WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Epoch Times?

sirbob

Reaction score
Any readers of this newspaper?

I recently started getting them in the mail - I assume they are hoping i'll subscribe. I like a lot of what they talk about and they seem to have a target on the Chinese Communist Party.

But who are they? Anybody know who funds the newspaper?

sirbob

Reaction score
From what I have heard...

They are the king of starting conspiracy theories.

:rolleyes:

HAHA - they have a hard slant for sure. And they are all over China on stuff - the copy that came today had a full section (not article) on China hiding the virus.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
A whole bunch of well known conservative talking heads on the website. I only saw a print addition this week for the first time.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I just started getting it in my InBox daily - so far so good

Taboma

Reaction score
I've been seeing ads for it. Looks solid. I would pay real money for unbiased news right or left.

Unbiased news, is that even a possibility 🤔 Seems that would require unbiased reporters and editors and quite possibly could be dreadfully boring 😂

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Unbiased news, is that even a possibility 🤔 Seems that would require unbiased reporters and editors and quite possibly could be dreadfully boring 😂

I'll take boring to not watch some talking corporate schill telling me how I should think.

sirbob

Reaction score
Who owns them? Are they part of something else?

236eagledave

Reaction score
They were started by a bunch of Chinese anti communist.

"The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper and media extension of the Falun Gong new religious movement. The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television. For its articles, the publication draws from a network within China, as well as staff living in the West."

Backlash

Reaction score
I've been watching their clips online for some time, but haven't subscribed to their paper. Like everything else we hear, I take it with a grain of salt. So far I've been somewhat intrigued by what they have shown.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200522-213934_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-213947_Chrome.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
On December 20, 2019 it was reported that Facebook took down more than 600 accounts connected to the Epoch Times. According to an NBC News report “The network was called ‘The BL’ and was run by Vietnamese users posing as Americans, using fake photos generated by algorithms to simulate real identities. The Epoch Media group, which pushes a variety of pro-Trump conspiracy theories, spent $9.5 million on ads to spread content through the now-suspended pages and groups.”

Seems legit...

Lol

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Any updated info or thoughts on this paper? The origin isn’t too troublesome to me by itself, but as said above, how do we effectively vet “unbiased reporting?”
The recent articles see to be factual and accurate. The opinion pieces are harder to “fact check,” but seem in line with the facts.

Thinking of subscribing.

wzuber

Reaction score
Well, they vehemently oppose the Chinese communist party. They can't be too bad then? Additionally, they were sensored by the leftist Facebook fucks so that suggests to me they were on the side of event reporting I'm interested in hearing about. Being TARGETED as
'conspiracy theorists" is just another weak, lame attempt by the leftist mob to attempt to sway the weak minded leftist from considering any other information and perspective other than their lies, distortion and propoganda.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Victor Davis Hanson and Larry Elder are 2 of among many that contribute to the Epoch Times . Just reading anything of VDH will make your IQ go up 10 points .

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Any updated info or thoughts on this paper? The origin isn’t too troublesome to me by itself, but as said above, how do we effectively vet “unbiased reporting?”
The recent articles see to be factual and accurate. The opinion pieces are harder to “fact check,” but seem in line with the facts.

Thinking of subscribing.
I really don’t think there is such a thing as unbiased reporting. You just have to pick your poison.🙁

It would be nice to watch TV shows movies sporting events whatever without some sort of hidden political agenda.🤔

Mike K

Reaction score
They have really good YouTube videos too .... they say the right things and expose the idiot liberals and the consequences of their votes . Love these guys.

TBulger

Reaction score
We've gotten it for some time now and enjoy it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any readers of this newspaper?

I recently started getting them in the mail - I assume they are hoping i'll subscribe. I like a lot of what they talk about and they seem to have a target on the Chinese Communist Party.

But who are they? Anybody know who funds the newspaper?

I subscribed.. I will admit I have been so busy I haven’t had a chance to read them.. the emails 3-4 a day with new stories I can’t keep up with.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Unless you're a Marxist or you don't care about what's going on you just might like The Epoch Times. Check them out for yourself...read their stories on their webpage and you'll quickly be able to decide if they're straight shooters, Marxists (lol) or "Trump's puppets"