WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The First Hallett Vector built by Davis boat MFG (customer build)

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I don't ever remember a 240 style raised keel pad on a Vector.
Usually no pad or a delta pad insert. That is a mod to the original
straight V design. I wonder when that happened?
Our Vector had the same pad as this one. They were fairly common.

37 boat

Reaction score
Ordered it this way in 1988...Nick didn’t like it very much...lol

166A9A93-A87A-4699-918C-792FA6A8B26C.jpeg
Looks good. I think this is the 1st Vector I have seen without "hockey sticks" on the deck.

Halvecto

Reaction score
When I spoke with John(?) during the Halletts in Havasu party at the Nordic facility, he said the first Vector hull build with the Nordic technology is for a current Vector owner and planned to de-rig his boat's engine and drive to install in the new hull. I think it is a Bravo / Merc semi-stock combo. Don't know about any accessories, trim or plates.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Is this a standard production build? What is the hull weight?

hallett3

Reaction score
When I spoke with John(?) during the Halletts in Havasu party at the Nordic facility, he said the first Vector hull build with the Nordic technology is for a current Vector owner and planned to de-rig his boat's engine and drive to install in the new hull. I think it is a Bravo / Merc semi-stock combo. Don't know about any accessories, trim or plates.
Is Nordic going to complete the install ? I would love to see them do the interior and see what type of seats and gauge set up. I hope they do get to do it.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
As far as i know there have only been a few on vectors and none of them came from hallett that way, the mold is for a closed deck

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Halvecto

Reaction score
Is Nordic going to complete the install ? I would love to see them do the interior and see what type of seats and gauge set up. I hope they do get to do it.

Yes. What I understood is they are doing all (seats, carpet, hatch, etc.) the install and rigging.

tony

Reaction score
Really nice looking forward to seeing the finished product from Nordic should be awesome!

Hammer

Reaction score
Noticed the saddle tanks. Didn't want to eliminate the ski locker or is it a design issue? I think the 210 is belly, not sure I have seen it in a Vector.

Belly Tank is doable. There are a few vectors running belly tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Badass boat, but I don’t get why the cheap trim tabs. $10k IMCO transom assembly and $500 trim tabs...

I know a lot of Halletts were built like that and it’s customer preference...

hallett21

Reaction score
Badass boat, but I don’t get why the cheap trim tabs. $10k IMCO transom assembly and $500 trim tabs...

I know a lot of Halletts were built like that and it’s customer preference...

I’d take lenco all day long. No pump or hydraulics to deal with. If a motor did fail 300 bucks and an hour and you’re on your way

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I’d take lenco all day long. No pump or hydraulics to deal with. If a motor did fail 300 bucks and an hour and you’re on your way

Eh, to each their own I guess. The Lencos are functional as it’s only a 21’ boat.

My opinion is You don’t custom build a Hallett Vector because of the cheap parts swaps. My k-planes are 18 years old, he’ll ive never changed the oil in the pumps, zero issues.

norcalLmo

Reaction score
NICE work!!! Can you take a few pics of the dash wiring - I'm putting together a boat and would appreciate some examples of how peeps are wiring the dash/fuse boxes etc. I'm using Livorsi with duetsch connectors - thanks!

Halvecto

Reaction score

lavey jr

Reaction score
Is that a shorty or the standard XR Sport on the Teague drive? Curious about the X-dimension for this Vector relative to the 210. I would think the Vector is slightly heavier in the bow area because of the larger deck length than the 210. Or maybe the deck isn't longer, just looks that way from the design.

That's a 2" shorty lower. I don't know anything about the setup but I know that's a shorty

farmo83

Reaction score
I think it's supposed to be a 700hp setup. That thing should scream. Any idea on what size prop he's running?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Is that a shorty or the standard XR Sport on the Teague drive? Curious about the X-dimension for this Vector relative to the 210. I would think the Vector is slightly heavier in the bow area because of the larger deck length than the 210. Or maybe the deck isn't longer, just looks that way from the design.
Closed bow to closed bow, a longer deck will be lighter in the bow due to the large weight of the interior and such being further back in the hull.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Halvecto

Reaction score
Nice work! That's a big engine hatch. Interior looks good.

Very interested in the feedback from the water test.

Great to see this classic hull with the modern attributes.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Such an awesome turnout. The interior looks really clean. I like the Nordic flare that was added. Any other Vectors or 210’s in the works?

Hammer

Reaction score
Wow!!

Ski918

Reaction score
That baby is freaking GORGEOUS! [emoji1786]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk