WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The first Hallett built under Nordics roof (Hallett 285)

Nordic Boats

Reaction score
Well you have all been waiting for it, here it is the first Hallett build under Nordics roof. This will be a very detailed thread im going walk you through the whole process so bare with me. Hallett 285 party cruiser. stay tuned.

hallett 285.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg
IMG_1271.jpg
IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1295.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
This should be fun... take lots of pictures showing the differences between the original and new construction.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Get to signing Hallett guy! Would your wife get a job for this one?? ;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Still don't think she will.....I just keep telling her part time, Tues-Thursday only so we can have long weekends.....Not asking for 40hrs a week.

Icky

Reaction score
How's this compare prices wise to the Nordic 26 or 29 deck? I'm living vicariously through a friend, so I'm helping him boat shop.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Yes, I too love the rendering. This graphic would also work on 270, 290, 400...following this build.

Dalton

Reaction score
will hallett be like the premium line of Nordic boats?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yes everywhere!!! Now there will be none:D

With out the wood, would you know how much lighter it would be going composite? Just not sure if the Hallett ride was because of the weight.

Will be every interesting to see a side by side comparison of this 285 and the 285 Dave tested a few years ago.

Hammer

Reaction score
Subscribed. Nice John! We will be in touch soon. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eand28

Reaction score
Glad the hallett name is sticking around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberated

Reaction score
will hallett be like the premium line of Nordic boats?
With out the wood, would you know how much lighter it would be going composite? Just not sure if the Hallett ride was because of the weight.

Will be every interesting to see a side by side comparison of this 285 and the 285 Dave tested a few years ago.
I'm not sure about what their lamination schedule was but the composite construction isn't any lighter than a plywood boat. In fact the nylo-board that we use is a little heavier than plywood. The difference is the materials we use will never rot. When finished I'm sure that the finished product will be very close to the same weight as it was built by them.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm not sure about what their lamination schedule was but the composite construction isn't any lighter than a plywood boat. In fact the nylo-board that we use is a little heavier than plywood. The difference is the materials we use will never rot. When finished I'm sure that the finished product will be very close to the same weight as it was built by them.

I was expecting the composite base material to be lighter but yet stronger. Thanks for the information.

Great job!

Gelcoater

Reaction score

lenmann

Reaction score
Looks great and thanks for bringing us along.

Whats up with that resin dispensing system? I thought 1 gallon tomato paste cans were the state of the art?

retaocleg

Reaction score
Did you guys lower the deck mold or is that dude unusually tall?
6'3".......standing on the ground, no scaffold..........I told you it was too short for me!....lol.....and yes, she's getting a lift kit after this boat........if you build the high, you can use scaffolding if you need......build them low, and you(me) are [email protected] just get some oompa loompas to do the work

Gelcoater

Reaction score
6'3".......standing on the ground, no scaffold..........I told you it was too short for me!....lol.....and yes, she's getting a lift kit after this boat........if you build the high, you can use scaffolding if you need......build them low, and you(me) are [email protected] just get some oompa loompas to do the work
How was the reach to the hallway side of the windshield?
I'm 6.0 in shoes.
I hated that part of the job.
Every time I taped that windscreen I wanted to kick the Tooler in the junk before I belted him one.:)

lenmann

Reaction score
I saw the green belt too.

Likely a trade secret, but care to share what its all about? Its unlikely too many of us will ever be leaning into a mold...but curious minds wanna know.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I saw the green belt too.

Likely a trade secret, but care to share what its all about? Its unlikely too many of us will ever be leaning into a mold...but curious minds wanna know.
It's part belt, part back brace, a seal between pants and shirt, I use it to hang my pressure pot from while walking around spraying.

It can become a bit of a pain when you have to take a leak:D

Icky

Reaction score
It's part belt, part back brace, a seal between pants and shirt, I use it to hang my pressure pot from while walking around spraying.

It can become a bit of a pain when you have to take a leak:D
So green tape:D

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the final product. Congrats to the new owner!!

Who's going to step up and get a 27 non-step in the mold?