WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Fast and the Furious to 'Vegas last night:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
At 1 AM we were maybe 10 minutes outta Baker heading to 'Vegas. We were holding about 90 MPH with the pack when in the rear view I saw two car's approaching at superspeed.

A Ford GT and a Fast n Furious kinda rice burner did a scrambled eggs brutally fast kinda pass through our group of maybe 8 vehicles.
Then they kicked it in the ass and sped away up the I 15 toward Halloran grade.

We all then got up to observation/spectator speed. We had maybe a hot minute to observe the race until they dissapeared over the horizon.

The Ford GT was holding the lead by a length with both competitors pulling way away from us at a very fast rate, passing other groups of vehicles high speed scrambled eggs style.
The punks in the rice-burner musta held their thumb on the Nos bottle control the whole distance.

I had the feeling the Ford GT driver was a pro of some sorts. Damfino, maybe the car make one look sharp.

Alice woke up and made me slow down.

I'm sure it wasn't a Fiberfab-on-a-VW Ford GT replicar, it looked and sounded and performed like the real thing.
Superloud old school unique Ford sound.

If they lost control, no way they woulda survived, and Alice gets sore because they endanger others when they do a scrambled eggs kinda pass.
They did several more times while still in view.

Her emergency room experiences take over her mood real quick., her voice takes on a razor sharp tone.

I like to drive fast, but I know my driver skills are very limited.

Alice s2000 has a fun oversteer, but when your rear tires break loose in a turn, with oversteer you can easily over-correct and loose it.

I think that may be why the Krauts have got away from oversteer in their cars.
Fun feature, but ya gotta have a head for it.

So far, un-eventfull 'Vegas trip.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with Alice.
She has seen human mortality first hand, and so have I.
Ya never forget it the first time you see someone die in a gruesome fashion after a wreck that just didn't have to happen.
Sweeping up the players is one thing. Sweeping up a family of four in a mini-van who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is entirely another.
I love hot rods as much as the next guy, or more, and love hauling ass, but on that interstate at 1am with the drunks hitting the road for home, it should have been "game over".

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Seems to be getting worse too. The street racing used to limited to straight line drags, on a deserted road in an industrial park. Now they plow through traffic like its a video game. Coffee can exhausts and bolted on rear deck spoilers don't make those guys drive any better...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with Alice.
She has seen human mortality first hand, and so have I.
Ya never forget it the first time you see someone die in a gruesome fashion after a wreck that just didn't have to happen.
Sweeping up the players is one thing. Sweeping up a family of four in a mini-van who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is entirely another.
I love hot rods as much as the next guy, or more, and love hauling ass, but on that interstate at 1am with the drunks hitting the road for home, it should have been "game over".

Seems to be getting worse too. The street racing used to limited to straight line drags, on a deserted road in an industrial park. Now they plow through traffic like its a video game. Coffee can exhausts and bolted on rear deck spoilers don't make those guys drive any better...

BC said street racing is a bigger ding on your driving record than a DUI.
There were several street racing fatals last week in LA County weren't there?

It's a huge industry.

On to Stateline for some serious coaster riding:
desperado5a.jpg

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Drink my beer in a tavern, and race my cars offroad. that's all I have to say about that.