WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The FED Chariman!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
OOPS, this Inflation DEALIO, might be worse than we predicted.:confused:

Since When? Since "BOZO" took over.

Just think about a Year from now? All the Free "COVID" $'s will be gone, TOY Payments beginnig to Sting, Energy Costs, through the Roof and then ADD a couple Million Illegals needing, Food, Housing ETC.

Hold On, Be Prepared this Ride is going to separate the Men from the Boys!!:oops:

HotRod82

Reaction score
I just got back from a few days of riding up in Kennedy Meadows, I was amazed on how much my little solo trip cost! My coach burned 300 in fuel, 51 bucks to camp, 150 in groceries, 250 in motorcycle tires, propane, general wear and tear on the coach. Probably about a grand for a few days of fun. I don't know how most people are affording the cost of things today. Crazy.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
OOPS, this Inflation DEALIO, might be worse than we predicted.:confused:

Since When? Since "BOZO" took over.

Just think about a Year from now? All the Free "COVID" $'s will be gone, TOY Payments beginnig to Sting, Energy Costs, through the Roof and then ADD a couple Million Illegals needing, Food, Housing ETC.

Hold On, Be Prepared this Ride is going to separate the Men from the Boys!!:oops:

Just like Covid - You don’t like current prices, stay home and don’t spend money. Nothing is gonna sting until people making real money start loosing jobs. With the economy opening back up that is not gonna happen for at least a couple more years, if not several.

Many many people with money have realized they can’t take it with them, and also are trying to make up for 18 months of lost quality of life.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Just like Covid - You don’t like current prices, stay home and don’t spend money. Nothing is gonna sting until people making real money start loosing jobs. With the economy opening back up that is not gonna happen for at least a couple more years, if not several.

Many many people with money have realized they can’t take it with them, and also are trying to make up for 18 months of lost quality of life.

While I agree with you 100% there was still a huge number of people that didn't have the money and said screw it because they got tired of sitting home. While interest rates stay low and no real bad home loans being written there was a lot of Helocs. Tons of people paid the inflated prices for toys and don't care if they lose a year or so down the road and that's fine to an extent but that will also depend on the job market like you said. Cost of living is continuing to go up way faster then household incomes. I do agree though, probably going to be a couple of years before we start seeing signs of any change good or bad.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
While I agree with you 100% there was still a huge number of people that didn't have the money and said screw it because they got tired of sitting home. While interest rates stay low and no real bad home loans being written there was a lot of Helocs. Tons of people paid the inflated prices for toys and don't care if they lose a year or so down the road and that's fine to an extent but that will also depend on the job market like you said. Cost of living is continuing to go up way faster then household incomes. I do agree though, probably going to be a couple of years before we start seeing signs of any change good or bad.

Im not advocating everyone is smart, but every toy bought in the last 18 months could be resold today for pretty much a $0 loss. That is going to go on for the remainder of this year at least. As stuff opens back up we will see many “pandemic toys” sold because kids sports, school, and vacations are all coming back. As long as the people making real money aren’t loosing their jobs (few did during this recession) nothing is going to happen. People have record savings and are going to go blow through it all. People don’t care they want to get out. Inflation and supply and demand have not slowed it down yet.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Im not advocating everyone is smart, but every toy bought in the last 18 months could be resold today for pretty much a $0 loss. That is going to go on for the remainder of this year at least. As stuff opens back up we will see many “pandemic toys” sold because kids sports, school, and vacations are all coming back. As long as the people making real money aren’t loosing their jobs (few did during this recession) nothing is going to happen. People have record savings and are going to go blow through it all. People don’t care they want to get out. Inflation and supply and demand have not slowed it down yet.

BUT, all of this is, In Your Opinion.🤔

fast99

Reaction score
It's not just toys. I purchased a used car 2 years ago. Checked the value last week it is worth 2k more than I paid for it.

However needed a watercraft trailer nothing is available until sometime next year. That probably is a covid related production issue.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It's not just toys. I purchased a used car 2 years ago. Checked the value last week it is worth 2k more than I paid for it.

However needed a watercraft trailer nothing is available until sometime next year. That probably is a covid related production issue.

I was at Universal Trailers last week getting my trailer repaired. If you order a trailer today, you won’t have it until Feb or March 2022.

HotRod82

Reaction score

This example right here is what is going to crash the economy. Someone with money to spend can't spend it. This is going on everywhere. A friend of mine ordered a new Bronco, Ford can't deliver it. These scenarios playing out everywhere....when it catches up, we are going to see some serious corrections.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This example right here is what is going to crash the economy. Someone with money to spend can't spend it. This is going on everywhere. A friend of mine ordered a new Bronco, Ford can't deliver it. These scenarios playing out everywhere....when it catches up, we are going to see some serious corrections.

The shortages are because every industry realizes that this spike in demand is temporary and there is no ROI in gearing up to meet the demand. By the time they do, the demand will subside and the company will be left to foot the bill. This is the exact case with the lumber industry and RV, boat and off road industry.

From a car perspective, your friend wants a Bronco. He will either wait for it, or go buy something else. Ford is selling every new car they can make, they don’t care.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
BUT, all of this is, In Your Opinion.🤔

It is almost a universal truth that any toy bought in 2020 can be sold for what was paid or for more today.

Another nearly universal truth - no one gives a crap about payments on toys until they lose the ability to pay for them. And when they do, the only consequence is to their credit.

I’ve been hearing the bottom is gonna fall out of the economy here since 2015. Guess what, it happened last year and still was not as bad as everyone prognosticated, and we are well on our way to recovery less than a year later.

Reactions: DWC

Looking Glass

Reaction score
It is almost a universal truth that any toy bought in 2020 can be sold for what was paid or for more today.

Another nearly universal truth - no one gives a crap about payments on toys until they lose the ability to pay for them. And when they do, the only consequence is to their credit.

I’ve been hearing the bottom is gonna fall out of the economy here since 2015. Guess what, it happened last year and still was not as bad as everyone prognosticated, and we are well on our way to recovery less than a year later.