is why the Dem's are poking the China and Russia bears. All I know is my son is not going to a war because those idiots need a way out of a recession or depression.
Don’t you worry, my grand kids will be there, if called.

It would be nice if you paid all their taxes back home, while they’re over there, and any equipment they need.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I have always had this odd fear that when I got ready to retire, the market would crash, the real estate market will crash and the country
will go to war. Our enemies will crash our electronic system and all records of my assets would disappear.

So odd, that it seems we are getting closer every day. Hindsight will let me know I should have sold everything and moved to Costa Rica or Belize.
I have this conversation often with my wife. How can we sell everything we own and leave the country? We would like to rent a home in the Grand Caymans without getting taxed to death by Uncle Sam upon departure.

Her response is “We just leave with all of money deposited in an foreign bank through a 🐚 LLC, not pay our capital gains taxes with the intention to and never return to the USA.” I was like “you so crazy.” I do not think that so much today seeing the direction our country is going 🤔. We are all getting scammed by a fiat currency.

East Wood

Reaction score
Nobody ever made money by panicking. There is time to wait for a turnaround. this is the time to buy quality stocks on the cheap.

Im a buyer if Disney goes under 95 and J and J under 161

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Hindsight will tell you non of this is sustainable. The past century will go down as probably the best time to be a human, in the United States.

I’m glad to have lived it. But I’m preparing my family not to depend on it, by understanding my family’s journey of the last 250 years, and how we got here.

The big pictures shows we were farmers, Stone Masons, and produced lumber for the railroad expansion through the 1800’s. The women ran huge vegetable gardens, and canned food.

We still own the farms, but the lumber and stone business lost out to modernization. The farms were never the “cash cow”, of our family finance, but they are paid for, and always a staple. No one has lived on the farms since the 1980’s. We lease out the land. My brothers and cousins are trying to keep it around for another generation. We are all in our 60’s, and all have moved away from the area. I’m sure hindsight will tell use we should have sold the farms last year. 😉

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
A friend posted this scenario..
I know absolutely nothing about how this stuff works, is this even possible?
Kamala quits cause she can’t take it anymore, Biden appoints Newsome as VP, Biden is found unfit and/or steps down and Newsome walks into the presidency without any vote?

TCHB

Reaction score

Free money for the last ten years inflated everything. It could not go on forever!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Don’t you worry, my grand kids will be there, if called.

It would be nice if you paid all their taxes back home, while they’re over there, and any equipment they need.

I served and there is no way in hell I'd support ANY of my family going off to a foreign land for their bullshit destracting wars. Anyone invades OUR soil, I'll lead my family by example.

Their BS war mongering games have been exposed.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Kamala quits cause she can’t take it anymore, Biden appoints Newsome as VP, Biden is found unfit and/or steps down and Newsome walks into the presidency without any vote?
Then looses in a landslide 1 year later......

hallett21

Reaction score
Doesn’t Congress have to approve a VP?

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score

Belize. English is the official language. Too old to learn Spanish.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
This isn't even Joe Bidens fault directly. This is has been building up since 08 and ultimately started under Clinton in the 90's.
Sorry but I respectfully disagree. Trump left Biden an economy begging to re-start with the Deep State Plandemic on the way out. Instead he chose to double down to kill the Fossil Fuel Industry, Push Vaccines and Lockdowns to make Big Pharma Billions in quarterly profits, then spend almost $6 Trillion on Partisan Spending Bills in his first 18 months driving inflation from 1.5% to 8.5% with no end in sight. To make things worse they have more spending measures coming down the pipeline before Nevember midterms when the Marxists hand there power back over.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score

Newsom is like the only guy on the planet that could possibly make things worse than fucktard Joe. Unbelievable.

Flat freak

Reaction score
My right wing radical wife told me the other day that if Newsom runs, he’ll win. She said he is so pretty that millions of women will vote for him just because he is so pretty. I called bullshit & she said “trust me they’ll vote for him and never admit it “ so I had to ask , what about you? She says nope, I like my guys a little over weight with plenty of Sun damage.🇱🇷

boatnam2

Reaction score
Be a little wake up call for all the stone hands who became professional investors who thought the market only goes up.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Gerald Ford (R) has done it, why not Newscum? Fair is fair.....

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Sorry but I respectfully disagree. Trump left Biden an economy begging to re-start with the Deep State Plandemic on the way out. Instead he chose to double down to kill the Fossil Fuel Industry, Push Vaccines and Lockdowns to make Big Pharma Billions in quarterly profits, then spend almost $6 Trillion on Partisan Spending Bills in his first 18 months driving inflation from 1.5% to 8.5% with no end in sight. To make things worse they have more spending measures coming down the pipeline before Nevember midterms when the Marxists hand their power back over.
It was already in full swing by the second week of March of 2020. I was flying that week, and had 6 people on my flight home on Friday. Well before we picked who was running for president. It was all in Trumps court for 9 months, before Trump choked, and stalled the workforce.

I blame Biden for not recognizing inflation and predicting the impact on the supply shortage. I’m sure (hope) he won’t be running again in 2024.

I blame Trump for not getting our national debt under control, when he had both the house and senate. Trump added to it, more than any other President. I’m sure if he runs in 2024, he’ll lose to anyone the Democrats puts up to run against him.

I have know Idea who’s going to win in the mid terms, but with Trump directing the GOP party, and backing candidates in 2022 midterms, he’s stuck his neck out pretty far. He’ll lose it all, if the GOP don’t take control.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Doesn’t Congress have to approve a VP?
You are correct.

Who becomes Vice President if the President dies?​

The new president appoints someone to fill his or her old position.

This is subject to congressional approval.

The 25th Amendment states: “Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."

What happens if the president and vice president die?​

In a scenario where both the President and Vice President were to die, the constitution also lays down a line of succession.

The Presidential Succession Act of 1947 states that if both the President and Vice President were to die then the US House of Representatives Speaker would take over as commander-in-chief of the United States.

GOD HELP US if Nancy the Drunk ever becomes President.

grumpy88

Reaction score
It was already in full swing by the second week of March of 2020. I was flying that week, and had 6 people on my flight home on Friday. Well before we picked who was running for president. It was all in Trumps court for 9 months, before Trump choked, and stalled the workforce.

I blame Biden for not recognizing inflation and predicting the impact on the supply shortage. I’m sure (hope) he won’t be running again in 2024.

I blame Trump for not getting our national debt under control, when he had both the house and senate. Trump added to it, more than any other President. I’m sure if he runs in 2024, he’ll lose to anyone the Democrats puts up to run against him.

I have know Idea who’s going to win in the mid terms, but with Trump directing the GOP party, and backing candidates in 2022 midterms, he’s stuck his neck out pretty far. He’ll lose it all, if the GOP don’t take control.
Trump never had the house and senate . Both sides were against him ! Imagine if we was able to lead a country instead of fight bull shit allogations for 4 years .