WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Epoch Times?

sirbob

Reaction score
Any readers of this newspaper?

I recently started getting them in the mail - I assume they are hoping i'll subscribe. I like a lot of what they talk about and they seem to have a target on the Chinese Communist Party.

But who are they? Anybody know who funds the newspaper?

sirbob

Reaction score
From what I have heard...

They are the king of starting conspiracy theories.

:rolleyes:

HAHA - they have a hard slant for sure. And they are all over China on stuff - the copy that came today had a full section (not article) on China hiding the virus.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
A whole bunch of well known conservative talking heads on the website. I only saw a print addition this week for the first time.

236eagledave

Reaction score
They were started by a bunch of Chinese anti communist.

"The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper and media extension of the Falun Gong new religious movement. The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television. For its articles, the publication draws from a network within China, as well as staff living in the West."

Backlash

Reaction score
I've been watching their clips online for some time, but haven't subscribed to their paper. Like everything else we hear, I take it with a grain of salt. So far I've been somewhat intrigued by what they have shown.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
On December 20, 2019 it was reported that Facebook took down more than 600 accounts connected to the Epoch Times. According to an NBC News report “The network was called ‘The BL’ and was run by Vietnamese users posing as Americans, using fake photos generated by algorithms to simulate real identities. The Epoch Media group, which pushes a variety of pro-Trump conspiracy theories, spent $9.5 million on ads to spread content through the now-suspended pages and groups.”

Seems legit...

Lol